HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs interested in Ribeiro

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2010, 09:17 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Then you don't love your team enough. That's pathetic that you'd rather lose and ***** and moan about it, watching a hated rival in your division gain a franchise player and maybe two at your team's expense.
Who said I'd be *****ing and moaning about it. Id be unhappy, but I wouldnt be *****ing and moaning. I dont want Ribeiro, he is NOT someone you get to be a top line center, and frankly Id rather watch Kadri/Bozak develop instead of getting him. I love my team enough to want them to play with some integrity towards the game. Thanks anyways though.

Old
06-27-2010, 09:19 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan4ever View Post
Ask Ribeiro to meet you on the street if you care about it that much. It's silly to see personal feelings dilute the body of work Ribeiro has accomplished in his Stars career.
Not getting into it with you. Hes a good player, done some good things in Dallas, but hes a diver and plays without integrity. Do not want. That is all. Good day sir.

Old
06-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
I think it's amazing how Ribeiro seems to have divided Leafs fans.

Seems like half of them realize he'd easily be the best center on the team and a godsend for Kessel, who seems to think he can score 40 this year. Ribeiro would most definitely help him do that, at least more than a year alongside Tyler Bozak would.

The other half, however, appear convinced that Ribeiro is of no use to the team, choosing instead to believe he dives all the time, every game, and offers nothing to their roster.

Personally, I hope he stays right where he is in Dallas.

06-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechniak View Post
I agree i think Savard is unrealistic we would need to add alot to gain him and Boston wouldn't do it because it would give us a betetr chance of not coming 29th.

I like Riberio i think it should be Kaberle, he was Nieuwendyk's teamate and while he was in management he was high on Grabovski too
I am utterly confused reading your post and looking at your avatar.

Old
06-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
I think it's amazing how Ribeiro seems to have divided Leafs fans.

Seems like half of them realize he'd easily be the best center on the team and a godsend for Kessel, who seems to think he can score 40 this year. Ribeiro would most definitely help him do that, at least more than a year alongside Tyler Bozak would.

The other half, however, appear convinced that Ribeiro is of no use to the team, choosing instead to believe he dives all the time, every game, and offers nothing to their roster.

Personally, I hope he stays right where he is in Dallas.
as a hab fan, i admit there is no denying Mikey ribs with Phil the thrill would be lethal

Old
06-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Of course not.
Take out the 1st and its fair I believe. Its the "Ribeiro dives" kind of thing that blinds people from the fact that he's one talented son of a *****.

edit: But with another thing, what if we DO get Savard and Burke pulls off a Kabs for Ribs deal...then what do we do? O_o

Last edited by Flowzak: 06-27-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old
06-28-2010, 02:24 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Who could respect him for the antics he pulled with the Habs at times? He was in his early/mid 20s, and has always been a player that plays a confident, bordering on arrogant style of play(see some of the highlight reel shootout goals he scores to see what I mean). Big deal, he's no where near the same level of maturity he once was at.

A prime example of a player who had similar 'popularity' problems at a similar age was Marc Savard. Any fan who has had a decent following of the game in the past decade would realize it wasn't rainbows and butterflies for Savard in his early 20s with the overflowing arrogance playing in a Canadian city. He moved on, changed his attitude and his game and earned most fans' respect back en route to becoming a top line centerman in the NHL. Ribeiro has done virtually the same thing in his time with the Stars, but gets no recognition for it because he plays in a less traditional US hockey market and he doesn't play for Don Cherry's 2nd favorite team (we all know who that fav is).

Anyone notice that when a player does anything slightly questionable to Savard, Cherry forgets basic pronunciation? Ask Daniel CONCELLO how it felt these past playoffs. It's ridiculous that in certain parts of the hockey world, no one can think for themselves, but would rather have Don make up their mind for them. He's entertaining, but biased and brash as the next Saturday night fan. If we can all learn to forgive and forget the Bertuzzi and McSorley incidents in due time, is it impossible to forgive Ribeiro, who inflicted no injury on anyone or anything other than himself? Every team has questionable players who have done questionable things.

Old
06-28-2010, 02:38 AM
Nyax

Ribeiro is a tool. I want nothing to do with him.

Old
06-28-2010, 02:40 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
Awwwww....he hurt his throat? Does he need his sippy cup? Tell the guy to suck it the **** up and play like a man.

Show me the clips of Marc Savard diving please. I guarantee you they are NOWHERE near as bad as Mike Ribeiro dives. He rarely gets topped in the diving catagory. A routine candidate for a 10. ****ing rediculous hockey player. Keep him. Have fun losing with him.
Does biting count? I know we can all dig out a clip (Atlanta) or an accusation (Carcillo).

Quote:
Not getting into it with you. Hes a good player, done some good things in Dallas, but hes a diver and plays without integrity. Do not want. That is all. Good day sir.
Not worth getting into it with you; that's a pretty 'loose' reason to harbor so much resentment toward a player, whose since become a quality 1/2 centerman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLeafs View Post

edit: But with another thing, what if we DO get Savard and Burke pulls off a Kabs for Ribs deal...then what do we do? O_o
So you get a biter and a diver, who happen to be great playmakers and ultimately become a better team. Then Bozak goes to where he or most other overhyped prospect centermen belong, on the third line.

Last edited by Karitimes: 06-28-2010 at 02:47 AM.
Old
06-28-2010, 02:40 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer84Instinct View Post
no it was Savard plus Toronto 2011 pick for Finger and Grabovski

Was this a serious proposal?

Old
06-28-2010, 02:46 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax View Post
That's fine, but I thought it was good for TML fans to understand you're not getting any better of 'guy' and a slightly upgraded, yet older playmaker on a longer contract in Savard.

Old
06-28-2010, 03:24 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer84Instinct View Post
no it was Savard plus Toronto 2011 pick for Finger and Grabovski
keep dreaming. Toronto 2011 1st is going to be a nice pick

Old
06-28-2010, 06:14 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
Does biting count? I know we can all dig out a clip (Atlanta) or an accusation (Carcillo).

Not worth getting into it with you; that's a pretty 'loose' reason to harbor so much resentment toward a player, whose since become a quality 1/2 centerman.

So you get a biter and a diver, who happen to be great playmakers and ultimately become a better team. Then Bozak goes to where he or most other overhyped prospect centermen belong, on the third line.
If I rammed my finger into your mouth and tried to tongue gouge you, what would you do? Id expect you to ****ing bite it. Dont stick your finger in the guys mouth if you dont want to be bit. And dont whine and cry about it after.

Ribeiro may be a good playmaker, but if he's your top line center imo, your team won't win a damn thing.

Ill take the biter over the diver. Usually you bite someone because he did something to you. Ribeiro diving is acting like your having a heart attack when no one was anywhere near you.

(Not saying theres anything right about biting, but keep your finger outta the guys mouth if you don't want it to happen to you.)

Last edited by tp71: 06-28-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old
06-28-2010, 06:15 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
That's fine, but I thought it was good for TML fans to understand you're not getting any better of 'guy' and a slightly upgraded, yet older playmaker on a longer contract in Savard.
Savard has a better contract imo regardless if its longer. Better cap hit and better than Ribeiro to boot.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:08 AM
WhatASaveDave

Savard would be cheaper

Old
06-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax View Post
So his .95 PPG over the last 3 seasons is something a team would not want...Let me guess your are another one of those people who know matter what cant forget his dive half a decade ago...

Old
06-28-2010, 10:06 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
So his .95 PPG over the last 3 seasons is something a team would not want...Let me guess your are another one of those people who know matter what cant forget his dive half a decade ago...
Gonna need a couple of your usernames from your location to consider taking him on the Leafs.

Old
06-28-2010, 10:15 AM
LordHelmet

Quote:
Why? Because I'm a Leaf fan who doesnt want Mike Ribeiro on my team? No, I wont. Thanks. Hes a diver. Thats all he is, and theres nothing you can do to argue against video evidence.
If the guy is such a renowned diver, and if there's so much video evidence, then you should easily be able to find more than two incidents over the last 6 years.

Go ahead. We're waiting.

Old
06-28-2010, 10:17 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Savard to the Leafs for Kaberle is "Garbage"?
Of course it is...it came from a completely unreliable source that totally wasn't the exact same source used in this thread.

Old
06-28-2010, 10:18 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by oils4hallseyesonly View Post
keep dreaming. Toronto 2011 1st is going to be a nice pick
by nice do you mean nice in the sense that any additional first round pick is nice or do you mean nice as in a top 10 pick is nice or do you mean as in it will be a lottery pick again?

imho the chances of that pick being bottom 5 are slim. if the leafs change nothing we still have better goaltending, the upgrade of komi over finger, phaneuf for a full season, kessel for a full season, bozak for a full season, potentially kadri.

while the leafs finished in 29th place last season, the difference between being a lottery team and not a lottery team was only a few wins. giggy/monster had about 16 overtime loses. had they managed to win half it would have been the difference.

my point is the leafs have a ways to go until they are competitive but where they finished last season was based on everything that can go wrong going wrong. the chances of that happening 2 years in a row is slim to none.

Old
06-28-2010, 10:20 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndBoards View Post
If the guy is such a renowned diver, and if there's so much video evidence, then you should easily be able to find more than two incidents over the last 6 years.

Go ahead. We're waiting.
Yea I know, keep waiting. He isnt as big as a diver as I make it seem. However, as I watched him rolling around on the ice as if he had a heart attack, I was seriously concerned for his life at that moment. The moment he got up and laughed in the other teams faces, there was just no way at that point I could ever forgive him for that act. Sorry. I can't. You DONT play the game of hockey that way. Ever. I won't forgive him for it. Regardless if he becomes a Leaf or not. And to me, its the quality of the dive. I have never seen a dive as bad as the one when he was a hab. Nothing has ever topped that for me. Ive seen bad ones, but I've never seen someone look like they we're in serious jeopardy like that. Unless he saves someones life or something from an on ice accident, it will be hard for me to move past that incident in my lifetime. Sorry.

Old
06-28-2010, 10:27 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
Savard would be cheaper
Not really. Savard has 7 years left on his contract. Ribeiro has 3.

Old
06-28-2010, 10:29 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Not really. Savard has 7 years left on his contract. Ribeiro has 3.
But he could be cheaper in the sense of what we'd have to give up to get him.

Old
06-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
Savard would be cheaper
The next 3 years of Ribeiro are 5.5 mil cheaper than Savard.

Consider a 30 - 33 yr. old Ribeiro at 15 mil
or a 32-35 yr. old Savard at 20.5 mil

Could upgrade if dissappointed, or resign Ribeiro in 3 years if you like him, but you'd have Savard for 7 years.

Old
06-28-2010, 10:30 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

id take ribeiro for sure

Closed Thread