HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Welcome #22 pick Jarred Tinordi!

Old
06-25-2010, 09:41 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

vCash: 500
LOL they managed to spell his name 3 different ways in that report.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:42 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
quick, can hit, can make the first pass. I'm wondering why he went so late. And when they say the most physically ready, does that mean he may go pro within a year or two?
Well his league isn't followed as much as the CHL. And it's tough to make huge strides with only 35 games as opposed to 70 games.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Le depisteur

McKeen's
My favorite Team USA defenseman .. a big man with serious defensive mobility .. smooth backwards, maintains a wide base, minimizes crossovers, has good speed backwards, and can smoothly angle opponents to the boards .. Tinordi is basically a pro in this regard ..plays with some physicality and will engage physically in the neutral zone or at the blueline .. if Team USA needs someone to step in for skirmishes or to drop the gloves, Tinordi is there to answer the bell .. it really says something that on a team entirely of 1992's, all the same age, that Tinordi established himself as the captain .. gigantic at 6-foot-5.5 and will be an absolute force when he fills out his 205-pound frame .. smooth pivots that only require one step, always .. has a long skating stride and good speed .. breakout passing is pro caliber .. makes very hard, crisp passes right on the tape .. able to execute some nice saucer passes .. the sheer velocity of Tinordi's passes can be seen when they're tipped (rare) and change direction .. has good patience with the puck and doesn't panic when forechecked .. plays a simple game offensively, but has solid stick skills .. Tinordi would see regular powerplay time on a regular USHL team .. the perfect defensive defenseman to pair with an elite offensive defenseman, because Tinordi has skill to work with skilled players .. nobody in the USNTDP or the USHL appears to be as prepared to step into pro hockey right now as Tinordi .. in some regards, would like to see Tinordi drafted by Washington, because the thought of Tinordi alongside either Mike Green or John Carlson for years would be a dream .. you win Stanley Cups with guys like Tinordi paired with your all-star offensive defenseman ..

Red Line
When his team is in trouble, he's the guy they look to settle down and keep things together. Best character guy and fiercest competitor...

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone View Post
I remember his dad Mark. Tough as nails d-man, played junior in the Western Hockey League. Great bloodlines, I bet Jared was taught how to fight. (Something Komi never learned.) Anyways, captain of the U-17, U-18 and the best US development team ever....lots to like here.
That's what I was thinking too when people made a parallel with Komi. Komi is a big pretty face; this guy seems more like a big bully.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:45 PM
kernkraft

To the people saying we're poor on D and that's why this is a good pick:

He's not touching the Bell Center ice for another 4-5 years.

Never draft for need. You always go for BPA.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab73 View Post
McKeen's draft guide says Tinordia is "the most physically ready of all USA NHL draft eligible prospects."

"Tinordi completes the package with a mean streak and strong mobility. He is smooth moving backwards while not sacrificing speed..

"He has healthy levels of speed while moving forward and laterally while being mindful of his gap control and can angle opponents to the boards and rub them out.

"Tinordis is not a natural puck-rusher, but he can execute first passes with alarming accuracy. He did great job improving his puck skills from the beginning of the year by keeping his head up and showing more patience with it.

"The captain was the first to protect his teammates and did not back down from any physical confrontations this season.

Sounds good....
Having a guy that will and can actually protect his teammates, will be refreshing.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
McKeen's
My favorite Team USA defenseman .. a big man with serious defensive mobility .. smooth backwards, maintains a wide base, minimizes crossovers, has good speed backwards, and can smoothly angle opponents to the boards .. Tinordi is basically a pro in this regard ..plays with some physicality and will engage physically in the neutral zone or at the blueline .. if Team USA needs someone to step in for skirmishes or to drop the gloves, Tinordi is there to answer the bell .. it really says something that on a team entirely of 1992's, all the same age, that Tinordi established himself as the captain .. gigantic at 6-foot-5.5 and will be an absolute force when he fills out his 205-pound frame .. smooth pivots that only require one step, always .. has a long skating stride and good speed .. breakout passing is pro caliber .. makes very hard, crisp passes right on the tape .. able to execute some nice saucer passes .. the sheer velocity of Tinordi's passes can be seen when they're tipped (rare) and change direction .. has good patience with the puck and doesn't panic when forechecked .. plays a simple game offensively, but has solid stick skills .. Tinordi would see regular powerplay time on a regular USHL team .. the perfect defensive defenseman to pair with an elite offensive defenseman, because Tinordi has skill to work with skilled players .. nobody in the USNTDP or the USHL appears to be as prepared to step into pro hockey right now as Tinordi .. in some regards, would like to see Tinordi drafted by Washington, because the thought of Tinordi alongside either Mike Green or John Carlson for years would be a dream .. you win Stanley Cups with guys like Tinordi paired with your all-star offensive defenseman ..

Red Line
When his team is in trouble, he's the guy they look to settle down and keep things together. Best character guy and fiercest competitor...
Damn, I wish the Habs had a guy like that to pair with Tinordi

Old
overlords
Hfboards

Why did tsn have him at 6'3 1/4 when everywhere else has him at 6'5 +

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Tinordi with Subban?

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Pascal

Quote:
in some regards, would like to see Tinordi drafted by Washington, because the thought of Tinordi alongside either Mike Green or John Carlson for years would be a dream .. you win Stanley Cups with guys like Tinordi paired with your all-star offensive defenseman ..
That's hilarious, I was just thinking how PERFECT Tinordi would have been for Washington. Then we picked him and they picked yet another floater.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habfan1968

vCash: 400
The best thing about this pick is the kids' father was a nhler. He will push him to play in London this coming season and skip ND. If things go well with London we may see him in Hamilton for a season before he makes the jump.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Trexim

vCash: 594
Quote:
McKeen's
.. the perfect defensive defenseman to pair with an elite offensive defenseman, because Tinordi has skill to work with skilled players .. nobody in the USNTDP or the USHL appears to be as prepared to step into pro hockey right now as Tinordi .. in some regards, would like to see Tinordi drafted by Washington, because the thought of Tinordi alongside either Mike Green or John Carlson for years would be a dream .. you win Stanley Cups with guys like Tinordi paired with your all-star offensive defenseman ..
The Habs undoubtedly had PK Subban in mind.

Trexim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:49 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
The best thing about this pick is the kids' father was a nhler. He will push him to play in London this coming season and skip ND. If things go well with London we may see him in Hamilton for a season before he makes the jump.
Everything i've heard is saying that he's commited to ND already. Can this change?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:49 PM
chris96

Just as a reference: Bennett was not invited to this years US junior camp while and Tinordi was...Bennett is one full year older http://www.usahockey.com//Template_U...1_06&ID=288572

chris96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
I hate the Notre-Dame system for forwards.....but it will be great to see Tinordi refining his defensive play with them. Though he expects and want to improve his offense from now on....not sure that you'll be able to do it in Notre-Dame....

But nonetheless a good school to go at. I am a "Collège Notre-Dame" graduate so I'll always have some "bound" with the American counterpart....

He'll hit the gym hard as well. Loved the interview on CKAC. Dany Dubé saying that he was impressed by him.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:52 PM

I ****ing love this pick. I love big, tall and strong players (no homo).

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

11 US players drafted in the 1st round, but according to some "experts" on here Timmins should stay away from the us...real bright!

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:53 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

he gets a call up by 2.5 years from today

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Why did tsn have him at 6'3 1/4 when everywhere else has him at 6'5 +

Probably from earlier and didn't update... He's listed 6'6 205lbs in Bob McKenzie's list.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=24944

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

It'd be awesome if he went to the OHL, but alas stuff like that never seem to happen with players we draft out of US development program.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
I don't think he would have been available at 27th. I'm happy with the pick. He wasn't in my top 5, but he was in my HM. He will fill a need so that's good.
We got to stop that....we don't know that but what we know is that for the team picking 23rd, he is not available to them. I had that attitude with Chipchura thinking he would have been around in the second round. The fact is we picked up what I think is the strongest player available and a leader and plays with an edge.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Probably from earlier and didn't update... He's listed 6'6 205lbs in Bob McKenzie's list.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=24944
I think the Combine had him at 6'5.5...so he will probably be 6'6 when all is said and done.

Old
06-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Lafleur77

entourage?!?!?!

Lafleur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Pax Macioretty

Man, a 6'6 hard hitting defensmen who can hit, fight, make a great 1st pass and who was the stand-out leader with a team of players that was all the same age, I'M ECSTATIC!!

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Man, a 6'6 hard hitting defensmen who can hit, fight, make a great 1st pass and who was the stand-out leader with a team of players that was all the same age, I'M ECSTATIC!!
Me too, i like this pick!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote