HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Flames #3 Prospect

View Poll Results: Who is the Flames #3 prospect?
Tim Ramholt 25 53.19%
Brent Krahn 5 10.64%
Andrei Medvedev 2 4.26%
Andrei Taratukhin 9 19.15%
Yuri Trubachev 1 2.13%
Dany Sabourin 1 2.13%
Curtis McElhinney 1 2.13%
Tomi Maki 1 2.13%
Jamie Tardif 0 0%
Egor Shastin 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Flames #3 Prospect

After a saw-off in the regular vote, Eric Nystrom took the tie-breaker over Tim Ramholt to be named the Flames 2nd best prospect. Added this time around is Egor Shastin.

#1 - Dion Phaneuf - 90.63%
#2 - Eric Nystrom - 28.57%

On to the 3rd best prospect in the Flames system.

Old
05-20-2004, 04:27 PM
chriss_co

When can we start seeing some of those Russian draft picks?? i've been waiting patiently for too long... i want to see Taratukhin in a North American style game..

Old
05-24-2004, 01:27 AM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

See, here's the thing about Tim Ramholt. If he's everything he's touted to be, he still faces a logjam on the Flames blueline now and in the forseeable future. He's put in one year as a CHL junior at huge financial sacrifice versus staying in the Swiss League to show he's committed, but at the same time I wouldn't bank on him making the same sacrifice at the AHL level. The Swiss League would still pay him more. Chances are this impedes his long-term development.

Really, where does Tim Ramholt fit in? Obstensively, he replaces a Toni Lydman, whose two concussions within a month raises legitimate concerns. But then you see a Andrew Ference step up with a Steve Montador not far behind.

Given the choice between Zurich and Lowell, Ramholt may very well opt for the former. Could this puts his development in limbo? Time will tell.

Unless he's given a legitimate chance to crack the big squad come training camp, I'd say he becomes disenchanted with the organization and may very well become trade fodder at a significant discount.

Old
05-25-2004, 12:30 AM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Repairman
See, here's the thing about Tim Ramholt. If he's everything he's touted to be, he still faces a logjam on the Flames blueline now and in the forseeable future. He's put in one year as a CHL junior at huge financial sacrifice versus staying in the Swiss League to show he's committed, but at the same time I wouldn't bank on him making the same sacrifice at the AHL level. The Swiss League would still pay him more. Chances are this impedes his long-term development.

Really, where does Tim Ramholt fit in? Obstensively, he replaces a Toni Lydman, whose two concussions within a month raises legitimate concerns. But then you see a Andrew Ference step up with a Steve Montador not far behind.

Given the choice between Zurich and Lowell, Ramholt may very well opt for the former. Could this puts his development in limbo? Time will tell.

Unless he's given a legitimate chance to crack the big squad come training camp, I'd say he becomes disenchanted with the organization and may very well become trade fodder at a significant discount.
This is a good reason to hope for a lockout (not that I am, but you know what I mean) Our defensive situation would be helped alot by a year more of being able to observe the prospects that are rising in the organization, it hurts the big club's D, but I think it would help to sort things out more and give a legit reason for the Flames to leave Ramholt (and Phaneuf) in the Dub and A, I think one more year would be great for both of them.

I'm not sure, but wasn't the reason Ramholt came to NA because he was sick of getting limited PT with Zurich? If so I don't think he would exactly be in a huge rush to return to the team.

Closed Thread