HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs interested in Ribeiro

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2010, 12:03 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 500
If Ribeiro becomes a Leaf, the Leafs could potentially pass the Penguins on my hate scale.

Old
06-27-2010, 12:09 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
If Ribeiro becomes a Leaf, the Leafs could potentially pass the Penguins on my hate scale.
Something to look forward to.

Old
06-27-2010, 12:13 PM
BozakKadriKessel

I don't really think this rumor is true... Riberio has talent no doubt but he isn't the kind of guy Burkie would bring in... He isn't a big center he's not AMERICAN and maybe he has locker room issues.. I mean why were Montreal shopping him hard the same as Dallas.. There must be something with this guy.. But in all he won't end up in Toronto not today or tomorrow or ever.

Old
06-27-2010, 12:19 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 20645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
He's not going to run guys thru the boards, but believe me if he's on your team (aka you watch him regularly and quite closely because he is a skilled guy) you will be pleasantly surprised at the timing of his hits.

When he and a player go into the corner with the intention of 'bumping', he generally gets the best of it. He's very solid on his skates for his slight build. Once in a while he absolutely catches someone.
Exactly.

I was thinking about this and I came to the realization that Ribeiro might be the most physical top-6 center in Dallas Stars history. I mean, who challenges him? Not Modano/Nieuwendyk/Turgeon/Richards. Arnott was a giant marshmallow. Broten, not at that point of his career... maybe Dave Gagner?

And as for Ribeiro not being a "Burke player".... I think that's much ado about nothing. Unlike most fans on HF, Burke actually spent a ton of time with the Ducks watching first-hand what Ribeiro can do.

Old
06-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by BozakKadriKessel View Post
I don't really think this rumor is true... Riberio has talent no doubt but he isn't the kind of guy Burkie would bring in... He isn't a big center he's not AMERICAN and maybe he has locker room issues.. I mean why were Montreal shopping him hard the same as Dallas.. There must be something with this guy.. But in all he won't end up in Toronto not today or tomorrow or ever.
Montreal traded him (in an incredibly lop-sided deal) because they panicked over his supposed "off-ice issues".

Dallas's reason to trade him (and I'm still not sure there is one), would be purely for cap reasons. Ribeiro has been great in Dallas, and I hope he sticks around.

That being said, he'd be a GREAT fit in Toronto, easily the best center on their team and most skilled set-up man for Kessel. But I still wouldn't want Kaberle for him, unless he was signed to an extension beforehand.

06-27-2010, 12:25 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Kaberle for Ribeiro and Dallas's First in 2011

Old
06-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Montreal traded him (in an incredibly lop-sided deal) because they panicked over his supposed "off-ice issues".
After 6 years within the organization, I wouldnt call it "a panic".

And yes, Ribeiro in a Leafs jersey would be helluva funny.

Old
06-27-2010, 12:29 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 20645
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
Kaberle for Ribeiro and Dallas's First in 2011
Of course not.

Old
06-27-2010, 12:34 PM
BeaverSports

I don' think the cap is the only reason that Dallas is trying to move Ribeiro, but yes, their internal budget is a factor in any decision and the reality is that they can only have so many blue chip forwards without moving something to address their holes on the back end.

That said, I think maybe Ribeiro's style isn't as compatable with what Crawford wants to play as other guys the Stars have in the picture. Personally, though, I've never thought he was very defensively sound.

Old
06-27-2010, 02:48 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post

Didn't think Id ACTUALLY need to pull out this video.
Yeah, and Osgood faked a penalty too. What's your point?

Old
06-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfour416 View Post
Please no.
Probably overused but funny nonetheless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
Quote:

Never done anything like that since coming to Dallas eh? Keep him. I don't want that loser.

Didn't think Id ACTUALLY need to pull out this video.
By no means do I want to see the Leafs get better, so we'll keep him.

If you don't like to read, just skip straight to the video. This was his first night after coming back from his throat injury and missing over a month. Not named first star either?? Anyway, anyone heard of Marc Savard? The guy was a farrrr bigger ****** in Calgary and he's turned it around admirably. Ribs not to the same extent, but he's certainly a much improved character than he was in Montreal.

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=517348

Old
06-27-2010, 08:41 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Yeah, and Osgood faked a penalty too. What's your point?
I don't care what the **** Osgood did. Doesnt give Ribeiro the right to dive too. Two idiots don't make a genius. He doesnt deserve to lace up the skates in this league.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:43 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
By no means do I want to see the Leafs get better, so we'll keep him.

If you don't like to read, just skip straight to the video. This was his first night after coming back from his throat injury and missing over a month. Not named first star either?? Anyway, anyone heard of Marc Savard? The guy was a farrrr bigger ****** in Calgary and he's turned it around admirably. Ribs not to the same extent, but he's certainly a much improved character than he was in Montreal.

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=517348
Awwwww....he hurt his throat? Does he need his sippy cup? Tell the guy to suck it the **** up and play like a man.

Show me the clips of Marc Savard diving please. I guarantee you they are NOWHERE near as bad as Mike Ribeiro dives. He rarely gets topped in the diving catagory. A routine candidate for a 10. ****ing rediculous hockey player. Keep him. Have fun losing with him.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:49 PM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Awwwww....he hurt his throat? Does he need his sippy cup? Tell the guy to suck it the **** up and play like a man.

Show me the clips of Marc Savard diving please. I guarantee you they are NOWHERE near as bad as Mike Ribeiro dives. He rarely gets topped in the diving catagory. A routine candidate for a 10. ****ing rediculous hockey player. Keep him. Have fun losing with him.
the guy had a friggin emergency tracheotomy. you suck it up next time you're about to die without a hole cut in your throat.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:52 PM
starsfan4ever

Quote:

Go away.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:53 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by eartotheground View Post
the guy had a friggin emergency tracheotomy. you suck it up next time you're about to die without a hole cut in your throat.
i read throat injury, not tracheotomy, thats a bit different. He doesnt have to suck it up then, but it STILL doesnt give him an excuse for being a diver.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:54 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan4ever View Post
Go away.
Why? Because I'm a Leaf fan who doesnt want Mike Ribeiro on my team? No, I wont. Thanks. Hes a diver. Thats all he is, and theres nothing you can do to argue against video evidence.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:

Yeah ok because an injury you need surgery for is something you can just suck up right? I'd like to see you have a tracheotomy and get back to playing right away. Oh wait you wouldn't. You'd probably take twice the time it took Ribeiro to come back from the injury.

The hate for Ribeiro is ridiculous.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:

Have fun losing another lottery pick.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:56 PM
smitty10

Hell no to Ribeiro!!!

I don't want that guy anywhere near this team!

Old
06-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Leafssss

Would love Ribeiro on the leafs, he could even entertain the kids at half-time

Old
06-27-2010, 08:58 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errettung View Post
Yeah ok because an injury you need surgery for is something you can just suck up right? I'd like to see you have a tracheotomy and get back to playing right away. Oh wait you wouldn't. You'd probably take twice the time it took Ribeiro to come back from the injury.

The hate for Ribeiro is ridiculous.
I admitted I made a mistake about 3 posts up. I made a MISTAKE. I APOLOGIZE. I didnt know he had a tracheotomy. HOWEVER, that doesnt give him an excuse for being a diver.

Old
06-27-2010, 08:59 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
Have fun losing another lottery pick.
I'd rather do that to be honest than have Ribeiro on my team. I hate him that much.

Old
06-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Hull Fan
Duck Hunting

Quote:
I'd rather do that to be honest than have Ribeiro on my team. I hate him that much.
Then you don't love your team enough. That's pathetic that you'd rather lose and ***** and moan about it, watching a hated rival in your division gain a franchise player and maybe two at your team's expense.

Old
06-27-2010, 09:15 PM
starsfan4ever

Quote:
Why? Because I'm a Leaf fan who doesnt want Mike Ribeiro on my team? No, I wont. Thanks. Hes a diver. Thats all he is, and theres nothing you can do to argue against video evidence.
Ask Ribeiro to meet you on the street if you care about it that much. It's silly to see personal feelings dilute the body of work Ribeiro has accomplished in his Stars career.

Closed Thread