HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs interested in Ribeiro

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2010, 03:27 AM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 500
You guys are pushing "lack of integrity for the game" get in the way of improving your team? That's awful. If the asking price is Kaberle, you do that deal straight away. He's a PPG player with a soccer attitude, and you guys will LOVE him once he gets near a PPG for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripe4theSnipe View Post
I dispise diving and unsportsmanlike play, but doesn't it always seem like this team is on the receiving end of it?

When Ribeiro scores 70+ points and draws penalties, everyone on the TML boards is gonna fall in love with him and we know that, no need to try and act ethical, because as is natural in society, if it benefits us, then we don't care.

This man here has got it aswell.

Old
06-27-2010, 06:13 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post

Never done anything like that since coming to Dallas eh? Keep him. I don't want that loser.

Didn't think Id ACTUALLY need to pull out this video.
I'd never actually seen that video... honestly, he may be a damn good hockey player, but he's playing the wrong sport. He should be playing soccer where diving is acceptable and often results in a penalty for the other team.

Old
06-27-2010, 06:15 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer84Instinct View Post
This seems more legit than Savard to Leafs for garbage that was happening on tweeter a little while ago.

http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun

How is this more legit? Can you really see Burke going out an acquiring Ribeiro? I don't think Burke has any interest in this guy.

Old
06-27-2010, 06:18 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quysauce View Post
You guys are pushing "lack of integrity for the game" get in the way of improving your team? That's awful. If the asking price is Kaberle, you do that deal straight away. He's a PPG player with a soccer attitude, and you guys will LOVE him once he gets near a PPG for you guys.

This man here has got it aswell.
I'll keep Kaberle and just wait to sign Brad Richards next offseason and watch him score a PPG without the antics.

If we are going to LOVE Ribeiro so much, you keep him in Dallas.

Old
06-27-2010, 06:59 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer84Instinct View Post
no it was Savard plus Toronto 2011 pick for Finger and Grabovski
ya no you DI NOT see Leburn, dreges or anybody els legit post that on twitter

Old
06-27-2010, 07:15 AM
grabo84

I'd like to see them get Ribeiro, but I don't think Burke will deal Kaberle for him. Nieuwy looks to be making that team younger anyways.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:18 AM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarAwesome View Post
Care to elaborate why? I honestly cannot think of one reason why I would rather Ribeiro.
I'd take Savard is a second, that being said here are 2 reasons.

1. Riberio doesn't have a banged up mellon.
2. He's younger.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Ritzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
what about:

To Toronto: Ribeiro
To Dallas: Kaberle and a conditional 2nd if he doesn't resign
I'd rather Kabs and Stalberg for Ribeiro and James Neal's rights.
Without Neal's rights, I'm not taking Ribeiro's contract.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Pulp Fiction
RIP Wade Belak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
Done from the Stars POV.
I don't think so from the Leafs point of view, but I think it's a good starter. There's the top 6 forward we need.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzie View Post
I'd rather Kabs and Stalberg for Ribeiro and James Neal's rights.
Without Neal's rights, I'm not taking Ribeiro's contract.
Yes, because that makes a lot of sense for Dallas.

Trading a 1A-1B centerman w/ 3 years left on contract and young PF for 1 year of whatshisface and Stalberg (Another LW we don't need.)

Old
06-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzie11 View Post
I don't think so from the Leafs point of view, but I think it's a good starter. There's the top 6 forward we need.
You can find that top 6 forward somewhere else because we don't have one that's available. I hear Boston's Michael Ryder is available.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Pulp Fiction
RIP Wade Belak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
You can find that top 6 forward somewhere else because we don't have one that's available. I hear Boston's Michael Ryder is available.
Who says Ribeiro isn't available? I keep hearing Ribeiro rumors, and I believe that he might get traded.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:42 AM
grabo84

Quote:
...and Mike Ribeiro, ladies and gentlemen. Seriously though, it's a legit rumour. There may be nothing to it, but that remains to be seen.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzie11 View Post
Who says Ribeiro isn't available? I keep hearing Ribeiro rumors, and I believe that he might get traded.
Whoops... I read you're sentence wrong, my bad. I thought you wrote top 6 winger. Geez... (Brainfart.)

What would you add to make the deal better?

Old
06-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Pascal

Ribeiro
Komi
Phaneuf
Kessel
Grabovski

nice..

Old
06-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Ribeiro is underrated and would be a good fit in Toronto, but I doubt he gets traded to the Leafs as he is the opposite of truculent.

Old
06-27-2010, 09:44 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoDynasty View Post
Ribeiro is underrated and would be a good fit in Toronto, but I doubt he gets traded to the Leafs as he is the opposite of truculent.
Kessel isn't truculent. Burkie wants truculence in bottom-6 and only as a bonus in top 6.

Last edited by JMcLeaf: 06-27-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old
06-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Ritzie

Quote:
Yes, because that makes a lot of sense for Dallas.

Trading a 1A-1B centerman w/ 3 years left on contract and young PF for 1 year of whatshisface and Stalberg (Another LW we don't need.)
Never said it would happen, but why is Ribeiro available? Maybe his contract? If so, I would want to gain additional assets to help a team dump salary. Add another to piece to gain a bigger piece. That"s my opinion. I'd have no interest in acquiring Ribeiro on his own. Now go untangle your panties.

The speculation about Hicks and money problems/sale of team and Joe's connection in bringing players like Stalberg to the leafs makes this type of move reasonably foreseeable. I know Neal is a young stud and unlikely to be pried from the Stars.

Old
06-27-2010, 09:58 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

He's as good as Richards at even strength, according to the stats. Stolen from somewhere on the Stars board...points per 60.

I'd like to see him as #2 center for Dallas if no one wants to give decent value in return.

Old
06-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Never said it would happen, but why is Ribeiro available? Maybe his contract? If so, I would want to gain additional assets to help a team dump salary. Add another to piece to gain a bigger piece. That"s my opinion. I'd have no interest in acquiring Ribeiro on his own. Now go untangle your panties.

The speculation about Hicks and money problems/sale of team and Joe's connection in bringing players like Stalberg to the leafs makes this type of move reasonably foreseeable. I know Neal is a young stud and unlikely to be pried from the Stars.
He's not a salary dump in the sense of being overpaid. He may be a salary dump in the sense that the Stars have an internal budget (45 mil) and we could use the cash for a number one Dman.

5 million is fair for Ribeiro, and no Stars fan has any issue with his cap hit for what he gives you. IMO he would not be on the block if not for the internal 'ownership issues', because the performance legitimizes his value.

Old
06-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:

You think Ribeiro is considered salary dump?

Ribeiro is forced to be traded in order to balance the salary between the forward corps and defense. The Dallas Stars have too much money tied up in the forward position and are on an internal budget. The Stars management don't want to trade Ribs because that's a lot of offense lost, but they have to upgrade the defense and the only way to do that while staying within the internal budget is to trade Ribiero for a D-Man with a similar contract.

That was when Joe worked for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Neiuwy recruited a bunch of free agents, to add some depth at a particular position. In Dallas, it's a different scenario. Do you really think Dallas needs another LW when they've already got Neal, Morrow, Ott, and Benn filling those spots?

Then, why did you even bother adding him in your proposal?

Last edited by Ogi1Kenobi: 06-27-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old
06-27-2010, 10:11 AM
grabo84

Just to cap off the stupidity, Stalberg was drafted, not recruited. You guys are thinking of Bozak.

Old
06-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoDynasty View Post
He's not going to run guys thru the boards, but believe me if he's on your team (aka you watch him regularly and quite closely because he is a skilled guy) you will be pleasantly surprised at the timing of his hits.

When he and a player go into the corner with the intention of 'bumping', he generally gets the best of it. He's very solid on his skates for his slight build. Once in a while he absolutely catches someone.

Old
06-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Just to cap off the stupidity, Stalberg was drafted, not recruited. You guys are thinking of Bozak.
I know Bozak was recruited, but that other Leafs fan (Ritzie) said Neiuwy recruited Stalberg too. I don't follow the Leafs prospects so how would I know.

Old
06-27-2010, 10:25 AM
grabo84

Quote:
I know Bozak was recruited, but that other Leafs fan (Ritzie) said Neiuwy recruited Stalberg too. I don't follow the Leafs prospects so how would I know.
My post was aimed at the other guy more so than you, for exactly the reasons you pointed out.

Closed Thread