HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel Paille not qualified

Old
06-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Rammstein816

vCash: 500
Daniel Paille not qualified

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...s/bruins_blog/

Don't know how newsworthy this is (I'll leave that up to the mods to decide). Apparently Boston either doesn't want Paille or doesn't want him at that price. He'll likely be a 4th liner with Boston already adding 2 forwards in Seguin and Horton this offseason so far.

Rammstein816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 01:19 PM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
They are still negotiating with him though, so they do not want to pay him the $1.35M. I don't blame them.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 01:23 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

He played well against the Sabres in the playoffs, but yeah, not worth 1.35.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
They are still negotiating with him though, so they do not want to pay him the $1.35M. I don't blame them.
Agreed. He was useful for them as a 4th liner and PKer. I'd expect them to try getting him signed for 3/5ths of that (around $800K).

06-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Jame
Dream '16

another of Regier's safe, later 1st round picks...now, a 4th liner in his prime...

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 2635
I think this was the main reason the Sabres dealt him. They knew he wasn't worth qualifying at his current salary and didn't want to lose him for nothing. It was the same issue with MacArthur. He would have cost $1.4 million to qualify. Stafford is in the same boat this year. If he doesn't pick up his game the Sabres will decide he's not worth qualifying at $2.3 million and he'll be dealt. Sekera will cost $1.25 million to qualify. I expect him to be packing his bags as well if he doesn't nail down a regular spot.

Buffaloed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

In before someone suggests we try and bring him back.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed View Post
I think this was the main reason the Sabres dealt him. They knew he wasn't worth qualifying at his current salary and didn't want to lose him for nothing. It was the same issue with MacArthur. He would have cost $1.4 million to qualify. Stafford is in the same boat this year. If he doesn't pick up his game the Sabres will decide he's not worth qualifying at $2.3 million and he'll be dealt. Sekera will cost $1.25 million to qualify. I expect him to be packing his bags as well if he doesn't nail down a regular spot.
i disagree on Sekera. 1.25 is not too much to pay for ONE more season of development. Especially for a kid who has literally played both sides on every possible pairing over the last 3 years. He's versatile and can play both sides. He can skate and has strength along the boards. I'd pay 1.25 million even if he was only the 5/6/7 type guy to see one more year of development

but Stafford... if he isn't a goal scorer in the top 6, he's totally useless. He can't play a checking line role, he's not versatile to play multiple positions. Stafford I could see them trading and not paying the QO. But Sekeras QO is reasonable enough that I expect him around for another year after this coming season (baring trade)

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote