HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Who is moving up to Worcester next year?

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2004, 09:23 AM
guitaraholic*

vCash: 500
Who is moving up to Worcester next year?

I'm anxious to see some guys take the next step, namely Troliga, Robin Jonsson and Backes. Anyone know where they're scheduled to play and if any of them are potential AHLers next year? 210? Buehler? Anyone?

Old
05-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Felix

Send a message via ICQ to Felix
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraholic
I'm anxious to see some guys take the next step, namely Troliga, Robin Jonsson and Backes. Anyone know where they're scheduled to play and if any of them are potential AHLers next year? 210? Buehler? Anyone?
As it seems the jury is on Alex Shkotov to be brought up to play for Cats next year. As of other prospects - it's up to management to decide.

Old
05-20-2004, 11:10 AM
rev

i imagine backes would stay in college.. while he had a good year.. looking at his numbers.. he didnt seem like he was dominate.. and jarmo said he needed to work on his leg strength.. college is probably a good place for him to develop his body.. i imagine... i think he was second on his team in points.. (could be wrong)

Old
05-20-2004, 03:19 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Backes should stay in college for a few more years. Troliga, Alexi, Ryan McMurphy, Hemmingway (up from the ECHL) are a few of the kids who will be w/ the Cats next season. I think that King may be another of the kids ready/forced into the AHL.

I would also like to see Semin (who took a step back this past year in Russia) and Jonsson to come on over to the US to play.

Old
05-20-2004, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix
As it seems the jury is on Alex Shkotov to be brought up to play for Cats next year. As of other prospects - it's up to management to decide.
Cats had a Shkotov jersey ready for him this season...I expect Hemmingway next season.

Old
05-20-2004, 04:55 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Backes, I think, will stay in college. Troy Riddle, however, was a senior this year and should be ready to try his hand at a pro career. I have always seen Riddle as a Draper-type, with a little more skill, and would like to see him bring his game and leadership qualities to the pro ranks.

Troliga should be ready to come out of junior and play for Worcester next year, as well as Shkotov and D.J. King. I think the Blues also have to get Justin Maiser signed, or lose his rights, because he will be a junior player unsigned two years after his draft year.

I'd also really like to see both Nissinen and Barulin over from Europe next year, as well as Jonsson, Skoog and Semin. I say, sign and play as many of the kids as possible -- especially if the NHL season gets delayed or called off.

That's what the AHL is for, to develop players. These guys have all gone about as far as they can in their present junior or Euro leagues; it's time to take the next step and see if they can play one step below the best league in the world.

I know 210 will disagree with this, because the 'Cats do have an obligation to the Worcester fans to ice the best team they can and win as often as possible, so as to put the most fannies into the seats. I completely understand that. But, I think the entire organization would be better served by sending the vets like Virtue, Martins, Pellerin, etc. packing in favor of letting the kids play and develop.

In the long run, they'd be better off losing with the kids for a year or two, and letting them all grow together into a cohesive and effective unit. That's what people want the Blues to do at the NHL level, so why not do it with the farm team first and see how well (or poorly) it will work?

PrussianBlue

Old
05-20-2004, 05:53 PM

Can't get rid of all the vets...it's the older players like Pellerin and Virtue that help develop younger guys.

There's going to be a lot of spots open next season as guys like Brown and Pollock fall off the radar.

Old
05-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Plan 9

What is Zakharov doing next season?

Old
05-21-2004, 09:53 AM
rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre
What is Zakharov doing next season?
i would think he will be back in the Q

Old
05-21-2004, 09:54 AM
rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
Can't get rid of all the vets...it's the older players like Pellerin and Virtue that help develop younger guys.

There's going to be a lot of spots open next season as guys like Brown and Pollock fall off the radar.
is pollock heading off to europe?

Old
05-21-2004, 09:55 AM
rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrussianBlue
Backes, I think, will stay in college. Troy Riddle, however, was a senior this year and should be ready to try his hand at a pro career. I have always seen Riddle as a Draper-type, with a little more skill, and would like to see him bring his game and leadership qualities to the pro ranks.

Troliga should be ready to come out of junior and play for Worcester next year, as well as Shkotov and D.J. King. I think the Blues also have to get Justin Maiser signed, or lose his rights, because he will be a junior player unsigned two years after his draft year.

I'd also really like to see both Nissinen and Barulin over from Europe next year, as well as Jonsson, Skoog and Semin. I say, sign and play as many of the kids as possible -- especially if the NHL season gets delayed or called off.

That's what the AHL is for, to develop players. These guys have all gone about as far as they can in their present junior or Euro leagues; it's time to take the next step and see if they can play one step below the best league in the world.

I know 210 will disagree with this, because the 'Cats do have an obligation to the Worcester fans to ice the best team they can and win as often as possible, so as to put the most fannies into the seats. I completely understand that. But, I think the entire organization would be better served by sending the vets like Virtue, Martins, Pellerin, etc. packing in favor of letting the kids play and develop.

In the long run, they'd be better off losing with the kids for a year or two, and letting them all grow together into a cohesive and effective unit. That's what people want the Blues to do at the NHL level, so why not do it with the farm team first and see how well (or poorly) it will work?

PrussianBlue
that is an interesting observation on riddle.. and, according to the scouting reports ive read on him, it makes perfect sense.. .. interesting.

Old
05-21-2004, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev
is pollock heading off to europe?
Best guess is yes.

Closed Thread