HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill V

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2010, 04:03 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Kings didn't have much balanced scoring or speed from their fourth line last season. That is something Parse can provide. He needs to work on his consistency, but his offensive punch to the fourth line is necessary. The Kings have options on that line who can supplement for the grit that Parse doesn't provide. The Kings don't need Moreau at this time. Maybe down the stretch prior to the start of the playoffs, but I think they'll be better served seeing what they have now and who can come out of camp before adding more bodies to a crowded lineup.
I like the idea of rotating Moreau/Westy/Clifford. Give Moreau about 60 games and the other two around 50 each. Moreau has more experience than both and he's definitely an upgrade over Westy without sacrificing much toughness.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Simmonds
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Parse-Handzus-Brown(Parse and Handzus had chemistry)
Clifford-Richardson-Westgarth
Ex: Cliche,Clune

The only way I see someone like Modano fitting in is if Kovalchuk doesn't sign here.

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Richardson-Stoll-Brown
Parse-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Modano-Westgarth

But that second lineup sucks lol.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Moreau is done

Old
06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
no name

I'd love to sign POS to a contract. He's still very young.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:19 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Modano and Moreau have no place on this team. We are already paying large amounts of money for veteran leadership in Smyth and Williams.

Back to Kovalchuk-

I know some people around here covet a #4 d-man over Kovalchuk (!!!). Do not forget that one of Quick/Bernier will be traded eventually. You are looking at a Top-4 defenseman coming in return; most likely a player on a decent contract and not an over-inflated UFA contract which Hamhuis et al will receive.

You strike on Kovalchuk now though because players of his caliber are not available as often as a #4 defenseman. It's funny that those that argue to stay the course and let the homegrown players develop want to go out and sign a UFA defenseman contract when the organization's greatest strength in regards to prospects is on the blue line.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Sure, sign POS to a 2-way contract and let him help Manchester...

Old
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Young or not, he doesn't have the right attitude. Dean traded him for a reason, and that was we needed someone with a different attitude.

Old
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Modano and Moreau have no place on this team. We are already paying large amounts of money for veteran leadership in Smyth and Williams.

Back to Kovalchuk-

I know some people around here covet a #4 d-man over Kovalchuk (!!!). Do not forget that one of Quick/Bernier will be traded eventually. You are looking at a Top-4 defenseman coming in return; most likely a player on a decent contract and not an over-inflated UFA contract which Hamhuis et al will receive.

You strike on Kovalchuk now though because players of his caliber are not available as often as a #4 defenseman. It's funny that those that argue to stay the course and let the homegrown players develop want to go out and sign a UFA defenseman contract when the organization's greatest strength in regards to prospects is on the blue line.
Ya i wouldn't woory about us signing a dman. I think regardless if we get Kovy or not, we will also get a decent dman..

Old
06-29-2010, 04:23 PM
piston

Send a message via AIM to piston
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
As long as he takes a two-way deal.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Fat Elvis

Can see LA looking to deal for Coburn or Nick Schultz or even sign UFAs Schubert or Colaiacovo for help on the blue line. All would be upgrades over Jones IMO and quicker than OD.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:31 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Sure, sign POS to a 2-way contract and let him help Manchester...
He would still have to be waived to be sent up or down.

As for Moreau, he's done. He's way to slow and takes way to many stupid, lazy penalties.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Can't believe anyone is suggesting the Kings to reacquire O'Sullivan. What's wrong with you people? O'Sullivan couldn't stick on the last friggin' place team. How is he going to help the Kings?

Old
06-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
He would still have to be waived to be sent up or down.

As for Moreau, he's done. He's way to slow and takes way to many stupid, lazy penalties.
Exactly. There's no reason to call him up...

Old
06-29-2010, 04:37 PM
redcard

As for Modano, I wouldn't mind it. I'm tired of having an ineffective 4th line with just kids. A Parse-Modano-Westgarth/Clune 4th line would actually be able to put a few pucks in the net. But only on a cheap 1 year deal. Schenn shouldn't be in the NHL if he's only going to play on the 4th line, same with Moller, Cliche and Lewis haven't proven that they can hack it yet. We might as well have a veteran center like Modano who can still play if given a limited role on a cheap contract.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Any one else think that DL might go after Cheechoo who was just bought out by Ottawa?

Our 50 goal scoring consolation prize if we miss out on Kovy.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:43 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Schenn shouldn't be in the NHL if he's only going to play on the 4th line, same with Moller, Cliche and Lewis haven't proven that they can hack it yet. We might as well have a veteran center like Modano who can still play if given a limited role on a cheap contract.
I don't quite understand the argument that young kids shouldn't start out on the fourth line. Do you think if they stay in the minors longer that means they should just jump into the first or second line right away? I understand developing goalies in the minors instead of having them sit on the bench in the NHL, but that's different. Players on the fourth line still get ice time each game and get to practice skating at full speed in practice with the rest of the team. They need to be slowly worked in on the fourth line and work their way up.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I say stick schenn, clifford, and westy on the 4th line and let them learn on the job.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:46 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Any one else think that DL might go after Cheechoo who was just bought out by Ottawa?

Our 50 goal scoring consolation prize if we miss out on Kovy.
I don't know if you've been keeping up with the news but he managed 8 goals and 14 points in 25 games in the AHL. I don't think he will recapture his former glory or even be a viable top 6 player ever again.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
I don't know if you've been keeping up with the news but he managed 8 goals and 14 points in 25 games in the AHL. I don't think he will recapture his former glory or even be a viable top 6 player ever again.
Sorry, I don't know how to do the sarcasm icon.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:49 PM
tantrum4*

What about Jere Lehtinen? I haven't heard his name come up around here and he can score....but he's been a bit of a band aid latelty

Old
06-29-2010, 04:51 PM
johnjm22

Dallas should take a chance on Sully. He played well under Crawford. A change of scenery, particularly out of a Canadian market, would probably do him well.

Old
06-29-2010, 04:55 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Dallas should take a chance on Sully. He played well under Crawford. A change of scenery, particularly out of a Canadian market, would probably do him well.
Winner!

Old
06-29-2010, 04:59 PM
johnjm22

Interesting quotes from Modano:

Quote:
On possibly playing for another team next season: "I can't say that wouldn't happen, but for me to go to a different team, it has to be an organization that I'm very familiar with. That way I would feel comfortable."

On which organizations he feels familiar with: "There are several teams out West: Phoenix , San Jose , Anaheim and LA. I know a lot of the players and coaches of these teams because we've played them so much."
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....e0fc37ed.html

I could see him going to SJ.

Old
06-29-2010, 05:02 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
I don't quite understand the argument that young kids shouldn't start out on the fourth line. Do you think if they stay in the minors longer that means they should just jump into the first or second line right away? I understand developing goalies in the minors instead of having them sit on the bench in the NHL, but that's different. Players on the fourth line still get ice time each game and get to practice skating at full speed in practice with the rest of the team. They need to be slowly worked in on the fourth line and work their way up.
Because if they're on the fourth line its because they currently lack the speed/strength to be effective on higher lines. I'd rather have a veteran 4th line center who doesn't need to adjust to the NHL game.

With Schenn's skill set, if he's responsible enough to be trusted with ice time on the 4th line, there's no reason he shouldn't be on a higher line. To me it has nothing to do with development, and simply to do with icing the best team possible, which is why I don't see Schenn in a 4th line role.

Old
06-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Johnny Utah

People PLEASE stop with the Cheechoo and O'Sullivan nonsense...these guys are garbage and they ain't coming here.

We have room for 1 top six forward, which will had via UFA or a trade and 2 4th liners which will probably be filled by Clifford, Clune, Cliche and Westgarth.

So stop with these crappy names please.

Closed Thread