HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potential Lines: After Draft Edition

Old
07-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

vCash: 500
Quote:
I'm sure they may role Ruutu there if he's ready, but if not I think Cole is a strong bet to take the cake there. Atleast to start. If he goes 15 games with 0-2 goals and his production isn't on par i'm sure things will likely change. Who knows, he may produce. Jussi can pass and play the 'Stillman role' of 2005-2006, Staal will be Staal (hopefully showing up in October and not waiting until January/February).
So you're hoping Staal won't be Staal then?

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoochNorris View Post
Did you happen to read the comments section of that article? This one dude is just going ballistic about how terrible Cam Ward is, and the Hurricanes by association. It's pretty hilarious, especially because his closing argument is "Tripp Tracy wears women's underwear".
The level of intelligence on the PD comments make this board look like the hall of fame. Even the Canes fans on there were claiming the team has never come in last in the conference.

I did rather enjoy the Tripp comment however.

Joe McGrath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
So you're hoping Staal won't be Staal then?
Touché.

Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

I'm thinking our line-up will look like this.

If O'Sullivan plays wing

Jokinen - Staal - Ruutu
O'Sullivan - Sutter - Cole
Tlusty - Boychuk - LaRose
Samsonov - Dwyer - Kostopoulos

Pitkanen - Babchuk
Gleason - Corvo
McBain - Carson
Harrison

Ward
Peters

If O'Sullivan plays Center

Jokinen - Staal - Ruutu
Boychuk/Tlusty - Sutter - Cole
Tlusty/Boychuk - O'Sullivan - LaRose
Samsonov - Dwyer - Kostopoulos

Pitkanen - Babchuk
Gleason - Corvo
McBain - Carson
Harrison

Ward
Peters

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
To start the season, I see this -

Jokinen - Staal - O'Sullivan
Boychuk - Sutter - Ruutu
Samsonov - Dalpe/Skinner - Cole
Kostopoulos - Dodge/Dwyer - LaRose
Tlusty

- JR says O'Sullivan will have to earn his spot in camp, which I think will happen. I just hope we give him an opportunity off the get-go here (scoring line with PP time) and use him correctly, as some are mentioning here.

- I'd really like to pair Boychuk & Sutter together. Both know eachother well and I think their respective games would compliment one-another. I think there is a good chance we'd see Boychuk break out if paired with Sutter.

- We've all heard how well Samsonov & Cole have looked thus far. Two veterans at a cross-roads in their respective careers in contract years - make it or break it. If these two can stay healthy and bring their A-game, they could be studs on the 3rd line.

- The ever-so-popular 3rd line center spot in my opinion will go to one of Dalpe or Skinner. We'll see how training camp and the pre-season plays out, that will tell the tale. With Skinner it seems JR has his locker all ready for him. I have no doubts Skinner gets games within his 9 game limit. If he impresses, he's here for the long haul, if not, it's Kitchener bound and we'll see him next year. Dalpe stands a great chance at making this team, again, same boat as Skinner - training camp and pre-season will tell the story here.

- As of right now i'd say Kostopoulos & LaRose are staples on the 4th line to start. Who will the 4th line center be? In my mind it's either Dwyer or Dodge with Dwyer having the edge based on his time here in Carolina. I really hope Dodge gets some serious consideration this go around. With that said, I hope he earns it and forces the organizations hand.

- Tlusty is on a one-way and looks to be here. What he does in training camp and pre-season will determine whether he's in the starting line-up or in the press box. He'll have to outplay some guys to get a spot in my opinion.

- I think Bowman begins the season in Charlotte.

Last edited by Guerzy: 09-17-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 03:31 PM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

Somewhere in Canes site i read in the end of the last season there's big chance to see line Tlusty- Sutter- Cole. Would love to see that. I like the idea to see Boychuk with Staal but it's too early maybe. So, give me O' Sullivan- Staal- Jokinen. Do not want, i repeat, do not want Ruutu or Cole with Staal. But we know our team, so lines would like Samsonov- Staal- Larose, Jokinen- Sutter- Cole, Tlusty- Dwyer- Ruutu, Boychuk- Matsumoto- O' Sullivan.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:51 PM
ChuckW
We'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
Somewhere in Canes site i read in the end of the last season there's big chance to see line Tlusty- Sutter- Cole.
I've always been in favor of pairing Sutter with Cole. It makes sense to me.

ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 07:13 PM
QuitStaaling

Send a message via AIM to QuitStaaling
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
I've always been in favor of pairing Sutter with Cole. It makes sense to me.
Sutter with a polished turd will score points but I don't like this. Sutter is stud-tastic and needs Skinz to the left and Roots to the right.

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see his added muscle in HD!

QuitStaaling is offline   Reply With Quote