HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines for next year

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2010, 11:55 AM
  #1
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,238
vCash: 500
Lines for next year

I am guessing this will change before the season but right now does this look right.

Booth Weiss Frolik
Stillman Matthias Grabner
Bitz Reinprecht Dvorak
Bernier Taffe Olesz
Dadonov/Repik as extra skater

Tallon and Deboer want an extra skater so they can scratch people.

McCabe Wideman
Allen Kulikov
Garrison Gudbranson
Ellerby

Vokoun
Clemmensen


Last edited by PBPantherfan: 06-27-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Edited for my mind refusing to believe Olesz and his thundering thighs are still here
PBPantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 12:00 PM
  #2
billysbreakdown
Registered User
 
billysbreakdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,329
vCash: 235
Taffe will be our 4th line center if he isn't dealt away. He has a NHL contract this year.

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 12:16 PM
  #3
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,664
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
I am guessing this will change before the season but right now does this look right.

Booth Weiss Frolik
Stillman Matthias Grabner
Bitz Reinprecht Dvorak
Bernier Duco Dadonov Repik (Who the heck is our 4th line center?)

Tallon and Deboer want an extra skater so they can scratch people.

McCabe Wideman
Allen Kulikov
Garrison Gudbranson
Ellerby

Vokoun
Clemmensen
You forgot Olesz. If one of Olesz or Stillman can or cannot be moved, then Id think:

Booth - Weiss - Frolik
Stillman - Reinprecht - Grabner
Olesz - Matthias - Dvorak
or
Bernier - Matthias - Dvorak
McCardle - Taffe - Bitz/Bernier

McCabe - Wideman
Kulikov - Gudbranson
Allen - Garrison
Ellerby

Vokoun
Clemmensen


If we keep Stillman, I want him paired with Reinprecht. They seem to have a good chemistry together before Stillman went down with an injury.

Id like to see Matthias on the second line, but since I stated the chemistry between Stillman and Reino, then he is slotted on the 3rd line, for the time being.

Might as well play Kulikov and Gudbranson together, since that will be our top pairing of the future. Let them learn together from the start, so they will learn each others game.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:14 PM
  #4
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme
 
King Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
This is my idea of how it looks but hopefully it will get mixed up a little bit here, like olesz will get 86ed and they will bring in someone. I like the idea of dvo and grabner together to make a very fast pair of wingers. I think my 2nd and 3rd lines are kinda interchangeable. I made the 4th line the grinders but Id kinda like to see McArdle on the 4th line rather than Taffe, but I dont know if any of those three can play center.

Booth Weiss Frolik
Stillman Reinprect Olesz
Grabner Matthias Dvorak
Bernier Taffe Bitz


McCabe Kulikov
Wideman Gudbranson
Allen Garrison
Ellerby

I think the younger guys get paired with the vets and this is the most likely combos I see

Vokoun
Clemmensen

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 02:26 PM
  #5
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,664
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
This is my idea of how it looks but hopefully it will get mixed up a little bit here, like olesz will get 86ed and they will bring in someone. I like the idea of dvo and grabner together to make a very fast pair of wingers. I think my 2nd and 3rd lines are kinda interchangeable. I made the 4th line the grinders but Id kinda like to see McArdle on the 4th line rather than Taffe, but I dont know if any of those three can play center.

Booth Weiss Frolik
Stillman Reinprect Olesz
Grabner Matthias Dvorak
Bernier Taffe Bitz


McCabe Kulikov
Wideman Gudbranson
Allen Garrison
Ellerby

I think the younger guys get paired with the vets and this is the most likely combos I see

Vokoun
Clemmensen
I dont see Olesz on the 2nd line before Grabner. Grabner could be a 20-25 goal scorer playing with two playmakers in Stillman and Reino. Rusty, while overpaid, is an excellent two way forward, suited for the 3rd line.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 02:49 PM
  #6
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme
 
King Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I dont see Olesz on the 2nd line before Grabner. Grabner could be a 20-25 goal scorer playing with two playmakers in Stillman and Reino. Rusty, while overpaid, is an excellent two way forward, suited for the 3rd line.
i agree with this which is why i said theyre interchangeable. I put olesz with reino and stiller cause i think he compliments them better. i put grabner with dvo because i think their speed could cause a lot of problems and they seem to go better with matthias than with reino.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 03:20 PM
  #7
panthersfan751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
i agree with this which is why i said theyre interchangeable. I put olesz with reino and stiller cause i think he compliments them better. i put grabner with dvo because i think their speed could cause a lot of problems and they seem to go better with matthias than with reino.
It's going to be interesting to find a spot for Grabner. I'd prefer having him on the 2nd line, but the problem is that he would skate circles around Stillman and Reinprecht.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 03:37 PM
  #8
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
It's going to be interesting to find a spot for Grabner. I'd prefer having him on the 2nd line, but the problem is that he would skate circles around Stillman and Reinprecht.
That's not a big deal because he can create offense on his own. He doesn't really need a setup man because he uses his speed to create chances. He can bring it in on the rush and stiller or Rhino can just go to the net or trail in and make plays. I don't like having a first line of Booth-Weiss-Frolik. Too soft and too small IMO. We need some bigger guys with more skill as our first line right now. That line would be a disgusting second line though.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 03:58 PM
  #9
Hubs & Kisses
Registered User
 
Hubs & Kisses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
All we need is Pete Worrell

Hubs & Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:32 PM
  #10
camperjr
Registered User
 
camperjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 500
I think Grabner should be a top 6 player

camperjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:37 PM
  #11
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
Taffe will be our 4th line center if he isn't dealt away. He has a NHL contract this year.
So does Clay Wilson. I doubt it means much. If he plays well enough to make it, he will. If not, back to Rochester he goes.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:39 PM
  #12
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
We still have the free agency period to deal with, then training camp. Right now it's completely pointless to speculate our depth chart as teams all around the NHL are going to be drastically shaped and reshaped until October.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:40 PM
  #13
RCGP
Go Panthers
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
I think its unlikely Taffe will be on the roster.

However, its clear we have too many wingers and not enough centers. I believe Tallon will either sign a center or trade one of our extra wingers for a center before the season starts.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:43 PM
  #14
Great8Cam
Registered User
 
Great8Cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Booth Weiss Frolik
Dvo Matthias Grabner
Olesz/Stiller Reino Bernier
KMac Taffe Bitz

(as pairs but not in order of pairs)

McCabe Gudbranson
Wideman Garrison
Allen Kulikov

Ellerby


Last edited by Great8Cam: 06-27-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Great8Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:53 PM
  #15
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,587
vCash: 500
I'll comeback to this after the free agency period.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 05:07 PM
  #16
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I'll comeback to this after the free agency period.
Yeah, still plenty of time for things to happen. Plus, Versteeg and possibly Ryan are available. I'd venture to guess that a move or two will happen.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 05:12 PM
  #17
Blacksheep71
Registered User
 
Blacksheep71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London, England
Country: England
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
We definitely need to add a Center to the roster.

Considering we have ok depth down the right wing with Frolik, Grabner, Bernier, Dvorak, Bitz and Repik, as well as down the left wing with Stillman, Booth, Olesz, and McArdle, with Duco available too, we appear to be horribly light in the middle, unless we expect Jenks to immediately step up.

As Dadonov has already threatened to stay in the KHL unless he is guaranteed a roster spot, would it not make sense to trade him for some help at pivot even if the guy brought in is a 3rd liner?

The Oilers seem to be over burdened down the middle with Brule, Gagner, Cogliano, Potulny, Pouliot, Jacques and O'Marra with prospects in Eberle, Nash and Hartikainen but have a serious lack on the RW. I am sure they could find a place for Dadonov whilst we could definitely use a Marc Pouliot or Ryan O'Marra or even be cheeky and ask for both adding a netminding prospect to the deal.


Last edited by Blacksheep71: 06-27-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Blacksheep71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 05:45 PM
  #18
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
This is my idea of how it looks but hopefully it will get mixed up a little bit here, like olesz will get 86ed and they will bring in someone. I like the idea of dvo and grabner together to make a very fast pair of wingers. I think my 2nd and 3rd lines are kinda interchangeable. I made the 4th line the grinders but Id kinda like to see McArdle on the 4th line rather than Taffe, but I dont know if any of those three can play center.

Booth Weiss Frolik
Stillman Reinprect Olesz
Grabner Matthias Dvorak
Bernier Taffe Bitz


McCabe Kulikov
Wideman Gudbranson
Allen Garrison
Ellerby

I think the younger guys get paired with the vets and this is the most likely combos I see

Vokoun
Clemmensen
I like that but I would put Dadonov on the 3rd line and trade one of dvorak or stillman.
Also I would put McCabe and Guds together and Wideman and Kulikov. Because Wideman and Guds are right handedshots. Kulikov and McCabe are lefts i think.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 06:54 PM
  #19
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,276
vCash: 500
Jmo:

Booth-Weiss-Frolik
Stillman-Matthias-Grabner
Olesz-Reinprecht-Bernier
Dvorak-Taffe/FA-Bitz
McArdle as the scratch
Maybe even a Booth-Weiss-Bernier line wouldn't be such a bad thing because it would give us a physical presence with our two most important players.

*In 08-09 Bernier was much better than he was this last year. Last year he had a groin injury

Kulikov-Wideman
McCabe-Gudbranson
Garrison-Allen


Last edited by ShootIt: 06-27-2010 at 07:00 PM.
ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 07:28 PM
  #20
305Pantera
Registered User
 
305Pantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Right now this is just painful. I'm pretty sure we'll see some more people come and go. Like Erick said, I'll wait till after FA to start predicting lines.

305Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 07:42 PM
  #21
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,068
vCash: 500
What do people think about trading for Mikail Grabovski? Obviously we are going to bring in another center. We may overpay for Lombardi, then again we may not or he may sign with someone else. After that there isn't whole lot out there for centers in UFA. Eric Belanger, Vinny Prospal, who isn't even really a center but can play center.

Grabovski makes 2.85, then 3.1 then he's a UFA. Short term deal at a better price than you will get for the same production in free agency. It sounds like it wouldn't take a lot to get him either. I think a 3rd round pick next year should do it, and we have two of them. He's not the ideal center for Tallon but he'll score 40-50 pts.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 07:44 PM
  #22
CritZ
Registered User
 
CritZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
Will Ellerby ever crack the line up?

CritZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 08:22 PM
  #23
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
What do people think about trading for Mikail Grabovski? Obviously we are going to bring in another center. We may overpay for Lombardi, then again we may not or he may sign with someone else. After that there isn't whole lot out there for centers in UFA. Eric Belanger, Vinny Prospal, who isn't even really a center but can play center.

Grabovski makes 2.85, then 3.1 then he's a UFA. Short term deal at a better price than you will get for the same production in free agency. It sounds like it wouldn't take a lot to get him either. I think a 3rd round pick next year should do it, and we have two of them. He's not the ideal center for Tallon but he'll score 40-50 pts.
Yes I have thought about Grabovski. The guy has pretty good hands around the net and speedy. I think he'd be a solid player for the 2nd line C position if all else fails. I'd like Lombardi there more though.

I do think he'd be way more productive than say Reinprecht centering the 2nd line.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 08:28 PM
  #24
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CritZ View Post
Will Ellerby ever crack the line up?
I have to say yes, he's a very safe bet to end up a longtime NHLer and he played well in his time in Florida although his ictime was limited. But he didn't look out of place at all. The thing is, he might not crack the lineup for 2 years, because Garrison might win the open job ahead of him this year, or maybe even Gudbranson. And Gud will definitely be ready within a year. So where does that leave Ellerby? He doesn't need 2 more years in the AHL but he might get it anyway. Unless we trade off one of our other vet d-men sooner but I wouldn't count on it. He may become trade bait at some point simply because he is near ready and there is a blockage in front of him, if some of the prospects behind him show they could become a similar replacement for him.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 08:55 PM
  #25
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,756
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I have to say yes, he's a very safe bet to end up a longtime NHLer and he played well in his time in Florida although his ictime was limited. But he didn't look out of place at all. The thing is, he might not crack the lineup for 2 years, because Garrison might win the open job ahead of him this year, or maybe even Gudbranson. And Gud will definitely be ready within a year. So where does that leave Ellerby? He doesn't need 2 more years in the AHL but he might get it anyway. Unless we trade off one of our other vet d-men sooner but I wouldn't count on it. He may become trade bait at some point simply because he is near ready and there is a blockage in front of him, if some of the prospects behind him show they could become a similar replacement for him.
I dunno, McCabe's deal expires after next season and I could totally see him moved at the trade deadline. That'll free up that spot full time for Ellerby. Plus I wouldnt be surprised if Allen is moved at some point as well between now and next offseason. Ellerby probably needs another half season in the AHL anyway before he's earned his spot full time IMHO.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.