HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Making the cut?

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2004, 08:45 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Shootout may not have been born without a soul, but I have it from reliable sources that his soul is currently being kept in an old mayonaise jar on a shelf in Brisebois' basement.

I'm sure it's all part of some benevolent rabbinical plot to "save Shootout's soul", yet I can still see how Shootout might still be rather bitter about the whole thing.

That can be doubly unpleasant if you don't clean all the mayo out. Nothing like a soul turned bad.

Just hoping Lafleur doesn't get the munchies and reach for the wrong jar down there one night...

Old
06-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Gros Bill

That was very insightful. Deep, even. You always hit the nail right on the head, McPhee.

Old
06-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Pepperoni Salad

Is this where our world is heading to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
3) As for $55, its only money, and life is short. $55 for a good time is a deal i would recommend that anyone take. (okay maybe if you read that too fast it sounds a little dirty, but you guys know that i'm not talking about the Hugh Grant style good time).
Is this where our world is heading to?

Seriously, I'd rather spend it at "Les 4 Glaces" and put at least a few pucks in the net. What can I say...I'm rational. Even though I know that you don't get anything without trying, making the cut wouldn't have been worth quiting my job considering my age (30).

This said, I'm glad some people like Brisebois gave it a try. What would be reality tv without people like him?

Old
06-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootOut
You'd have enjoyed Making the Cut as much by simply watching it on TV, and spending that 55$ subscription fee on a few chips bag to accompany it.
Stop breathing, your wasting my precious air!

Old
06-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I'm proud of you man, that took a lot of guts. Glad you enjoyed it.

IN the 60's, there was a team of Catholic priests that toured called The Flying Fathers. Maybe you could put a team of Rabbi's together to play a few games. I'm sure you can come up with a name. Maybe Lafleur would coach.
The Gefilte fish?

To be honest, I don't of many other Rabbi's who play. There is only one that I can think of, but if you hear of some touring Synagogue hockey team, you'll know who will be taking all the credit.

Secret: the answer is not Lafleur.

Old
06-16-2004, 01:26 PM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
As for Breezy I just want to personally tell you don't let people like ShootOut get you down.
I think, my brave knight, that you have some difficulty to read correctly, which is no reason to be ashamed, but is an issue that should be adressed quite rapidly. Breezy asked us for our opinion. I gave him my opinion. If he had admitted that he was unsure about whether or not he had made the good decision, and came here to receive encouragement, I'd have been the first one to reply here and tell him how come such an exciting event constitutes an experience of a lifetime that is far more valuable that the 55$ he has spent, or maybe the second, depending on if posters here type faster than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
Stop breathing, your wasting my precious air!
With some luck, you'll choke in the near future.

Old
06-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
With some luck, you'll choke in the near future.
Hehe thanks.

Old
06-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Pepperoni Salad

My toughts

Quote:
I think, my brave knight, that you have some difficulty to read correctly, which is no reason to be ashamed, but is an issue that should be adressed quite rapidly. Breezy asked us for our opinion. I gave him my opinion. If he had admitted that he was unsure about whether or not he had made the good decision, and came here to receive encouragement, I'd have been the first one to reply here and tell him how come such an exciting event constitutes an experience of a lifetime that is far more valuable that the 55$ he has spent, or maybe the second, depending on if posters here type faster than me.
Funny how some people get offended by honesty isn't it?

Old
06-25-2004, 03:53 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

on hte topic of making the cut i just thought id say that one of my best friends went (Vito Contino-remember his name he could be something special) and made the cut then in the 3-on-3 challenge he scored 3 goals and added an assist in a 5-3 victory...supposedly jaques demers mentioned somehting about him on rds too...he's 5 foot 7 and i think he made some reference to how martin st. louis a nd him have something in common in overcoming their size....blah blah blah..

Closed Thread