HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Toronto sports media talk (the FAN continues its changes)

Old
12-13-2011, 12:37 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by somecut View Post
Morning show with Brady and Lang is good. Covers a wide gamut of sports and other topics. Similar to Mike and Mike.

Blair is good. Tim and Sid are a proven commodity and are back together, still have great chemistry. Then Bobcat is Bobcat, tried and true, and Sammut at night. Im kind of sick of Rumack, but he's not as bad as he was with his hammerhead alert crap.

Only guy I cant listen to is Anthony Totera. This guy is terrible. Sounds like an idiot, talks like an idiot, repeats things over and over, opens the phones to talk about nonsense. I seriously go over to TSN radio when he's on.
I change whenever Sammut comes on. Cant stand him. Everyone else is fine.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Dio666

I only listen to the Fan at nights. Jeff Blair is ok. I used to hate him, but listen to him on occasion. The remaining is TSN radio. Mike Richards in the morning. Blue Lunch at 12pm.

The Fan morning show sucks! I get a headache listening to Brady and the other guy constantly interrupt each other.

Dio666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:46 PM
unstuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by InherentPoster View Post
Guess it's now "Tim and Sid" at 1?

I've lost track, who have they just replaced?
I believe Jeff Blair was on at that hour? Or is he on before noon?

I gotta say, I love sports podcasts, but every since Marek and Wysh started doing their excellent hockey podcast every day, Hockey Central at Noon is beyond useless. SO annoying. Can't stand that self-glorifying curmudgeon Maclean

unstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Deebo

Quote:

Eric Smith.

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
tim and sid are great

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
the squared circle

Quote:

I know I will be in the minority, based on prior threads on the main page, but I cannot stomach these two guys, and have not watched the Score, because of them, in ages.

And I hate to say it, but I am tolerating Brady in the morning. His high-pitched rants are at a minimum now.

the squared circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Interactif

I don't even listen to Mcowan, that's how bad it has gotten over there. Hockey Central is the only thing worth listening to.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I don't even listen to Mcowan, that's how bad it has gotten over there. Hockey Central is the only thing worth listening to.
Did you know that Doug MacLean drafted Rick Nash! I've listened for years and did not even know that!

Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio666 View Post
I only listen to the Fan at nights. Jeff Blair is ok. I used to hate him, but listen to him on occasion. The remaining is TSN radio. Mike Richards in the morning. Blue Lunch at 12pm.

The Fan morning show sucks! I get a headache listening to Brady and the other guy constantly interrupt each other.
I've kind of warmed up to Blair too. The only other option is the Dan Patrick show but I can only stand so much NFL (or more specifically lately, Tebow) talk.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Transplanted Caper

Blair's great if you just pretend it's your crazy old uncle on the radio.

Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 02:16 PM
TheTotalPackage

I've been really impressed with Lang. He was the bug-eyed guy on TV but I find him to be really good on the radio. Brady is hit and miss.

I can't stand Blair's constant huffing and puffing and "umming", but I like the fact he has no problem going with baseball as the main topic of conversation. There's a buzz in the city about the Jays again and I'm glad he's providing a platform for them.

Tim and Sid -- their schtick worked on The Score, but it will get old fast if they go with it all the time. I expect and hope for more intelligent chatter than amateurish banter amongst two guys sounding as if they are in college.

TheTotalPackage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 02:16 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

The only thing I dont like about Brady and Lang is the long segments about NFL football. NO ONE GIVES A CRAP.

In all honesty I'd only listen to a 24/7/365 hockey radio channel if their was such a thing. Even in the middle of the summer.

Old
12-13-2011, 02:21 PM
TheTotalPackage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
The only thing I dont like about Brady and Lang is the long segments about NFL football. NO ONE GIVES A CRAP.
This is one of the main reasons I can't stand listening to Mike Richards on TSN.

TheTotalPackage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:12 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTotalPackage View Post
I've been really impressed with Lang. He was the bug-eyed guy on TV but I find him to be really good on the radio. Brady is hit and miss.

I can't stand Blair's constant huffing and puffing and "umming", but I like the fact he has no problem going with baseball as the main topic of conversation. There's a buzz in the city about the Jays again and I'm glad he's providing a platform for them.

Tim and Sid -- their schtick worked on The Score, but it will get old fast if they go with it all the time. I expect and hope for more intelligent chatter than amateurish banter amongst two guys sounding as if they are in college.
Their terrible, sound like a couple of guy's living in their Parents basement.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Deuce Awesome

Can't believe Brady still has a job. Hate him more than the guys in my photo to the left.

Deuce Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:20 PM
david999

Hopefully, now that the fan will start to broadcast Leaf games (next year) they will talk more leaf hockey. I have slowly weaned myself off the Fan and listen a lot more to TSN radio. They have great hockey analysis, especially before and after a Leaf game where there is complete coverage. I also listen to Gordon Stellick on HNIC radio on Sirius 157 in the afternoons.

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
I change whenever Sammut comes on. Cant stand him. Everyone else is fine.
Sammut has great conversation. The others are relatively more formal where Sammut's shows are great for debate and fan reaction to topics. Love his shows.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Cool Beans Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
I believe Jeff Blair was on at that hour? Or is he on before noon?

I gotta say, I love sports podcasts, but every since Marek and Wysh started doing their excellent hockey podcast every day, Hockey Central at Noon is beyond useless. SO annoying. Can't stand that self-glorifying curmudgeon Maclean
I was going to make a thread to see who was listening to M vs W.

I look forward to it every day. The passion these guys have for hockey is amazing, especially Marek. It's honest, there's no backdoor meanings behind their opinion, and its informative. Plus they make those little hockey jokes that only hockey nerds like us would appreciate and laugh with.

Also, it's interactive with the fans. Excellent daily podcast. I listened to Tim and Sid a bit today too and it's quite enjoyable. I had to stop to do some work though.

It seems like the Fan may have been listening to fans to some degree.

Cool Beans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 07:21 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:

In all honesty I'd only listen to a 24/7/365 hockey radio channel if their was such a thing. Even in the middle of the summer.
I wouldnt say no one gives a crap...NFL is pretty popular but I am in agreement..yawn. I usually can only listen to hockey talk....everything else bores me although there is the odd time something will be of interest. NFL game predictions and monday morning analysis is brutal.

But I never liked Blair before or McCowan but I actually like both guys now. Weird. Couldn't stand the sound of their voices but listened more and more and really started to like them. Strong opinions..don't always agree with them but interesting to listen to, IMO.

Brady and Lang are annoying but I don't care for the alternative..Mike Richards on TSN, so the FAN gets the nod. Liked Landry and Stellick way more.

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 07:29 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
I wouldnt say no one gives a crap...NFL is pretty popular but I am in agreement..yawn. I usually can only listen to hockey talk....everything else bores me although there is the odd time something will be of interest. NFL game predictions and monday morning analysis is brutal.

But I never liked Blair before or McCowan but I actually like both guys now. Weird. Couldn't stand the sound of their voices but listened more and more and really started to like them. Strong opinions..don't always agree with them but interesting to listen to, IMO.

Brady and Lang are annoying but I don't care for the alternative..Mike Richards on TSN, so the FAN gets the nod. Liked Landry and Stellick way more.
That is absolutely the worst part. It goes ON and ON and ON and ON and ON and ON and ON and ON and.......

And I disagree NFL is popular in Canada compared to NHL hockey. Look no further then the Bills games in TO that didnt do nearly as well as many thought they would. About the only thing that matters to anyone is Super Bowl, and thats only for the spectacle and the parties.

Old
12-13-2011, 08:07 PM
TheOtherSide

Bryan Hayes is the best. That is all

TheOtherSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:45 PM
achtungbaby

I really only listen to Jeff Blair and Primetime Sports. Blair has grown on me but it's annoying when he has a guest on and he feels the need to introduce him/her and name the radio station before every sentence he utters.

I used to listen to Hockey Central at noon but I can't stand Doug Maclean anymore.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:54 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

vCash: 588
I actually heard Stormin' Norman the other night. I think all those overnight shifts have made his brain into mush.

Still can't stand Brady and his lame pop culture references.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Hyperglide

What about Stormin' Norm Rumack is he still at the Fan? I haven't listened to the evening shows in years but him and McCown were the only on air personalities I listened too.

Hyperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:58 AM
keonsbitterness
Don't vote for Ford!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelsmustache View Post
Still can't stand Brady and his lame pop culture references.
Exactly! That guy is way too much in love with himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
What about Stormin' Norm Rumack is he still at the Fan?
He's on overnights. Most of his old shtick is gone, which is good, but now he's all boring, which is bad.

keonsbitterness is offline   Reply With Quote