HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kane pushing for S. Kost to Chicago (per M. Brunet)

Old
06-24-2010, 09:17 PM
maxpower2010*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
3.75mil/year for andrew ladd?

AND giving up a first for him.
I'm not sure about 3.75 mil/year.. but Ladd is definitely worth a first.

Since 1994, how many of our first rounders have become 40 point power-forwards by their 24th birthday?

Ladd is one mean SOB.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
3.75mil/year for andrew ladd?

AND giving up a first for him.
Sorry, meant to put 3 years not 2. I would only do taht deal if Ladd could be signed under 3 mil, otherwise bid on Armstrong.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 09:22 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
I'm not sure about 3.75 mil/year.. but Ladd is definitely worth a first.

Since 1994, how many of our first rounders have become 40 point power-forwards by their 24th birthday?

Ladd is one mean SOB.
I agree completely.

S.K plus our first.

3 year deal.

2.5M-2.75M-3M... 2.75M cap hit. Perfect value for him, and he's an upgrade over A.K or B.P (IMO)

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Are people seriously expecting us to give up a 2nd round pick for him?

If Hawks for some reason do go for him it wil likely be our 7th or future considerations

I like the Ladd for 1st + SK idea though

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Smoke Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
Maybe because nobody wants them... for the 10 millions $ in cap space they represent.

Other teams might prefer to acquire young UFA talent just as much as you do don't you think?
How do you know nobody wants them? We almost won the cup with them last year. It's my opinion that we should trade them and get kovalchuk. Other teams may not have that opinion or option.

Smoke Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Jason Sonier

I'm officially done with the Habs forum... this thread is embarassing.

Jason Sonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:14 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecklund View Post
I'm officially done with the Habs forum... this thread is embarassing.
Cool. Check the Toronto one out maybe?

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:20 PM
ILuvLucic*

Giving up a 1st to get a 3rd liner a week away from free agency is a bad idea.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:30 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezia View Post
You talking about Ladd?

He put up 49 points just 2 seasons ago, only ONE point on the PP. 38 points last year, only ONE point on the PP.

A 24-year old, big winger, who can play mean, relatively durable, already has 2 Stanley Cups. His numbers don't lie, you play him with Gomez & Gionta and give him PP time I guarantee you he goes over 50 points next year, if not 60. His even strength points are very telling, we wouldn't want a player who is good 5-on-5, would we?

He is better then any natural winger in our system right now not named Cammalleri or Gionta.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:41 PM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
You talking about Ladd?

He put up 49 points just 2 seasons ago, only ONE point on the PP. 38 points last year, only ONE point on the PP.

A 24-year old, big winger, who can play mean, relatively durable, already has 2 Stanley Cups. His numbers don't lie, you play him with Gomez & Gionta and give him PP time I guarantee you he goes over 50 points next year, if not 60. His even strength points are very telling, we wouldn't want a player who is good 5-on-5, would we?

He is better then any natural winger in our system right now not named Cammalleri or Gionta.
I love the fact he brings a big presence, Stanley Cup experience and toughness to the team. But I don't think his numbers will increase going from a secondary role on a Chicago to a leading role on an offensively challenged Montreal.

Just my 2 cents.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:44 PM
bhuya71

I think a more realistic trade will be skost + for skille

a small plus from our side like a mid pick

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:58 PM
maxpower2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
You talking about Ladd?

Yup.

Andrew Ladd
22 year old season: 15 goals 49 points
23 year old season: 17 goals 38 points

Player X
22 year old season: 25 goals 48 points
23 year old season: 22 goals 39 points

Player Y
22 year old season: 17 goals 35 points
23 year old season: 21 goals 43 points

Player Z
22 year old season: 6 goals 22 points
23 year old season: 26 goals 51 points

All four are former first round picks who play a similar type of game. People seriously underrate Ladd around here. Give me one of Ladd or Brouwer over guys like Pouliot or Kostitsyn who don't even understand how the game is played.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Are people seriously expecting us to give up a 2nd round pick for him?

If Hawks for some reason do go for him it wil likely be our 7th or future considerations

I like the Ladd for 1st + SK idea though
that's a bit steep, but i think i'd still do it from a habs pov... especially if we found a way to package A.Kost to get another 1st round pick.

I wonder if the hawks would at all be interested in a deal for Maxwell?

with the addition of Eller, and White, Desharnais, Leblanc... and further down the list with Engqvist, nattinen, dumont, the habs have a lot of good-decent prospects down the middle, making it tough to see where Maxwell will fit in.
conversely, the hawks seem a bit more stocked on the wings (beach, bickell, skille, sweatt, greentree)...

Maxwell for one of Sweatt/Skille?

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 01:50 AM
Habsbobabs

jason spezza for scott gomez +

Habsbobabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 02:11 AM
Komarov47

not a bad choice, not a big bet. It will depends how much Gauthier will ask, i think with all the draft pick Chicago get, a second round would be ok for Sergei. I don't think we can ask for much.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 02:42 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
SK plus 1st for Ladd then sign him for 3 years 7.5 mil
Chicago needs to move salary, but could use potential offence in return.

Montreal is short of picks and cannot afford to trade away more of them. However, they have some prospects that have value.

I would offer SK74 plus Chicago's choice of Trotter/Desharnais/Carle for Ladd.

Trotter and Desharnais are PPG or better in the AHL. Carle is a good offensive D-man. And SK has super chemistry with Kane.

Hopefully that is enough for the Hawks. I don't know what other teams are offering.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 02:56 AM
Finnadien

S. Kostitsyn + Weber for Ladd + 20 cents from Kane's pocket. That's it.

Finnadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 05:38 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I love the fact he brings a big presence, Stanley Cup experience and toughness to the team. But I don't think his numbers will increase going from a secondary role on a Chicago to a leading role on an offensively challenged Montreal.

Just my 2 cents.
I don't think he is a guy you trade for expecting 70-80 points. Play him in the top 6 with 2nd PP time and he hits 50+ and provides a strong physical presence.

Quote:
He is not a week from Free Agency.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 05:48 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

I would say we package the brothers and be rid of them once and for all.

To Chicago
Andrei Kostitsyn
Sergei Kostitsyn

To Montreal
Andrew Ladd or Kris Versteeg

Last edited by Bourne Endeavor: 06-25-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 06:03 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Instead of shooting one messenger at a time, fans need to look at what message is being delivered.

The poor performance in player development is being noted by some fans. Now it's being noted by the players. You can't look at Latendresse, SK, Grabovski, even more players if you choose to go back further and just dismiss the comments as the rants of spoiled malcontents. You should see a pattern.

I see a pattern that's concerning, one that made me hope for the organizatios break from Gainey's influence for a period of time.

The patriarchal "we know best" attitudes that may have worked in the '70's, and which totally destroyed the team under Ronald Corey, seem still to be entrenched .

You can't have the patients running the insane asylum but when the patients one at a time get immediately better when they leave the hospital, you have to wonder.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 06:04 AM
RC51

Sergi Kostitsyn is a hockey talent. Good speed, creative, good shot the one and only problem he has is in his own head. He wants out of MTL at all costs. He can't get along with the Hab GM past or present. He is a hard head that wants out. Now, this does in now way diminish his talent just his trade value. If he goes to a team that will play him he just might settle down and SHUT UP and just play hockey. Then he would be a great bargain.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
Instead of shooting one messenger at a time, fans need to look at what message is being delivered.

The poor performance in player development is being noted by some fans. Now it's being noted by the players. You can't look at Latendresse, SK, Grabovski, even more players if you choose to go back further and just dismiss the comments as the rants of spoiled malcontents. You should see a pattern.

I see a pattern that's concerning, one that made me hope for the organizatios break from Gainey's influence for a period of time.

The patriarchal "we know best" attitudes that may have worked in the '70's, and which totally destroyed the team under Ronald Corey, seem still to be entrenched .

You can't have the patients running the insane asylum but when the patients one at a time get immediately better when they leave the hospital, you have to wonder.
You would agree with anyone saying bad stuff against management at this point. Hard to believe a grown man can still be ******** about a trade in hockey. The fact that you put grabovski up there who the ****ing maple leafs are trying to dump is hilarious.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 06-25-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comment
Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
I would say we package the brothers and be rid of them once and for all.

To Chicago
Andrei Kostitsyn
Sergei Kostitsyn

To Montreal
Andrew Ladd or Kris Versteeg
I think you forgot the

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:44 AM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He is not a week from Free Agency.
Did not mean that. The league is a week away from Free Agency time.

Old
06-25-2010, 09:56 AM
helicon1

Kane was drunk approximately 20 minutes after he scored that OT goal and hasn't been sober since. I probably wouldn't read too much into anything he may have said at this point. We've all said/sexted/emailed things while intoxicated that we later regret. Never been comfortable with players putting pressure on management to acquire their buddies, although "pressure" may be too strong a word in this case. Really though, after this past season he's got tons of leeway with me anyway. Just avoid getting arrested again and we're cool.

Don't know that there's any room for Sergei in the lineup. He'd probably be competing with Skille for a position on the third line (Versteeg's old spot). Quennville seems to like a talented winger - two way center - big strong net presence/physical guy setup for his lines. Hossa and Kane already have Sergei's position covered in the top 6, so third line it is. How's his D and effort level?

Value-wise, mid to late pick? The 1st and Sergei for Ladd is fair, although I'd prefer to keep Ladd obviously. That depends on how much Neimi and Hjalmarsson want I think. I noticed Lalonde and Bickell mentioned by one or two, but I don't believe the Hawks would include either in a trade. Bickell is all but guaranteed a spot on the fourth line next year. He did a decent job in a stretch playing with Toews and Kane this year, and proved he could play at this level. Plus he'll be cheap.

Lalonde is the future Campbell replacement, in the unlikely event that he can be traded. He should be on the team within a year or two, at which point Campbell will teach him all about the spin-o-rama (SoR). It's incredible how many of our players now use the SoR though. Pre-Campbell (3 full seasons), I don't know that Keith ever pulled a SoupySoR. He does them like all the time now.

I have to add that I just noticed the other Sergei thread with him commenting on the Halak trade. Some of his other interesting interviews are coming back to me as well. Man, he's Kane level dumb/oblivious when it comes to the media. Maybe not the best idea pairing he and Kane together. PR nightmare for our president, who values image over all else from what I can tell. I don't care myself (it would have the potential to be pretty hilarious actually) but I can't imagine the Hawks trading for a guy like that.

helicon1 is offline   Reply With Quote