HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs 2010 NHL Entry Draft Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Jori

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Avs 2010 NHL Entry Draft Thread II

Since the first thread has nearly reached its limit, I'd figure we get a new thread started for this weekend's festivities. Try to keep all chatter about the draft here, that includes trades. If the Avs make a trade, somebody can create a new thread for that transaction. Thanks guys....this should be an interesting couple of days!

Old
06-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

I really hope Sherman is working on a package to move up... I think the Avs are right on the backend of the talent ridge in the "middle section" of the draft.

I'd love to get to #9 or #4... Pretty pricey for #4 but I think #17 and Liles could move the Avs up considerably.

Old
06-25-2010, 11:12 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
I really hope Sherman is working on a package to move up... I think the Avs are right on the backend of the talent ridge in the "middle section" of the draft.

I'd love to get to #9 or #4... Pretty pricey for #4 but I think #17 and Liles could move the Avs up considerably.
The only time I would want to move up is if we get a top 12 pick. I would rather move up in the 2nd round.

My final picks
1a - Skinner
1b - Campbell
2 - Etem
3 - Forbort
4 - Watson
5 - McIlrath

Old
06-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

1. Edmonton Oilers—Taylor Hall
2. Boston Bruins—Tyler Seguin
3. Florida Panthers—Cam Fowler
4. Columbus Blue Jackets—Eric Gudbranson
5. New York Islanders—Brandon Gormley
6. Tampa Bay Lightning—Brett Connolly
7. Carolina Hurricanes—Nino Niederrieter
8. Atlanta Thrashers—Ryan Johansen
9. Minnesota Wild—Mikael Granlund
10. New York Rangers—Vladamir Tarasenko
11. Dallas Stars—Jeff Skinner
12. Anaheim Ducks—Alexander Burmistrov
13. Phoenix Coyotes—Jack Campbell
14. St. Louis Blues—Derek Forbort
15. Florida Panthers—Emerson Etem
16. Ottawa Senators—Austin Watson
17. Colorado Avalanche— Dylan McIlrath
18. Nashville Predators—Nick Bjugstad
19. Los Angeles Kings—Riley Sheahan
20. Pittsburgh Penguins—Kirill Kabanov
21. Detroit Redwings—Mark Pysyk
22. Phoenix Coyotes—Alex Petrovic
23. Buffalo Sabres—Quinton Howden
24. Atlanta Thrashers—Jon Merrill
25. Vancouver Canucks—Jarred Tinordi
26. Washington Capitals—Evgeny Kuznetsov
27. Montreal Canadiens—John McFarland
28. San Jose Sharks—Calvin Pickard
29. Anaheim Ducks—Tyler Pitlick
30. Chicago Blackhawks—Beau Bennett

I don't want this to happen but it's got a lot of logic...

Old
06-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Atl reportedly shopping #8

That makes #4, #8 and #9 on the block...

Old
06-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Freaky Styley

the more i think about it, the more i want granlund or campbell, and hope we find a way to do it.. i have a funny feeling that we might be able to grab granlund

smallish player with questionable skating, but great playmaking and the smartest player in the draft? sounds a lot like a finnish paul stastny to me

i'm huge on smart players.. innate hockey sense is something very valuable which can't really be taught

Old
06-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Pure

Forbort
Tarasenko
Campbell
Watson
Etem
Skinner
Merrill
Howden

Old
06-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden CM View Post
the more i think about it, the more i want granlund or campbell, and hope we find a way to do it.. i have a funny feeling that we might be able to grab grandlund

smallish player with questionable skating, but great playmaking and the smartest player in the draft? sounds a lot like a finnish paul stastny to me

i'm huge on smart players.. innate hockey sense is something very valuable which can't really be taught
Granlund would be a godsend but I'm hoping for Jeff Skinner.

Mikael Granlund would be amazing though... He plays a Patrick Kane game.

Old
06-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Granlund would be a godsend but I'm hoping for Jeff Skinner.

Mikael Granlund would be amazing though... He plays a Patrick Kane game.
haha, well i know you won't take any convincing... i also love that he played better amongst men than he did amongst his peers.. i see that as he excels at a faster more skilled game

Old
06-25-2010, 12:11 PM
electricjib

I hope we grab 8 or 9. Perfect spot to snag Skinner and possibly Connoly or Neidereter (sp to lazy to look) if they were to fall. What do you think it would take to keep our pick at 17 and acquire a pick somewhere in the top 12?

Old
06-25-2010, 12:21 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
I hope we grab 8 or 9. Perfect spot to snag Skinner and possibly Connoly or Neidereter (sp to lazy to look) if they were to fall. What do you think it would take to keep our pick at 17 and acquire a pick somewhere in the top 12?
Way too much. It is going to take a solid top 6 forward (Stewart?) or high end prospect to get a pick that high. I doubt even Shatty alone would return one of those picks. We might be able to convince somebody to take our 2nd and 1st and maybe a mid-tier prospect for 8 or 9. I just don't see anything in that range worth what we would have to give up to get there.

Old
06-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Starrlinx

The day has finally arrived

Campbell
Skinner
Etem
Forbort
Watson

McIlrath

Old
06-25-2010, 12:26 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvsFan View Post
Way too much. It is going to take a solid top 6 forward (Stewart?) or high end prospect to get a pick that high. I doubt even Shatty alone would return one of those picks. We might be able to convince somebody to take our 2nd and 1st and maybe a mid-tier prospect for 8 or 9. I just don't see anything in that range worth what we would have to give up to get there.
I agree, no thanks. Someone good will fall to us.

Old
06-25-2010, 12:29 PM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvsFan View Post
What if we were to grab either 15th or 22nd as they're also rumored to being shopped. I'm just a strong believer that we should try to snag another 1st with the players available.

Here is my draft wishlist for round 1

Skinner
Etem
Bjgustad
Bennet
Pysyk
Merill

Old
06-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Weird - I had a dream a couple nights ago that the Avs got Gormley..I couldn't figure out how the hell they could pull it off so I dismissed it...but with all these picks available it could happen

I want McIlrath, but I'm not posting a list. As soon as whoever we take puts on an Avs jersey, I'll become a fan...whether I like the player or not. I just want to add another good piece to the prospect pool....We need to fill in some holes from taking all these kids and putting them in the majors so quickly.

Old
06-25-2010, 12:39 PM
PeterTheGreat

My wish list (somewhat realistically):

Derek Forbort
Jeff Skinner
Mikael Granlund
Emerson Etem
Austin Watson
Jon Merrill

Old
06-25-2010, 12:40 PM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott76 View Post
Weird - I had a dream a couple nights ago that the Avs got Gormley..I couldn't figure out how the hell they could pull it off so I dismissed it...but with all these picks available it could happen

I want McIlrath, but I'm not posting a list. As soon as whoever we take puts on an Avs jersey, I'll become a fan...whether I like the player or not. I just want to add another good piece to the prospect pool....We need to fill in some holes from taking all these kids and putting them in the majors so quickly.
Agreed, I'm always a fan of their picks. They're always kids with great attitudes, and great character. Not to mention they almost always have likeable personalities. It's probably hard to top Duchene or O'Reilly as far as personality goes, but there are some good kids in this years draft. I really think Beau Bennett or Nick Bjgustad end up on our roster when the nights done assuming someone epic doesn't fall to us.

Old
06-25-2010, 12:44 PM
zingbo2133

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott76 View Post

i had a dream the other night that i came on HF and saw that the avs somehow picked up the 6th overall and when i woke up ran to the computer to only be dissapointed it was a dream
i kinda want them to grab burmistrov if hes somehow still available

Old
06-25-2010, 12:49 PM
AvalancheRy

I say the Avs deal one of their many puck movers on defense as part of a package to move up. Cumiskey, Liles or even Elliot/Barrie. There is no way all of these guys will be able to play in the coming years. Jones and Yip could be used too.

If there is a guy the Avs like then it would be worth it to move up to 8. Granlund would be awesome. A typical Avs player. No way Campbell falls to 17 now either.

I personally don't mind holding at 17 and taking BPA. I have no doubt we will get a good player. But if they Avs really like somebody then I hope they have the moxy to make a move.

Old
06-25-2010, 12:59 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalancheRy View Post
I say the Avs deal one of their many puck movers on defense as part of a package to move up. Cumiskey, Liles or even Elliot/Barrie. There is no way all of these guys will be able to play in the coming years. Jones and Yip could be used too.

If there is a guy the Avs like then it would be worth it to move up to 8. Granlund would be awesome. A typical Avs player. No way Campbell falls to 17 now either.

I personally don't mind holding at 17 and taking BPA. I have no doubt we will get a good player. But if they Avs really like somebody then I hope they have the moxy to make a move.
I don't think Liles is enough to move up, and I would be really pissed if we dumped Cumiskey or Elliot to do it. It just isn't worth it for a slightly better prospect. The Avs are at a point that they need both draft picks and players. So, just keep the draft pick and the players.

Old
06-25-2010, 01:02 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Why don't we just get another 1st rounder with Florida's 15th?

Liles or Cumiskey
2nd rounder 2010
4th rounder 2011

Old
06-25-2010, 01:05 PM
StanGetz*

I really don't think there will be much movement from us today. I think JML is really the only player we want to move, and I doubt there would be any takers. We've been trying to move him for two years now, I really don't think someone will take him now.

Since I only know about Fowler, Taylor, Tyler, and Campbell I really don't care who we take this year. Hopefully we do well though.

Old
06-25-2010, 01:09 PM
12Duchene34

i think with 8 and 9 on the block i think we should jump at that and grab either of them and Take Skinner. what it would take? im thinking liles and our pick

Old
06-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

IMO, they should stay at 17 and take the top player available via their rankings. Don't reach for a player just because he might be at a position of need. This isn't the NFL or NBA where you use can the draft to fill immediate holes. They will get a good player at 17.

Moving up sounds nice and all, but unless your going to get one of the top 2-3 players it's not worth the cost, IMO. If you want to package one of the multiple Forwards or PM D-Men for more picks, that's proly fine.

Old
06-25-2010, 01:13 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake17 View Post
i think with 8 and 9 on the block i think we should jump at that and grab either of them and Take Skinner. what it would take? im thinking liles and our pick
Liles isn't going to get us up to 8 or 9.

Closed Thread