HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Toronto sports media talk (the FAN continues its changes)

Old
02-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmillz View Post
Krystal not fired first of all.

From Krystal : I am totally not fired. I'm being looked after and will be re-assigned. In 2 weeks I will be in 1-3 pm. I can sleep!

Steve Simmons was wrong as usual.
Brady said on the air today that he was going back to 1-3 after they found a morning guy.

Deebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 01:00 PM
TheTotalPackage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02m3smg View Post
Brady and the other guy mentioned they read the hockey forums and that it was nice to comment anonymously. Feel free to PM me.
Hahaha. I think it was Dunleavy, and I heard that too. Guess a few of them read the boards.

I thought that it was a silly comment to make, especially considering they are for the most part faceless and sit behind a microphone without barely saying anything to one's face.

TheTotalPackage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:

From Krystal : I am totally not fired. I'm being looked after and will be re-assigned. In 2 weeks I will be in 1-3 pm. I can sleep!

Lets wait to see if he actually gets back on the Air.

Its in Krystal's best interest to say he is still back, but I also heard Brady say he was going back to 1-3, and I have more of a reason to believe him.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 02:17 PM
david999

I could see Krystal fitting in the 1-3pm time slot where a solo host works. If Brady does stick to the morning show he needs
a partner.

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 04:19 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

Quote:

ok how can you use krystal as your source? he has zero credibility

simmons said krystal was out as morning guy, he was right, krystal denied it and suggested his show was actually expanding, krystal was wrong

kollins said krystal would stay on to work on special projects which is like when they take a cop off the beat and have him answer phones at the station, kollins only said krystal would fill in on shifts (when the regulars were off etc)....brady said he was returning to 1-3

simmons was clearly right, krystal is clearly a loser trying to save face

would not be surprised if they take his twitter account off the fan site too

BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Daneurism

Krystal 1-3pm is nightmare inducing, I can ignore that awful shock jockey in the morning.

Going from Jack Armstrong and Eric Smith to Andrew Krystal is seriously depressing, if it's true, goodbye Fan590

Daneurism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:40 PM
forecheck

Quote:

It is true that management has promised Krystal the 1 - 3 slot...

He assumed it was 1 - 3 PM

forecheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:53 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
It is true that management has promised Krystal the 1 - 3 slot...

He assumed it was 1 - 3 PM
thats right......krystal nation will rise again 1 am - 3 am, every feb 29

Old
02-12-2011, 05:13 PM
ihlmvp

Cox and Stellick in the morning I bet.

They work well together on the Leafs pre-game and Cox just signed with Sportsnet.

ihlmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:19 PM
dirk41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihlmvp View Post
Cox and Stellick in the morning I bet.

They work well together on the Leafs pre-game and Cox just signed with Sportsnet.
That's not a bad idea, but I'm pretty sure Cox is going to co-host Prime Time Sports every other week with Brunt.

dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:42 PM
forecheck

Blair
Farraway

Get these clowns off the AIR , NON HOCKEY guys sitting behind the microphone calling the game down saying the league is run by a bunch of neandrethals and that they need to change the game .. They dont understand the game , never played on a team , never been in a fight on the ice , never stuck up for a temamate , .. Just a bunch of nerds calling down the sport and those of us who enjoy a little fight here and there...

What a joke these guys are , get off the AIR ; If you hate the game so much

forecheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Ritzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
ok how can you use krystal as your source? he has zero credibility

simmons said krystal was out as morning guy, he was right, krystal denied it and suggested his show was actually expanding, krystal was wrong

kollins said krystal would stay on to work on special projects which is like when they take a cop off the beat and have him answer phones at the station, kollins only said krystal would fill in on shifts (when the regulars were off etc)....brady said he was returning to 1-3

simmons was clearly right, krystal is clearly a loser trying to save face

would not be surprised if they take his twitter account off the fan site too
Rogers will still be paying Krystal for some time, so he'll probably be around in what ever capacity they require. Both Stellick and Landry are STILL being paid by Rogers as well. Kollins has really fouled things up in the short time he's been in charge.

Ritzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Ritzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Krystal 1-3pm is nightmare inducing, I can ignore that awful shock jockey in the morning.

Going from Jack Armstrong and Eric Smith to Andrew Krystal is seriously depressing, if it's true, goodbye Fan590
You do know that Jack and Eric have not been on in quite some time now? Brady has been occupying that time slot.

Ritzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:32 PM
dirk41

Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
Blair
Farraway

Get these clowns off the AIR , NON HOCKEY guys sitting behind the microphone calling the game down saying the league is run by a bunch of neandrethals and that they need to change the game .. They dont understand the game , never played on a team , never been in a fight on the ice , never stuck up for a temamate , .. Just a bunch of nerds calling down the sport and those of us who enjoy a little fight here and there...

What a joke these guys are , get off the AIR ; If you hate the game so much
I bet those "nerds" know how to use punctuation correctly.

Hockey pucks sure are defensive.

dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:15 PM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
Brady said on the air today that he was going back to 1-3 after they found a morning guy.
I genuinely believe that these guys are getting conflicting messages from the current management of the station.

StarBurns RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:46 PM
kurt walker

Just listening to Brian Hayes on 640 am Another smug S O B know-it-all

kurt walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Russell Oliver
HFBoards Sponsor

590 must be getting gearing up for the challenge from TSN, they've now signed Brunt long term to go along with Cox.

Russell Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:19 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzie View Post
Rogers will still be paying Krystal for some time, so he'll probably be around in what ever capacity they require. Both Stellick and Landry are STILL being paid by Rogers as well. Kollins has really fouled things up in the short time he's been in charge.
whatever capacity krystal remains in will not involve the people of toronto hearing his voice, which is good news........you are wrong about landry his contract expired back in june and was simply not renewed

i was just reading that espn has cut the fan off from espn overnight and that the fan is going to rehire the latenight vampire that would be cool

Old
02-14-2011, 06:44 PM
david999

The rumor is that Joey Vendetta, who used to be on Q107 (and recently in California) is the guy who will be taking over the morning show at the Fan.

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
whatever capacity krystal remains in will not involve the people of toronto hearing his voice, which is good news........you are wrong about landry his contract expired back in june and was simply not renewed

i was just reading that espn has cut the fan off from espn overnight and that the fan is going to rehire the latenight vampire that would be cool
ESPN and TSN are partnered, so that probably has something do with cutting the fan from all night.

I really hope they don't go back to Norm Rumack, he was horrible. It's one thing to criticize the Leafs, but to constantly mock the fans (his customers) for continuing to be fans was un-called for. Especailly when he used to have the blue and white goggles worse than anyone -- "I wouldn't trade Wendal Clark for Steve Yzerman"

Deebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:03 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
ESPN and TSN are partnered, so that probably has something do with cutting the fan from all night.

I really hope they don't go back to Norm Rumack, he was horrible. It's one thing to criticize the Leafs, but to constantly mock the fans (his customers) for continuing to be fans was un-called for. Especailly when he used to have the blue and white goggles worse than anyone -- "I wouldn't trade Wendal Clark for Steve Yzerman"
somebody should hire gabe morency for late night, hed be awesome

id be ok with norm though

Old
12-13-2011, 12:07 PM
InherentPoster

Guess it's now "Tim and Sid" at 1?

I've lost track, who have they just replaced?

InherentPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:13 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

I think its because Smith and Jones will be going back to NBA duties now that the season is underway.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:25 PM
somecut*

Best Lineup in a long time

Morning show with Brady and Lang is good. Covers a wide gamut of sports and other topics. Similar to Mike and Mike.

Blair is good. Tim and Sid are a proven commodity and are back together, still have great chemistry. Then Bobcat is Bobcat, tried and true, and Sammut at night. Im kind of sick of Rumack, but he's not as bad as he was with his hammerhead alert crap.

Only guy I cant listen to is Anthony Totera. This guy is terrible. Sounds like an idiot, talks like an idiot, repeats things over and over, opens the phones to talk about nonsense. I seriously go over to TSN radio when he's on.

somecut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:36 PM
saint2e

I listen to Brady and Lang every morning. I like how Mondays/Fridays there emphasis on the NFL, and if there's a leaf game coming up, there's adequate discussion on that mixed in.

Some Blue Jays, some Argos, pretty good mix of everything. I like it.

saint2e is offline   Reply With Quote