HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-11 Salary Cap/Lineup Discussion (contract chart post #1)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-07-2011, 09:10 AM
  #976
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
If everything's equal, Rupp gets re-signed over Asham. It's pretty clear that Rupp is one of Bylsma's favorites and that he prefers him over Asham. It's just a matter of who's more affordable from a cap standpoint. I can't see Shero not having one of those type of guys around on the 4th line.

Captain Hook is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 09:12 AM
  #977
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
If everything's equal, Rupp gets re-signed over Asham. It's pretty clear that Rupp is one of Bylsma's favorites and that he prefers him over Asham. It's just a matter of who's more affordable from a cap standpoint. I can't see Shero not having one of those type of guys around on the 4th line.
Which is another issue.

I can't see Asham getting much of a raise, which would still have him under a million. I can see a team offering Rupp over a million which is far too much, IMO.

JTG is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 09:13 AM
  #978
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Just throwing this out there, and I know he's a LW, but what would you guys think about Tanguay? He's had a great rebound season in Calgary. Not sure if he'd come here and rather stay in Calgary, or if we could afford him...

MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 09:16 AM
  #979
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,619
vCash: 500
It seems that Tanguay only produces in Calgary or next to Joe Sakic

JTG is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 09:19 AM
  #980
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
It seems that Tanguay only produces in Calgary or next to Joe Sakic
He played well in Montreal too with 41 points in 50 games. It's not like we don't have the skilled centers for him to play beside.

MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 09:21 AM
  #981
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,619
vCash: 500
It would depend on the price. I wanted him this past offseason because I thought he would be cheap. I don't think he's going to be cheap any more which ramps up the risk.

If he were smart, he'd sign a 2 year deal in Calgary and just continue playing well for them.

JTG is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 09:25 AM
  #982
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
It would depend on the price. I wanted him this past offseason because I thought he would be cheap. I don't think he's going to be cheap any more which ramps up the risk.

If he were smart, he'd sign a 2 year deal in Calgary and just continue playing well for them.
Yeah the $$$ is a question mark. Really though when you look at his stats, the only down year he had was with the Lightning. His next worse year was with the 07-08 Flames (58 points in 78 games). He seems to be good for at least 60 points/season usually.

Another guy I wouldn't mind looking at would be Jussi Jokinen.

MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 09:41 AM
  #983
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Also I know this is sacrilegious around here, but if salary was not factored in, and you had to choose one or the other, would you rather have Talbot or Adams?

MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 09:45 AM
  #984
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,619
vCash: 500
Talbot

JTG is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 09:52 AM
  #985
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Talbot
Ok, because looking at our lineup for next season and the salary cap space available, we might have room to keep Talbot in Adam's place. It of course all depends on Talbot's salary demands and whether he want's to cash in somewhere of course though. For example...

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Tyler Kennedy ($1.500m)
James Neal ($2.875m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / Dustin Jeffrey ($0.600m)
Matt Cooke ($1.800m) / Jordan Staal ($4.000m) / Eric Tangradi ($0.845m)
Maxime Talbot ($0.800m) / Mark Letestu ($0.625m) / Arron Asham ($0.700m)
Michael Rupp ($0.825m)

DEFENSEMEN
Paul Martin ($5.000m) / Zbynek Michalek ($4.000m)
Brooks Orpik ($3.750m) / Kristopher Letang ($3.500m)
Matt Niskanen ($1.500m) / Ben Lovejoy ($0.525m)
Deryk Engelland ($0.566m)

GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m) / Brent Johnson ($0.600m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $61,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,137,500; BONUSES: $127,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,262,500

--- Hell looking at that, they could still sign Adams, and keep Talbot at his current salary.

MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 09:57 AM
  #986
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.
 
EdwardBlake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownFever View Post
Also I know this is sacrilegious around here, but if salary was not factored in, and you had to choose one or the other, would you rather have Talbot or Adams?
Thats a hard question... For sake of arguement since both are UFA this off season, lets just say they stick at their current salaries.

If Talbot would still want the 1.05M you almost have to let him walk in free agency. If Max wants to stay a Pen he has to come down to at least the 750K mark.

Adams I think is a must resign in the off season, he is part of the back bone of what got this team the cup. He does all the little things that do not get glorified or get praised. He is responsible in every zone defensively and knows how to keep the puck in the offensive zone to wear down opposing lines. And he does these things with relatively zero margin of error over the course of a season. He probably our best forward on the PK behind only Staal due to Staal's offensive abilities short handed.

Talbot also does these things, but he has become very inconsistent and seems to disappear for games even in these areas.

Going on what I think should actually happen. I think Adams deserves a small raise, and Talbot needs a pay cut. I hope we resign both of them for the same exact salary, or close to the same. Both in the 650K-750K.

I think thats fair... But if it came to simply choosing only one. I love Max, and a huge fan of the guy, and would be infinitely sad to watch him walk.

If it were down to choosing one, I would pick Adams at this point in time.

EdwardBlake is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 09:59 AM
  #987
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post
Thats a hard question... For sake of arguement since both are UFA this off season, lets just say they stick at their current salaries.

If Talbot would still want the 1.05M you almost have to let him walk in free agency. If Max wants to stay a Pen he has to come down to at least the 750K mark.

Adams I think is a must resign in the off season, he is part of the back bone of what got this team the cup. He does all the little things that do not get glorified or get praised. He is responsible in every zone defensively and knows how to keep the puck in the offensive zone to wear down opposing lines. And he does these things with relatively zero margin of error over the course of a season. He probably our best forward on the PK behind only Staal due to Staal's offensive abilities short handed.

Talbot also does these things, but he has become very inconsistent and seems to disappear for games even in these areas.

Going on what I think should actually happen. I think Adams deserves a small raise, and Talbot needs a pay cut. I hope we resign both of them for the same exact salary, or close to the same. Both in the 650K-750K.

I think thats fair... But if it came to simply choosing only one. I love Max, and a huge fan of the guy, and would be infinitely sad to watch him walk.

If it were down to choosing one, I would pick Adams at this point in time.
They could afford to keep both I think though at least for next season at their same salary.

MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 10:01 AM
  #988
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.
 
EdwardBlake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownFever View Post
They could afford to keep both I think though at least for next season at their same salary.
I was meaning that more in what they deserved as salary. I love Max, but 1.05M for him. No, I do not like that price tag.

EdwardBlake is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 10:09 AM
  #989
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post
I was meaning that more in what they deserved as salary. I love Max, but 1.05M for him. No, I do not like that price tag.
Would you not like the potential roster next season that I proposed above? I can't see him getting that salary, but they definitely have the room to keep him for that price tag.

edit: I still have an incredible desire to see a line of Neal - Crosby - Kunitz tried just one game...


Last edited by MrBurgundy*: 04-07-2011 at 11:06 AM.
MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 05:42 PM
  #990
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Every day I come up with something different lol....


CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Tyler Kennedy ($1.500m)
James Neal ($2.875m) / Jordan Staal ($4.000m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m)
Eric Tangradi ($0.845m) / Mark Letestu ($0.625m) / Dustin Jeffrey ($0.600m)
Matt Cooke ($1.800m) / Maxime Talbot ($0.900m) / Craig Adams ($0.600m)
Michael Rupp ($0.825m)

DEFENSEMEN
Paul Martin ($5.000m) / Zbynek Michalek ($4.000m)
Brooks Orpik ($3.750m) / Kristopher Letang ($3.500m)
Matt Niskanen ($1.500m) / Deryk Engelland ($0.566m)
Ben Lovejoy ($0.525m)

GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m) / Brent Johnson ($0.600m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $61,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,137,500; BONUSES: $127,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,262,500

MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 05:44 PM
  #991
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,619
vCash: 500
Flip Kunitz and Neal...that's what I'd go with, provided Talbot takes a discount and Adams doesn't get a raise (which is a lot to ask, IMO).

You're probably picking one of Talbot or Adams and Vitale will be in the opened spot.

JTG is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 05:47 PM
  #992
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 16,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Flip Kunitz and Neal...that's what I'd go with, provided Talbot takes a discount and Adams doesn't get a raise (which is a lot to ask, IMO).

You're probably picking one of Talbot or Adams and Vitale will be in the opened spot.
I left Kunitz with Crosby because him and Kennedy have chemistry together, plus the chemistry Kunitz already has with Crosby. As for Talbot, I think $900,000 is the max I'd give him. I did give Adams a slight raise, but even if he wanted more AND Talbot wanted more, they would have the cap space to do it. They would have to be 1 year deals though.

I'm still salivating about the thought of a Neal - Crosby - Kunitz line... I don't care if Kunitz has never played RW before.

Neal - Crosby - Kunitz
Kennedy - Staal - Malkin

Those lines are big question marks, but they have potential to be deadly.

MrBurgundy* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 06:02 PM
  #993
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,619
vCash: 500
I think Staal plays his best hockey with Kunitz, and having a shooter like Neal with a playmaker like Crosby is something I have to see. Even if it's a game and doesn't work. I'd just have to make sure.

JTG is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 07:18 PM
  #994
shureshot66
Global Moderator
 
shureshot66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
continue discussion here.

shureshot66 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.