Notices

David Warsofsky

Old
07-01-2010, 12:17 PM
mojorisin24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
Thanks for this thread Colt, I do hope it stays on topic and I hope a lot of people post positive thoughts on this kid.

My only worry is how is this kid going to move anyone in front of the net...the thought of him trying to handle a Hartnell is scary.

But thanks again.
So true.

I remember I was hanging out at a buddy of mine's house last year, and there were a couple of former NCAA hockey players there who are still really into the game and know a lot about collegiate hockey. We were watching a BU game and they were raving about Warsofsky, but as soon as I brought up his game translating to the pros one of them said, "He needs more time in college for seasoning and weight-gain. In all seriousness, what the hell is he gonna do in the corners right now against someone like Joe Thornton?" I remembered chuckling when I heard that, but it's true.

Anyway, I'm happy Boston acquired him, but that was the first thing I thought of when I heard about the trade.

mojorisin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:10 PM
RoughEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ACC Report View Post
I've seen Warsovsky play many times. Let's put it this way: As a BC fan, I absolutely despise him, and that's a huge compliment. At this point, the well is so dry at BU that there are only a few that I personally even bother thinking about.
lol
Wilson, Gilroy, Yip, McCarthy, and Bonino all made their NHL debut less than one year removed from the 2009 National Championship. Shattenkirk, Strait, and Cohen could well make their own debuts this coming season. Coyle, Nieto, Clendening et al is generally considered a top recruiting class as well. But hey, collar up and carry on! Congrats on your NC.

As a BU alumnus and season ticket holder, I've seen Warsofsky play nearly every game in his time at BU. To echo many of the excellent points already made, he is a dazzling skater and excellent with the stick. As evidenced by his history, he is a leader with a smart bearing on and off the ice. I've always thought he had a very hard and accurate shot, so I'm surprised to hear opinions to the contrary.

I'm not positive (overall a season to forget), but I think an early game at Lowell had Warsofsky on the wing. He scored shorthanded and later EV. #1 star of the game as well.

Defensively, not great but not inept. Obviously he can move the puck out of the zone. He's willing to use his body and his quickness compensates for lack of size, but there are times when he just gets pushed aside. I think his positioning needs work as well. An example some here might be aware of is the first Canada/USA WJC game when Warsofsky botched a play at the blueline and Pietrangelo? went right by him and scored. He wasn't able to physically hold Pietrangelo up and his positioning left a clear lane to the net. Sadly, this wasn't the only time something like this happened. So he needs some muscle and some more work, but he's aware of all this.

As a Bruins fan, I like the move. With some more work and the right pairing, Warsofsky could be an electric player for the Bruins, possibly a difference-maker. I think it's worth the risk and Sobotka wasn't going to be a player to make a difference for the Bs.

RoughEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs

What is his future with him?

Do you see him making an impact anytime soon?

Dougie Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 12:10 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin and Colborne View Post
What is his future with him?

Do you see him making an impact anytime soon?
Id like to learn more about him as well. Admittedly, I havent seen him much.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs

Ya hopefully i can watch some of BU's games this year knowing that he is one of our prospects but i dont know much more

Old
07-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs

I did hear he is very excited to play fir his hometown team...he is from Marshfield

Old
07-23-2010, 12:18 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin and Colborne View Post
I did hear he is very excited to play fir his hometown team...he is from Marshfield
well I did know that lol. Marshfield was in my H.S. league so we prob played againt him lol.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote