HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NOW CONFIRMED: Sergei Comments on Habs For Halak Trade, Much More

Old
06-24-2010, 11:35 PM
WhiskeySeven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
I just read the interview in russian.. from the bits I read here I expected cockiness and immaturity but the interview is really not so flashy.

Basically he feels that JM didn't like him since day one and that he's been treated unfairly. Was ready to play on any line, filling any role. Was in great physical and psychological shape in the playoffs but the coach just won't let him play. Says he didn't make the trip to Philly because the day before the flight he went to confront Martin to get an answer to "why I'm not playing". About the Price/Sergei incident, says Price talks with the media too much (should've stayed inside the locker room).
That's only his side of it though. I'd trust Martin's old-school judgment over SKost's.

You only sigh and wonder what Guy Boucher would've done with him though.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbio11 View Post
Meh. I badmouth my employers all the time. They probably don't know though.
publicly to the media? you can say it to coworkers or say it to friends and family but you cant say it to media and expect to keep your job.

Krautso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Smoke Monster

Quote:
I just read the interview in russian.. from the bits I read here I expected cockiness and immaturity but the interview is really not so flashy.

Basically he feels that JM didn't like him since day one and that he's been treated unfairly. Was ready to play on any line, filling any role. Was in great physical and psychological shape in the playoffs but the coach just won't let him play. Says he didn't make the trip to Philly because the day before the flight he went to confront Martin to get an answer to "why I'm not playing". About the Price/Sergei incident, says Price talks with the media too much (should've stayed inside the locker room).
Thanks for translating it.

I was curious about the part of the interview where he's asked about the Latendresse trade and Sergie goes on to say that this is evidence that the Montreal bosses are "чудят" or the latin spelling 'chudyat' . What does "чудят" mean?

Smoke Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:39 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I wish people would stop clomping Andrei in with his retarded brother.
I think this is one of the most brilliant posts on this board...bravo my friend...you have sense...

and you GET IT

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Passchendaele

Well.. that's a bit harsh from him but he's absolutely right.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
Thanks for translating it.

I was curious about the part of the interview where he's asked about the Latendresse trade and Sergie goes on to say that this is evidence that the Montreal bosses are "чудят" or the latin spelling 'chudyat' . What does "чудят" mean?
чудят: comes from чудо which means miracle.. through time and popular language transformed into miracle in a negative sense...

..."are doing miracles " would be an appropriate translation I guess.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Smoke Monster

Quote:
чудят: comes from чудо which means miracle.. through time and popular language transformed into miracle in a negative sense...

..."are doing miracles " would be an appropriate translation I guess.
Okay, thanks. So he was being sarcastic. Sort of like the english equivalent of calling someone a genius when they are really idiots.

Smoke Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
Okay, thanks. So he was being sarcastic. Sort of like the english equivalent of calling someone a genius when they are really idiots.
Yeah, but as harsh as calling them idiots....

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
THE HOFF

sergei is nothing short of a devil's reject...but does anyone honestly think habs made a good goalie choice....? a good trade ?

how can someone argue the club did the right thing when every variable points the other direction ... people who think price will be better than halak are talking out of their *****... it happens on the ice...and it was there for everybody to see... there are no proof price can get us anywhere near where halak brought us this year...sorry for those who will inevitably have to swallow the facts.

attitude, courage, performance, humility,perseverance ... just got traded away (once more) for the comfort of the biggest hot air balloon in habs history and a couple of no namers.

sergei is obviously an easy target to hit... but that doesnt make the organization right... he basically spoke like 2/3 of the habs forum during an interview (lats argument, halak vs price) and he`s getting flammed on... laughable at best.

keep praying guys... keep praying price will pan out to be dominant... cause right now, prayers is all you can rely on.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LesCanadiens

He's worse than Gilbert (the system hurts me) Dionne

What a buffoon.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 12:12 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

rofl

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 12:40 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
sergei is nothing short of a devil's reject...but does anyone honestly think habs made a good goalie choice....? a good trade ?

how can someone argue the club did the right thing when every variable points the other direction ... people who think price will be better than halak are talking out of their *****... it happens on the ice...and it was there for everybody to see... there are no proof price can get us anywhere near where halak brought us this year...sorry for those who will inevitably have to swallow the facts.

attitude, courage, performance, humility,perseverance ... just got traded away (once more) for the comfort of the biggest hot air balloon in habs history and a couple of no namers.

sergei is obviously an easy target to hit... but that doesnt make the organization right... he basically spoke like 2/3 of the habs forum during an interview (lats argument, halak vs price) and he`s getting flammed on... laughable at best.

keep praying guys... keep praying price will pan out to be dominant... cause right now, prayers is all you can rely on.
Prayers and his god given gift to be a great goalie. People like you make me laugh. How can you flame Price when's he's 22, can insane talent, pedigree and he's NHL numbers so far are better or in line with the best goalies in the game.

You can like Halak all you want but there's no need to blast a genuinely amazing talent like Price because the most every professional scout, gm etc think he's a future star. Frankly, Scotty Bowmans assessment of Price carries a bit more weight than your emotionally charged tirade even though it's obviously your right to express it.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Tell Sergei Martin gave him a chance, Sergei did sweet **** all with that chance and now it's time for him to GTFO

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:

...there are no proof price can get us anywhere near where halak brought us this year...sorry for those who will inevitably have to swallow the facts. on.
just a comment on this part of your post.

No one can ever say that Halak did not have a great first two rounds this spring. He was the biggest reason the Habs made up (somewhat) for a dissappointing season.

But to say that he did something so far out of the grasp of Price is just drinking the Kool-Aid and having a very very short memory. Price did pretty good in the 2008 playoffs and before his injury in 2008-9, his play was still developping. Halak won 4 more playoff games this past spring then Price did in 2008.

Have doubts, prefer one over the other, but we are not talking about Aberisher vs Brodeur here.

The Habs did right by Halak in trading hi. To a team that will give them 60 games. Good luck to him, and good luck to the Habs. Let's not be little girls debating over which dude from Twilight is cooler.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 12:53 AM
WeezyHabFan

I kinda agree with him...also stop with this "brothers" stuff Analyzer said it best

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Komarov47

that's pretty funny because, Sergei bash the Habs for the Halak trade and the fact they "failed", but does this guy know that the biggest fail by Montreal is actually himself, Sergei Kostytsyn??

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 02:39 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

There are lots of people who think the trade was good because they think that Halak not only overachieved but that Price has so much untapped potential. That still doesn't make sense to me to trade the guy who got us further than we've been in years. Halak is on top of his game and can get even better of the course of the next few years. Yes, Price can improve as well but Halak is already there - it'd be different if we didn't have the team to compete but we are clearly a team that can go deep into the playoffs. This year if we manage to keep Markov in the lineup and the rest of the roster healthy, that's a good thing. We'll be a team that can compete --- but with Halak we we're a team that could compete just that much better.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Lucius

Quote:

From every account, Price didn't run to the media. The media overheard it. Mind you, he could have thought that Price did it just cause he knew the media was watching.

Regardless, I hope he gets the irony of making such a statement to a reporter.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 08:15 AM
neofury*

I really wanted to give this kid a chance but he really just needs to **** off now.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 08:27 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I really wanted to give this kid a chance but he really just needs to **** off now.
I was thinking the exact same thing....man, just cut him loose, he does have some talent, and will play well elsehwere, but what child........go away Sergei, go away...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 08:35 AM
HabsDood

RIS is saying that Sergei IS on the block..

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
RIS is saying that Sergei IS on the block..
ground breaking stuff by RIS

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 08:44 AM
neofury*

They better just trade him, he's obviously a bad apple and honestly let him go play with Kane where the two of them will probably get in even more trouble, go beat up a bus driver next time or something lmao.

Seriously though send this cancer over to Chicago where he sees no team will put up with his attitude, not even the team his boyfriend Kane is playing for.

Sorry I just find it funny how Kane is telling the media he wants his team to go for Sergei. These young players really need to just shut their ****ing mouths and let their management do their jobs.

Sergei pisses me off because I know he could be great but has a piss poor attitude. I really honestly would use S/A Kost as overpayment now to receive a big winger to replace A Kost.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Galchenyuk94

Damnit Sergei you bum, I bought your jersey last year

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
Damnit Sergei you bum, I bought your jersey last year
Last year? You have no excuse. Had you bought it the year before... sure. But last? HA!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote