HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago is NOT trading #3-Hawks looking to trade up or stay at #3

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2004, 06:01 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Chicago is NOT trading #3-Hawks looking to trade up or stay at #3

"We would consider trading the pick in one direction only," said Hawks general manager Bob Pulford on Wednesday, meaning up. "Other than that, we're going to keep it. We're going to get a good player."

The Hawks are expected to choose between Medicine Hat defenseman Cam Barker, Calgary left winger Andrew Ladd and Czech center Rostislav Olesz.

Hawks assistant GM Dale Tallon has said the club will be looking for offensive explosiveness in the draft, though it's believed Tallon likes Barker a lot.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sp...intID=38127151

It's not likely the Rangers will be able to make that trade to acquire another top 6 pick.

The Hawks are not trading out of the top 6 for #26,Tom Poti($3.1 million in 04-05) or Jamie Lundmark and/or a combination of 2nd round picks.

The Hawks have 4 2nd round picks in June

The Coyotes want a dynamic,offensive player with their pick at #5.Most likely an European player-Alexander Radulov?

The Coyotes also have 3 2nd round picks in June

Old
05-20-2004, 08:31 AM
NYR469

if chicago takes barker, then the chances of trading with columbus increases cause columbus wants a dman and thelen should still be on the board at #6, so they could drop down 2 spots get the guy they want and add an extra pick

Old
05-20-2004, 01:04 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
if chicago takes barker, then the chances of trading with columbus increases cause columbus wants a dman and thelen should still be on the board at #6, so they could drop down 2 spots get the guy they want and add an extra pick
If #1-3 is

1-Ovechkin
2-Malkin
3-Barker

The Rangers would need to really like a player to trade up 2 spots and give up an extra 2nd

Put Olesz,Ladd,Tukonen and Radulov in the next group of players.If all of those players have the same grade,the Rangers would be better off sitting at #6 and taking one of those players w/o sacrificing an asset which would be used to move up from #25/26

Old
05-20-2004, 01:07 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
If #1-3 is

1-Ovechkin
2-Malkin
3-Barker

The Rangers would need to really like a player to trade up 2 spots and give up an extra 2nd

Put Olesz,Ladd,Tukonen and Radulov in the next group of players.If all of those players have the same grade,the Rangers would be better off sitting at #6 and taking one of those players w/o sacrificing an asset which would be used to move up from #25/26
But if your read PARK#2's tidbit, the Rangers wouldn't be moving from #6, they would be dealing a package that includes the Toronto #1, and 2nd round pick and a player (Lundmark or Poti).

Old
05-20-2004, 01:58 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
But if your read PARK#2's tidbit, the Rangers wouldn't be moving from #6, they would be dealing a package that includes the Toronto #1, and 2nd round pick and a player (Lundmark or Poti).
I realize that but I was responding to nyr469's post about flipping picks with Columbus

Getting back to PARK#2's thread,which team will completely trade out of the top 5?

Pittsburgh?NO

Chicago?Everyone in that thread said Chicago was a real possibility.Well according to the article in this thread's first post,Chicago is not looking to trade down or trade out of #3.If they move the pick,it will be in a deal for #1 or #2.The Hawks have 4 2nd round picks next month.

Columbus?Probably not

Phoenix?Phoenix has 3 2nd round picks.They are looking for an offensive impact player.They need goal scoring.Jamie Lundmark does not fill the bill and Tom Poti is too expensive for them.

Old
05-20-2004, 02:45 PM
RDriesen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
columbus WILL NOT move that far down.

Old
05-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Prucha73

Atlanta could be interested in Poti, 8th overall pick could get us a really good player.

Old
05-20-2004, 03:33 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Atlanta could be interested in Poti, 8th overall pick could get us a really good player.
Atlanta is picking #10

1. Washington Capitals
2. Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Chicago Blackhawks
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
5. Phoenix Coyotes
6. New York Rangers
7. Florida Panthers
8. Carolina Hurricanes
9. Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
10. Atlanta Thrashers

Old
05-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Atlanta is picking #10

1. Washington Capitals
2. Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Chicago Blackhawks
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
5. Phoenix Coyotes
6. New York Rangers
7. Florida Panthers
8. Carolina Hurricanes
9. Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
10. Atlanta Thrashers

oh yeah, sorry, still can probably get Schremp or Picard at 10

Old
05-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

What if the Ranger's trade up(using the Toronto 1st) to get the # 7 ?

Would Pittsburgh or Chicago be interested in trading their pick for #6 & #7 ?

In this scenario, we get Olesz or Malkin, then still have a nice bunch of 2nd round picks. Just thinking out loud......

Old
05-20-2004, 03:53 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
I realize that but I was responding to nyr469's post about flipping picks with Columbus

Getting back to PARK#2's thread,which team will completely trade out of the top 5?

Pittsburgh?NO

Chicago?Everyone in that thread said Chicago was a real possibility.Well according to the article in this thread's first post,Chicago is not looking to trade down or trade out of #3.If they move the pick,it will be in a deal for #1 or #2.The Hawks have 4 2nd round picks next month.

Columbus?Probably not

Phoenix?Phoenix has 3 2nd round picks.They are looking for an offensive impact player.They need goal scoring.Jamie Lundmark does not fill the bill and Tom Poti is too expensive for them.
Okay, but you and I are surmising from the outside. PARK#2 has inside info. GM's posture all the time.

Old
05-20-2004, 04:30 PM
pittengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
What if the Ranger's trade up(using the Toronto 1st) to get the # 7 ?

Would Pittsburgh or Chicago be interested in trading their pick for #6 & #7 ?

In this scenario, we get Olesz or Malkin, then still have a nice bunch of 2nd round picks. Just thinking out loud......
I'm not sure pittsburgh still moves from #2, but it a more likely scenario than a team having two top 10 picks. CBJ may be willing to move in that scenario if they feel they could still get their guy at #6. Same goes for if NYR really like some enough to move up a couple spaces. They wont trade just to trade. Just curious(being a pens fan), who would you target with that pick? (Saying Ovechkin and Malkin are the only two who def wont be there, but everyone else is fair game ignoring who chicago takes)

Old
05-20-2004, 04:37 PM
in the hall

this is consistent with what Park posted earlier... i like what i'm seeing because this imo adds more legitamacy to the other report

Old
05-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Prucha73

If Coyotes are really high on Lundmark, I would love to get something done there, otherwise trade Lundmark to Oilers for Rita and 3rd or 4th round pick.

Old
05-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Quote:
If Coyotes are really high on Lundmark, I would love to get something done there, otherwise trade Lundmark to Oilers for Rita and 3rd or 4th round pick.
I'd much rather have Lundmark than Rita.

Old
05-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I'd much rather have Lundmark than Rita.
They both need a change, and I said that we also get a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Old
05-20-2004, 10:19 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
They both need a change, and I said that we also get a 3rd or 4th rounder.
Doesn't matter, Lundmark plays all 3 forward spots, and at least can make an NHL roster, Rita can't even get good minutes in the AHL

Old
05-21-2004, 12:24 AM
Chief

I'm not doubting anyone's sources but I just don't understand why Phoenix would want to trade so far down the draft for a player like Poti or Lundmark. On defense they already have Morris, Mara, Suchy and Tanabe. I don't see why they'd want to add Poti to that mix. At forward, they already have Comrie, Langkow, Nagy, Doan as 4 of their top 6 forwards and then have Cleary, Rupp, Sjostrom, Kolanos, Taffe. Would they trade such a high pick for a guy who would wind up on their 2nd or 3rd line?

Old
05-21-2004, 01:25 AM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief
I'm not doubting anyone's sources but I just don't understand why Phoenix would want to trade so far down the draft for a player like Poti or Lundmark. On defense they already have Morris, Mara, Suchy and Tanabe. I don't see why they'd want to add Poti to that mix. At forward, they already have Comrie, Langkow, Nagy, Doan as 4 of their top 6 forwards and then have Cleary, Rupp, Sjostrom, Kolanos, Taffe. Would they trade such a high pick for a guy who would wind up on their 2nd or 3rd line?
I also don't think they wouldn't do it, I don't know where the rumors that Gretzky is in love with Lundmark originate. I think the best we can do is move up to mid teens with Toronto's pick. Or just stay where we are and hope that some good player falls into our laps. Then I would try to move Lundmark and Poti separately. Poti would likely fetch us a good 2nd rounder. in the 2nd round we can make a lot of steals, a lot of very good prospects will slip into 2nd round, some of them will.

Old
05-21-2004, 02:20 AM
Edge

lundmark and poti arent going anywhere straight up for pick, not with the labor situation the way it is. As someone else mentioned, SOMEONE's salary would have to be coming back. Period end of sentence.

Old
05-21-2004, 09:16 AM
NYR469

well lundmark is a RFA so the team getting him wouldn't owe him any $$ unless they signed him...

but the rangers could easily either take a contract back or toss in some $$ if it is needed, i don't think this would be a deal breaker

Closed Thread