HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks select D Adam Polasek - 5th Round, 145th Overall

Old
06-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP View Post
At this point, I think they're just humoring Delorme by keeping him on staff just to do the opposite of what he'd do. Under Burke or Nonis, would they ever take a flyer on a guy who plays in PEI? Quick sidenote, my better half is from PEI, big Habs fan, when I told her we took Polasek, she said: 'well, I can care a little bit about the Canucks now.' Baby steps, folks, baby steps.

Gillis: "So Ron, who do you think we should take at #145?"
Delorme: "There's this kid playing for the Aldergrove Grizzlies of the PIJHL, one of the best practice--"
MG: "Canucks select Adam Polasek, PEI Rocket."
RD: "****"
I laughed pretty hard at that. Also got a chuckle out of the article talking about how Delorme was "ashen faced" when he realized the Canucks had no picks through the first three rounds.

Polasek is definitely intriguing. A little bit older, to be sure, but we're all pretty happy with how Kevin Connauton has progressed, and he was virtually the same situation. Passed over in '08, but had a very strong year in the NCAA and then came over to play in the Dub. Polasek's already in junior, so bonus. I'm curious to see how he does at camp this year.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:07 PM
wingmanpei

IMO, one thing that Polasek has to work on is his defensive play, particularly in his own end and 1-on-1. I have seen him get beat pretty badly when he is going 1-on-1 against opposing players. Someone mentioned earlier about his penalty minutes and I found alot of them was from hooking or holding after an opposing player got around him.

Offensively I found he was alright and I thought it improved as the season wore on and as he got more used to the N-A game and I think he has a good, "smart" shot from the point.

One problem with PEI is their assistant coach handles the defensemen and I find that he isn't a good one in what he teaches them and the way he handles them, something that even NHL scouts have noticed about him during games. Just my opinion but if there is a part of his game that is going to hold Polasek back from the NHL it will be his defensive game and needs someone to work with him on it, especially at this level to get him ready for the pro game.

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:29 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post
IMO, one thing that Polasek has to work on is his defensive play, particularly in his own end and 1-on-1. I have seen him get beat pretty badly when he is going 1-on-1 against opposing players. Someone mentioned earlier about his penalty minutes and I found alot of them was from hooking or holding after an opposing player got around him.

Offensively I found he was alright and I thought it improved as the season wore on and as he got more used to the N-A game and I think he has a good, "smart" shot from the point.

One problem with PEI is their assistant coach handles the defensemen and I find that he isn't a good one in what he teaches them and the way he handles them, something that even NHL scouts have noticed about him during games. Just my opinion but if there is a part of his game that is going to hold Polasek back from the NHL it will be his defensive game and needs someone to work with him on it, especially at this level to get him ready for the pro game.
I really appreciate it when posters who have actually seen these kids play come in to give their 2 cents. I hope to see you posting updates in our prospect thread this season!

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:04 PM
wingmanpei

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
I really appreciate it when posters who have actually seen these kids play come in to give their 2 cents. I hope to see you posting updates in our prospect thread this season!
Can't make any promises but will do if I think of it. Being a Devils' fan I don't venture onto your guys' board very often but if I do I will give my 2 cents again!

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:26 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post
Can't make any promises but will do if I think of it. Being a Devils' fan I don't venture onto your guys' board very often but if I do I will give my 2 cents again!
Please do try, we'd really really love first hand accounts on our players. If there are any Devils prospects playing in Victoria BC I'll keep my eye out

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote