HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anthem Singer Auditions for the Coyotes

Old
06-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

vCash: 500
Anthem Singer Auditions for the Coyotes

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532640

What happened to Patrick Lauder? I liked him. He didn't stretch out the anthems and my only beef whas that he changed that famous quarter note to 8th note on the word "banner" to a rising triplet. (From Ba -NNER er yet wave) to BA-A-Nerr-er yet wave.)

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Prentice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post

What happened to Patrick Lauder? I liked him. He didn't stretch out the anthems and my only beef whas that he changed that famous quarter note to 8th note on the word "banner" to a rising triplet. (From Ba -NNER er yet wave) to BA-A-Nerr-er yet wave.)
Lauder is a great guy. Would be a shame to lose. Is part of our very limited tradition.

Prentice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

There were others who sang the anthem along with Pat in the past!

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 03:32 PM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

I know some guys in the upper concourse who will be dissappointed. Every time they announced Patrick Lauder these guys would yell AAAA-GAIN.

SH1VERmeT1MBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
There were others who sang the anthem along with Pat in the past!
Like Paulina Gretzky? I could do without listening to her lovely singing voice. True story - I was in the main corridor with my girlfriend and we were right next to Patrick Lauder, who had a beer cup in each hand, drinking from one. I remarked to my girlfriend that he would be singing with a little fortitude that night. Lo and behold, it was Paulina Gretzky who sung that night. Had I known, I would have joined Lauder in a two fisted beer salute.

Old
06-24-2010, 03:53 PM
knich

They're looking for a baritone...ala Blackhawks

knich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 04:17 PM
XX
... Waiting

Lauder is one of my favorites across all sports. One of the best male renditions of the anthem that I know of.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 06:40 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post

Patrick wasn't even told about this before the Coyotes released the press release...

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 08:06 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Lauder is one of my favorites across all sports. One of the best male renditions of the anthem that I know of.
100% agree. I don't want him to go anywhere.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:03 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Aww man.... I loved the guy that would always yell right as it gets silent for the anthem....

"PATRICK! YOU ROCK!!!!"

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

That's pretty revolting. Like naming the broadcast booth after Kielback and then booting him.

What do I know. Maybe there was something that hasn't been said that makes this a little more sensible. The only reimbursement he received, according to Patrick, was a ticket to the game.

I just hate seeing people with loyalty like his get treated this way. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a way for potential new ownership to put their stamp on the team.

I think I recall seeing Patrick do Phoenix Mustang games and Roadrunner games. Guy's an Arizona hockey icon as far as I'm concerned.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:28 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
That's pretty revolting. Like naming the broadcast booth after Kielback and then booting him.

What do I know. Maybe there was something that hasn't been said that makes this a little more sensible. The only reimbursement he received, according to Patrick, was a ticket to the game.

I just hate seeing people with loyalty like his get treated this way. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a way for potential new ownership to put their stamp on the team.

I think I recall seeing Patrick do Phoenix Mustang games and Roadrunner games. Guy's an Arizona hockey icon as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe they have auditions every year and patrick always wins?? But if all you say is true, its terrible if hes gone

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:42 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=127656883938339

Facebook Group in support of keeping Patrick as the Official Anthem Singer of the Phoenix Coyotes

Old
06-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Prentice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Maybe they have auditions every year and patrick always wins?? But if all you say is true, its terrible if hes gone
Phone Doug Moss and let him know your feelings.It seems that everything good manages to come and go thriugh the Coyote organization. Michalek, Lombardi, Patrick, etc. If this franchise is to succeed, new ownership must part with the 'bad' ways of the past.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:51 PM
GophersGoneWild
Was MN_Hockey_in_AZ

I can't believe there's all this *****ing and moaning over a national anthem singer...comparing letting him go to possibly seeing Michalek and Lombardi go???? I understand if you like the way he sings the national anthem, but do you go to the game to watch him or the hockey being played? Seriously, the guy fills up three minutes of a 2 hour experience. I'm as patriotic as anyone, but I could really care less who sings it as long as they don't **** it up...

"UH-OH!"

GophersGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:58 PM
moosemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Hockey_in_AZ View Post
I can't believe there's all this *****ing and moaning over a national anthem singer...comparing letting him go to possibly seeing Michalek and Lombardi go???? I understand if you like the way he sings the national anthem, but do you go to the game to watch him or the hockey being played? Seriously, the guy fills up three minutes of a 2 hour experience. I'm as patriotic as anyone, but I could really care less who sings it as long as they don't **** it up...

"UH-OH!"

This

moosemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 12:32 AM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
I see your point, but so many teams have official anthem singers and the Coyotes for some reason are going back to doing auditions. It was unfair to Patrick in the first place that he found out on Facebook and that the front office didn't even call him up to give him the info and that they were going a different direction... Not to mention Patrick is a great anthem singer...

Old
06-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Prentice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioGeno 71 View Post
I see your point, but so many teams have official anthem singers and the Coyotes for some reason are going back to doing auditions. It was unfair to Patrick in the first place that he found out on Facebook and that the front office didn't even call him up to give him the info and that they were going a different direction... Not to mention Patrick is a great anthem singer...
This 'Patrick situation,' is another reason why new ownership should get rid of ALL the garbage from the Moyes-Gretzky era. This type of failed business like mentality is one of the reasons for failure within this organization in the past--to the present. Please ! Hurry up !Let's get the new owners in place ASAP and, again, fire all the losers of the past that have been responsible for this type of dirty stuff.

Old
06-25-2010, 02:52 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Can someone post a video of Mr. Lauder singing the anthem? They don't show the anthem on TV.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:22 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Can someone post a video of Mr. Lauder singing the anthem? They don't show the anthem on TV.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:

"UH-OH!"

Loyalty is a complicated emotion. It is too difficult to explain to you here.

Old
06-25-2010, 10:07 AM
GophersGoneWild
Was MN_Hockey_in_AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorTippett View Post
This 'Patrick situation,' is another reason why new ownership should get rid of ALL the garbage from the Moyes-Gretzky era. This type of failed business like mentality is one of the reasons for failure within this organization in the past--to the present. Please ! Hurry up !Let's get the new owners in place ASAP and, again, fire all the losers of the past that have been responsible for this type of dirty stuff.
Exactly...let's get rid of Maloney and his staff while we're at it since he can be attributed to the "garbage from the Moyes-Gretzky era"...what a bum that guy is. Overreact much?? He's an ANTHEM SINGER. I understand the way that he found out (if that's true) was a little shady, but come on people, let's put this in perspective.

GophersGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 10:43 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

I don't care who sings the Anthem as long as it's traditional and short. Those R&B goofballs that draw out ever friggin' word drive me nuts. That and when they have everybody stand up and cheer for an 18 year old soldier from Luke. Yeah, he's a hero.

Anyway, I still miss Kielback. He was awesome. I sent an email to Doug on that one and he called me. He said just as many people called and said they hated him as said they loved him. I find that hard to believe.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Prentice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
I don't care who sings the Anthem as long as it's traditional and short. Those R&B goofballs that draw out ever friggin' word drive me nuts. That and when they have everybody stand up and cheer for an 18 year old soldier from Luke. Yeah, he's a hero.

Anyway, I still miss Keilback. He was awesome. I sent an email to Doug on that one and he called me. He said just as many people called and said they hated him as said they loved him. I find that hard to believe.
I find it hard to believe that they appear to give out two year deals only, as well. I never believed the youth movement was a reason to not sign free agent talent of higher quality then what we signed .I realize that Maloney is GM of the year, but, I can't understand why he would resign Pyatt with a two year deal, and now we have rumours that Lombardi is good as gone. Z is gone. Latest is that Stempniak is interest to Colorado ! Surely, there must be some money around to resign more than just Wolski, Upshall, Biss., Aucoin. I hope Maloney realizes that he could get GM of the year, two years in a row, and that 2009-2010 was not a one of.
The only hope left will be when new ownership takes over and get rid of from what's left of the Moyes-Gretzky machine.
As to Keilback, he was awesome. Like Patrick Lauder, he was a tradition to the Coyote organization, and a great guy.Kielback was exciting as an announcer, and would mingle with the fans at Coyote events. Same as Patrick.

Old
06-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Tom Polakis
W-L-W-L-W-L...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
That and when they have everybody stand up and cheer for an 18 year old soldier from Luke. Yeah, he's a hero.
Something tells me that comment isn't going to go over very well on this board. I will say that if I had my way, they'd have everybody stand up and applaud a selected grade school teacher during every game.

One of the sports talk stations interviewed Lauder during the playoffs, and even had him sing the anthem from a conference room at his day job. His day job was for Discount Tire in what sounded like a very ordinary white-collar position. He said that he doesn't get paid, but receives some comp tickets for doing the anthem.

Tom Polakis is online now   Reply With Quote