HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dustin Penner

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2010, 01:46 AM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill22 View Post
Team X - believes Penner to be superior for the next 2 years to their unnamed high prospect, and is likely to be in win-now mode
Team Oil - Tambo believes that said prospect will be superior/equal to to Penner in 2 years

Only way I could see Penner dealt... forget 1 or 2 iffy/fringe prospects and a mid round pick deals, Penner will garner some serious young talent or not be traded. The Oil have long suffered for their decision to offer sheet him, they're not going to give him away at the first sign of him being the player they envisioned.
This.

The oilers are much closer to the end of a rebuild than the beginning, simply becase of the young talent they've quitely racked up before drafing Taylor Hall.... Jordan Eberle, Magnus Paajarvi, Linus Omark, Sam Gagner, Andrew Cogliano, Gilbert Brule, and a couple of young goalies.

They've got a bit of sorting out to do in their roster (ideally move out Souray, Vandermeer, maybe Horcoff.... but they problably identify both Hemsky & Penner as guys that are going to lead that team while the kids develop. At 26 & 27 years old, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Short of getting a real top end prospect in the form of a centre or defenceman; Penner is likley going nowhere. There's just no incentive to trade him, and teams at this point in the season generally don't trade for players who aren't being shopped, simply because there are teams that need to clear cap.

Old
02-28-2011, 08:36 PM
TaylorHallFan*

Funny to revisit this....

Old
02-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Alternatively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munger04 View Post
Funny to revisit this....
Not particularly....

Old
03-01-2011, 12:16 AM
hfboardsuser

What's funny is that the Oilers essentially returned the package Habs fans kept blowing off. I defy anyone to prove there's a substantial difference between Teubert and Jarred Tinordi, whom Oilers fans singled out as a reasonable prospect to include with a 1st round pick.

Teubert: 1st round, 13th overall
Tinordi: 1st round, 22nd overall

Teubert: 6'5 201
Tinordi: 6'7 212

Teubert, 18/19: 60 GP, 12-25-37, +9, 136 PIM
Tinordi, 18/19: 55 GP, 1-10-11, -6, 121 PIM

Yet while Kings fans are somewhat relieved to see Teubert go as he was part of a logjam of defense prospects in their pipeline, at least one Habs fan has attached the name of a future first-ballot Hall-of-Famer to Tinordi. But, I guess some things never change.

Old
03-01-2011, 10:10 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
What's funny is that the Oilers essentially returned the package Habs fans kept blowing off. I defy anyone to prove there's a substantial difference between Teubert and Jarred Tinordi, whom Oilers fans singled out as a reasonable prospect to include with a 1st round pick.

Teubert: 1st round, 13th overall
Tinordi: 1st round, 22nd overall

Teubert: 6'5 201
Tinordi: 6'7 212

Teubert, 18/19: 60 GP, 12-25-37, +9, 136 PIM
Tinordi, 18/19: 55 GP, 1-10-11, -6, 121 PIM

Yet while Kings fans are somewhat relieved to see Teubert go as he was part of a logjam of defense prospects in their pipeline, at least one Habs fan has attached the name of a future first-ballot Hall-of-Famer to Tinordi. But, I guess some things never change.
The Kings can afford to let Teubert go, but the Habs coudn't. Our defense prospect is really thin now. I do think the Kings was desperate and overpay to get Penner. Your team should be happy with the return. I am also happy that my team did not overpay like the Kings did.

Old
03-01-2011, 10:23 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
The Kings can afford to let Teubert go, but the Habs coudn't. Our defense prospect is really thin now. I do think the Kings was desperate and overpay to get Penner. Your team should be happy with the return. I am also happy that my team did not overpay like the Kings did.
Overpay, hmmm. A 20+ pick, a dman that will be a top 4-5 guy at best if he makes the NHL(been a healthy scratch for Manchester as of late) and a 3rd rounder. We get a potential 30+ goal scorer with size at a good price. Guess its just the way you look at it. Overpayment, NOPE!

Old
03-01-2011, 10:25 AM
William H Bonney

Fun to revisit but lets keep the Penner talk in the stickied trade thread. Thanks.