HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NOW CONFIRMED: Sergei Comments on Habs For Halak Trade, Much More

Old
06-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I wish people would stop clomping Andrei in with his retarded brother.
I agree, moving SK would probably improve AK's game.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
I don't know Russian that well, but I can read a few words. The interview seems overall serious, mostly about Sergie's hockey career. But a few responses to questions seemed like he was venting his anger at the Montreal management. He seems to be using slang in his responses so I don't get the the whole gist of his comments. But I think when he responds to a question about Montreal trading Chipchura and Latendresse he refers to the Montreal management bosses as "savages"; I don't know what he means exactly by that, I hope he's not implying that Canada was originally a first nations land populated by what they used to call in western movies savage indians. If that's what he's implying then he must have a lot of animosity against the Canadiens club bosses. He also goes on to say that these trades are further evidence that the Montreal bosses are fools or screwed up or strange or something to that effect; I'm not sure because he's using Russian slang . Maybe someone with better Russian can give a more accurate translation.
No, that is what you are implying. He didn't say anything remotely like that.

I'm not an SK defender. Couldn't care less about what happens to him, but if you don't know, don't speculate.

"Savages" means Wild, as in Minnesota Wild, not anything to do with what you imagined...

As per simple google translate: "See how Latendresse scored for the Canadiens? Two goals in almost twenty matches. And for the 'Savages' after the trade Guillaume scored 25 times. Here is further evidence that the bosses 'Montreal' chudyat."

Not sure what 'chudyat' means, so I can't speak to or speculate on that...

'Savages' = 'Wild'

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Edgy

Sergei "slams" Habs, talk about sensationalism. Someone expresses an opinion and it's slamming the team and he's a disgrace and he should be tarred, feathered and thrown out of town.

It's unbelievable, how could a player think Halak is better than Price and actually say it when asked for his opinion on the matter. Off with his head!!

Would any of you care in the least bit if there were not mention of Price in there? Not very likely.

Edgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 06:06 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbio11 View Post
Jeez people lay off him. He can't be the only player on the team that thinks trading away their MVP was a mistake. Sergei just voiced his opinion.
It's not his opinion that is bothersome. I am sure you are right. There are probably several players scratching their heads about the Halak trade. But, unlike fans, hockey players should be professional and keep these opinions to themselves. You just say management did what they felt was right and Carey Price is a good goaltender, etc etc.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Nedved

what's the much more?!?!?!?!

Nedved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Jeez people lay off him. He can't be the only player on the team that thinks trading away their MVP was a mistake. They always seemed to play better, calmer when Halak was in nets. He gave them confidence and now he's gone. Sergei just voiced his opinion.
You give up your right to voice negative opinions about the Montreal Canadiens to the media once they start signing your cheques. Its the same for any job, with any organization, anywhere.

Sergei is very immature and his agent is not doing a very good job of counselling him on how to maximize his value to get the most out of his career. I don't think the kid is evil and he definitely has talent but players like him are a dime a dozen and the window for him to have a lucrative NHL career is going to close very fast unless he grows up and starts acting like a paid professional.

Krautso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 06:15 PM
andy28

Sergei McChrystal??

Old
06-24-2010, 06:18 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
He also slammed the Much Music Video Awards?

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 06:23 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
Did you read the original post? He complained about how the Habs have dealt with young talent, and mentions spats with the coach. This is internal stuff.

Old
06-24-2010, 06:25 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
He is saying what exactly the "peuple" is thinking.

-Trading Halak is a mistake

-Latendresse did not get enough chance to prove himself

What else is new? Or wait, Sergei said that? What a little punk!
Halak's trade is not a mistake until we see what the results of it are.

HH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Smoke Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
No, that is what you are implying. He didn't say anything remotely like that.

I'm not an SK defender. Couldn't care less about what happens to him, but if you don't know, don't speculate.

"Savages" means Wild, as in Minnesota Wild, not anything to do with what you imagined...

As per simple google translate: "See how Latendresse scored for the Canadiens? Two goals in almost twenty matches. And for the 'Savages' after the trade Guillaume scored 25 times. Here is further evidence that the bosses 'Montreal' chudyat."

Not sure what 'chudyat' means, so I can't speak to or speculate on that...

'Savages' = 'Wild'
Yes now that I read over it again you are right.Sorry for the screw up, my mistake. He's referring to the Minnesota wild . I was half asleep when I tried translating it. He's responding to a question about trading Latendresse and goes on to compare how Latendresse was unproductive in Montreal scoring only two goals but as soon as he went to the Wild he exploded and scored 25 goals. He goes on to say that this is evidence that the Montreal bosses are "чудят" or the latin spelling 'chudyat' . I'm not sure what it means but if you translate it it gives gink or kink as a translation. It might be slang for odd, I'm not sure just speculating. Another question was how was his parting or goodbyes with the team and the management. He says that very few talked to coach Martin; the coach held his opinion and he his; and then they parted amicably and something to the effect of not interferring before leaving.

Last edited by Smoke Monster: 06-24-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Smoke Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 06:31 PM
jcbio11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
It's not his opinion that is bothersome. I am sure you are right. There are probably several players scratching their heads about the Halak trade. But, unlike fans, hockey players should be professional and keep these opinions to themselves. You just say management did what they felt was right and Carey Price is a good goaltender, etc etc.
That's boring though. This might be a cultural thing, I mean, notice how all the north american hockey players always say the right thing. Like we just gotta give 100 percent, I respect the opposing team etc etc bla bla -> me equals so bored when listening to north american player interviews. Pronger is the exception that proves the rule. His interviews during the SC finals this year were great.

So please don't whip Sergei, it's just more common for athletes in Europe and Russia not to be as "politically correct" and voice their opinions. He wasn't thinking - "oh I am gonna slam the Habs", he was thinking "Habs traded away their best player and I believe it was a mistake."

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 06:32 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
He is saying what exactly the "peuple" is thinking.

-Trading Halak is a mistake

-Latendresse did not get enough chance to prove himself
Sure. No doubt a lot of people think that. Moreso concerning Halak. But he is an employee of the management he is criticizing publically. It's normal for people to frown upon this.

Old
06-24-2010, 06:33 PM
jcbio11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
You give up your right to voice negative opinions about the Montreal Canadiens to the media once they start signing your cheques. Its the same for any job, with any organization, anywhere.

Sergei is very immature and his agent is not doing a very good job of counselling him on how to maximize his value to get the most out of his career. I don't think the kid is evil and he definitely has talent but players like him are a dime a dozen and the window for him to have a lucrative NHL career is going to close very fast unless he grows up and starts acting like a paid professional.
Meh. I badmouth my employers all the time. They probably don't know though.

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 06:36 PM
andy28

Quote:
That's boring though. This might be a cultural thing, I mean, notice how all the north american hockey players always say the right thing. Like we just gotta give 100 percent, I respect the opposing team etc etc bla bla -> me equals so bored when listening to north american player interviews. Pronger is the exception that proves the rule. His interviews during the SC finals this year were great.
It may seem boring but there is a reason for it. Because you have a chain of command. Like the army. Like that General who got fired for insubbordination. I am not saying management does not deserve criticism. But your players don't get to do that publically. They can, but it's not smart. He plays for the team. That is his job. He is a soldier, not a general. Usually players who behave in this manner are guys who have shown some considerable talent in the NHL. The selfish elite player. And even they run out of second chances.

Last edited by andy28: 06-24-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old
06-24-2010, 07:26 PM
BulldogFever

Is anyone surprised that Sergei doesn't want Carey to be the #1? Then he'll be able to kick his ass on a regular basis. "Hey Sergei, you're not backchecking enough in the 3rd period, no more vodka for you at the club tonight"

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:

So please don't whip Sergei, it's just more common for athletes in Europe and Russia not to be as "politically correct" and voice their opinions. He wasn't thinking - "oh I am gonna slam the Habs", he was thinking "Habs traded away their best player and I believe it was a mistake."
So players should act like *******s because it would be less boring?
There's a difference with babbling stupid stuff like Sergei does (his comments about Crosby, this thing) and knowing how to express your thoughts the right way.

As if Sergei's opinion mattered about this subject anyway. I'll take him more seriously when he does something out of his ''amuhzing talent'' and actually starts to contribute to a team. He's not even in good terms with Price, do you think he has an objective opinion?

Souvenirs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 08:40 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Both of them have been put on the trade market according to TheFourthPeriod's twitter. The guy is in LA and usually isn't pulling ********, so we'll wait and see.
Half of his rumours are re-posting articles written by Bruce Garrioch.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

Oh.

Oh.

LOL.

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Jeez people lay off him. He can't be the only player on the team that thinks trading away their MVP was a mistake. They always seemed to play better, calmer when Halak was in nets. He gave them confidence and now he's gone. Sergei just voiced his opinion.
This is not about voicing his opinion since he's basically saying that his own teamate, his team's goalie (Price) sucks. Whether it be true or not, you don't talk like that when you're part of a team. There was already questions about SKost's heart and how he belonged to this team. Comments like this cement the fact that he's not a team player, that he doesn't understand what it means to be part of a squad, a team and how its not about him, its always about the team. When you go out and make comments like that, you're indirectly saying your own teammate sucks.

Go Habs Go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 09:36 PM
coolasprICE

He's gone.

He'll be traded tomorrow.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
So players should act like *******s because it would be less boring?
There's a difference with babbling stupid stuff like Sergei does (his comments about Crosby, this thing) and knowing how to express your thoughts the right way.

As if Sergei's opinion mattered about this subject anyway. I'll take him more seriously when he does something out of his ''amuhzing talent'' and actually starts to contribute to a team. He's not even in good terms with Price, do you think he has an objective opinion?
Exactly, there's the right way of saying things and then there's the idiot way.
And like Grabovsky, he's an idiot. He's not helping his own chances of playing on the habs and the more bs that he pulls, he makes it harder for the Habs to send him to another team so that HE can have the opportunities that HE wants. Actually, he's biting the hand thats feeding him. He doesn't have any "savoir vivre".

Halak on the other hand, let his concern be known then he shut his mouth and played the best hockey he's ever played. Now he will be rewarded for it.

Old
06-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
He's gone.

He'll be traded tomorrow.
Quite frankly, I hope he gets sent to the least desirable city in the league. He's nothing but a punk that likes to run his mouth when he's done nothing to prove himself, he hasn't paid his dues.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Slick Nick

I just read the interview in russian.. from the bits I read here I expected cockiness and immaturity but the interview is really not so flashy.

Basically he feels that JM didn't like him since day one and that he's been treated unfairly. Was ready to play on any line, filling any role. Was in great physical and psychological shape in the playoffs but the coach just won't let him play. Says he didn't make the trip to Philly because the day before the flight he went to confront Martin to get an answer to "why I'm not playing". About the Price/Sergei incident, says Price talks with the media too much (should've stayed inside the locker room).

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:35 PM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
I just read the interview in russian.. from the bits I read here I expected cockiness and immaturity but the interview is really not so flashy.

Basically he feels that JM didn't like him since day one and that he's been treated unfairly. Was ready to play on any line, filling any role. Was in great physical and psychological shape in the playoffs but the coach just won't let him play. Says he didn't make the trip to Philly because the day before the flight he went to confront Martin to get an answer to "why I'm not playing". About the Price/Sergei incident, says Price talks with the media too much (should've stayed inside the locker room).
This shows quite a bit of maturity.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote