HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds select PATRICK CEHLIN - 5th round - 128th overall

Old
06-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Preds select PATRICK CEHLIN - 5th round - 128th overall

Quote:
An excellent skater. Cehlin accelerates really well and has good top speed. He is an offensive minded player with good technical skills, release and creativity. Passes the puck well and is a good scorer too. Could use some fine-tuning in his defensive game. It remains to be seen if he can translate his offensive game while playing against men.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...r=6047&lang=en

Had 5 goals, 6 assists in 54 games for Djurgĺrden in the SEL this season as an 18 year old...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 03:13 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

His numbers in the SEL aren't that great but I like his stats from international play.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
His numbers in the SEL aren't that great but I like his stats from international play.
Gotta consider those were playing against men as an 18 year old and likely on a lower line. I've heard a lot of people pretty high on him as a sleeper, having fun researching it right now...

Last edited by Seth Lake: 06-26-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old
06-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
This year, there are once again several Djurgarden-affiliated players who are hopeful of having their names called at the Entry Draft. NHL Central Scouting has ranked three Djurgarden players among the top 100 positional prospects in Europe: right wing Patrick Cehlin, right wing Arvid Stromberg and 20-year-old left wing Daniel Brodin. While none are shoo-ins to be chosen over the weekend, all three have sleeper potential in the latter rounds.

Cehlin is ranked 25th among Euro skaters this year after slipping through the cracks of last year's draft. The 18-year-old became a regular starter for Djurgarden over the course of this past season. An NHL team that selects Cehlin will do so based on the hope that he blossoms offensively. In 54 regular season Elite League games in 2009-10, Cehlin potted 5 goals and added 6 assists for 11 points. He also played in 16 playoff games and 9 games for Djurgarden's junior team. A smooth skater and stickhandler, the 5-foot-11, 175-pound Cehlin has a quick right-handed release.

"I don't know if I'd put him in the same category as Hornqvist but there are some similarities at the same age," a European scout for a Western Conference team told NHL.com via e-mail. "Cehlin knows how to get from point A to point B and he has good anticipation. He competes [but] has to get stronger especially without the puck and has to work on his defensive play."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=532676

Old
06-26-2010, 05:02 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
He played very sparingly with Djurgarden.

Good pick, I was rather surprised when he didn't get picked last year. Really quick on his feet.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
He played very sparingly with Djurgarden.

Good pick, I was rather surprised when he didn't get picked last year. Really quick on his feet.
Yeah, I remember you were very high on him last year and surprised he wasn't picked...well I guess he's a year more mature now

Old
06-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

My favourite pick of the whole draft. I'm biased no doubt, but I really love Cehlin's game. He's got nice hands, good speed and he really really wants it. He only got lower line time this past year on a SEL finalist, but with some players leaving I think he really could break out next year like his teammate Krüger did last year. They are actually quite similar. High compete level with nice technique.

Needs to bulk up though.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
“He is a high-energy guy, a fierce competitor, and he goes into the hard areas,” Predators European Scout Lucas Bergman said. “I have a lot of comparisons to Patric Hornqvist in the way he approaches a game. He is not the biggest guy, but he is 6-3, and is strong on the puck. He’s one of those players who is in attack mode all the time.”
Umm...does Bergman know something the rest of us don't? Cehlin is listed at 5'11" in everything I can find...

Old
06-26-2010, 09:00 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Umm...does Bergman know something the rest of us don't? Cehlin is listed at 5'11" in everything I can find...
"Communication breakdown / it's always the same / havin' another breakdown / drive me insane..."

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

He's definitely not 6 foot 3

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Seth Lake

After re-reading some of the quotes in that article, I've come to the conclusion that they got these quotes from a teleconference and it was computer transcribed. I don't know what Bergman was saying there, but I doubt that it was that Cehlin is 6-3. I think he might have said "feisty"...which would go along with the quote.

In Bitetto's quote they have first past...which is obviously first "pass"...