HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 New York Rangers Prospect Camp - 6/28-7/2

Old
06-30-2010, 02:31 PM
LyNX27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
I love it..........no Redden!! Nice trade for Kovy!
Redden Waived, Kovalchuk picked up in Free Agency.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 02:41 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Rangers could go the extreme route, sign Kovalchuk, and go with a rebuilt team....would be interestng to watch pretty much everyone get their cake and eat it too. youd have the Kovalchuk fanboys, like myself, satisfied, and youd have the rebuild it fanboys satisfied.

Something along the lines of...

Dubinsky Anisimov Gaborik
Kovalchuk Drury Callahan
Avery Stepan Grachev/MZA
Byers Boyle Prust

Staal Girardi
Rozsival(assuming he isnt traded) Gilroy
MDZ McDonagh/Sauer

wouldnt be a super competitive team, but it would be a fun team to watch grow.
How about this next year 2011-2012?:

Kovalchuk--Dubinsky--Gaborik
Kreider--Stepan--Callahan
Grachev--Anisimov--MZA

BroadwayBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
How about this next year 2011-2012?:

Kovalchuk--Dubinsky--Gaborik
Kreider--Stepan--Callahan
Grachev--Anisimov--MZA
i wouldnt put kovalchuk and gaborik together unless were talking the last 5-10 minutes of a game where the Rangers are trailing and need a goal and these guys are out there every other shift. Balance is huge, and these are 2 guys who dont need each other to score.

In 2 years i believe avery is still on the books as is Drury so id probably go something like...

Kovalchuk Stepan Grachev
Kreider Drury Callahan
Avery Whoever Whoever

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 02:49 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
i wouldnt put kovalchuk and gaborik together unless were talking the last 5-10 minutes of a game where the Rangers are trailing and need a goal and these guys are out there every other shift. Balance is huge, and these are 2 guys who dont need each other to score.

In 2 years i believe avery is still on the books as is Drury so id probably go something like...

Kovalchuk Stepan Grachev
Kreider Drury Callahan
Avery Whoever Whoever
I'd certainly love it. That's basically what I've been calling for all along.

Only problem is that you have Grachev on the RW. And while I've thought for a while that he would be good there, AFAIK they haven't ever moved him there.

Also, no MZA (although that could just be because you don't think he'll be able to cut the mustard in the NHL).

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I'd certainly love it. That's basically what I've been calling for all along.

Only problem is that you have Grachev on the RW. And while I've thought for a while that he would be good there, AFAIK they haven't ever moved him there.

Also, no MZA (although that could just be because you don't think he'll be able to cut the mustard in the NHL).
MZA....im not convinced, we'll see, he'll find a spot though, we can move stuff around, maybe move Drury to the 4th line, shift someone out of position to center. whatever it takes.

Grachev on RW, yeah i know, not sure where else to put him, i dont wanna put him on the first line...way too much way too soon.

Old
06-30-2010, 02:58 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:

Kovalchuk Stepan Grachev
Kreider Drury Callahan
Avery Whoever Whoever
As much as I'd love that, that'd be a tight squeeze to fit under the cap with Gaborik and Drury, Dubinsky, Anisimov and Callahan looking for raises, not to mention Roszival and Staal + Girardi's new contracts. Not to mention that Redden would have to be in Hartford for all this to work out.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:03 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikTheKing30 View Post
As much as I'd love that, that'd be a tight squeeze to fit under the cap with Gaborik and Drury, Dubinsky, Anisimov and Callahan looking for raises, not to mention Roszival and Staal + Girardi's new contracts. Not to mention that Redden would have to be in Hartford for all this to work out.
If you traded Roszi you could afford to sign Girardi Staal and Kovie. kovie though would have to get 7 mil his 1st two years then bump up to 10-15 for the next 3 or 4 years based on his contract demands if he gets 9 mil per for 6-10 years. The the last two+ can go down to 9 or 10. The length of more than 5 years bothers me with Kovie a lot since he reportedly wants 9 per.

I give Kovie signing a 25% chance. 60% if he lowered his demands to 7.5 per instead of 9 or 10

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Blueblood 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
If you traded Roszi you could afford to sign Girardi Staal and Kovie. kovie though would have to get 7 mil his 1st two years then bump up to 10-15 for the next 3 or 4 years based on his contract demands if he gets 9 mil per for 6-10 years. The the last two+ can go down to 9 or 10. The length of more than 5 years bothers me with Kovie a lot since he reportedly wants 9 per.

I give Kovie signing a 25% chance. 60% if he lowered his demands to 7.5 per instead of 9 or 10
No chance the Rangers pay Kovy $9million per year. Please don't make me eat these words tomorrow, dear Lord!

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
well i personally believe redden will be there bc he has been awful and eventually it will happen. i dont think it would be to hard to fit all them in.. how much more money do you believe dubinsky and callahan are gonna make over what theyre getting now? Anisimov is the only player on that list thats due for a raise.. Drury will be gone in 2yrs, rosie the same unless hes traded. we would really only have to deal with being up against the cap for 2 seasons at most with drury and rosie contract being up and freeing up 12m. redden gone would make 18-19m

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:38 PM
NYROrtsFan

I really think a big reason they went so hard at getting Stepan to sign was just to get him with Grachev in Hartford. I believe Grachev struggled in part due to not really having that play maker with vision playing next to him.

If either, or both make the team, that is a bonus. Personally I'd almost rather have them start down in Hartford and play at least half the season together.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:39 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
well i personally believe redden will be there bc he has been awful and eventually it will happen. i dont think it would be to hard to fit all them in.. how much more money do you believe dubinsky and callahan are gonna make over what theyre getting now? Anisimov is the only player on that list thats due for a raise.. Drury will be gone in 2yrs, rosie the same unless hes traded. we would really only have to deal with being up against the cap for 2 seasons at most with drury and rosie contract being up and freeing up 12m. redden gone would make 18-19m
Dubinsky and Callahan will both be in the $3 M range, as will Girardi. Staal will probably get closer to $3.5 M. Anisimov, depending on how he does this year, will probably get $1.5-2 M.

I'm all for signing talent like Kovalchuk, however if it means we have to let Dubinsky, Callahan or Anisimov walk next off-season, its not worth it.

Build a competitive team from within, not by signing free agents. We've done a good job of it, lets not ruin it by becoming cap-strapped. Learn from the past.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
No chance the Rangers pay Kovy $9million per year. Please don't make me eat these words tomorrow, dear Lord!
i dont see why not.

hell, id give him 11 mil per season for his first 7 years or so. then scale it back, do something like 95 mil over 15 years.

he can EASILY fit in the cap then.

Old
06-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Dubinsky and Callahan will both be in the $3 M range, as will Girardi. Staal will probably get closer to $3.5 M. Anisimov, depending on how he does this year, will probably get $1.5-2 M.

I'm all for signing talent like Kovalchuk, however if it means we have to let Dubinsky, Callahan or Anisimov walk next off-season, its not worth it.

Build a competitive team from within, not by signing free agents. We've done a good job of it, lets not ruin it by becoming cap-strapped. Learn from the past.
believe me i want youth more than nething but if we sign kovy i dont think we would have that problem even next year.. im sure drury and rosie would easily be tradeable since they would be starting the FINAL year of their contract. I dont want to get rid of any of our young talent to sign a superstar but we do have players with high contracts that will be up in 2 years and can easily be pawned off next year with being in their final year of their contracts.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:50 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
believe me i want youth more than nething but if we sign kovy i dont think we would have that problem even next year.. im sure drury and rosie would easily be tradeable since they would be starting the FINAL year of their contract. I dont want to get rid of any of our young talent to sign a superstar but we do have players with high contracts that will be up in 2 years and can easily be pawned off next year with being in their final year of their contracts.
nmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnm cnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcn mcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnmcnm cnmcnmcnmcnmc

why the hell does EVERY thread become a kovalchuk thread? Last I checked he wasn't attending our prospect camp, and he is not signed by us so there is litterally ZERO place for it here when people want to come here and talk about prospects camp and not have to wad through a page of people penciling him in to our line up and then *****ing about "how we could fit him in"
less than 24 hours till we can put this to bed, god help me, i cant wait till he signs somewhere else

Last edited by FOXHOUND*: 06-30-2010 at 03:58 PM.
FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:56 PM
GAGLine

Kovy won't be a Ranger. Get used to it. Now can we talk about Prospect Camp?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 04:01 PM
nyr2417

gotta love how grachev and stepan already enjoy playing with each other. our future 2nd line of Kreider-Stepan-Grachev is going to be awesome

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Seriously, we have amazing young players who are performing well at the prospect camp. More importantly, they are growing together. Screw kovi, were not getting him, i dont want him and neither should any ranger fan who has sat through the bs free agency of the sather era. We already have the number 1 piece to win a cup, and thats a top 3 nhl goalie. Our defense will be one of the best in the nhl throughout the decade, if not the best. We dont need to go out and get a major cap killer that can screw keeping all that together. Just grow with what we have, and maybe add some pieces to fully complete the puzzle. These prospects will turn us into the 09-10 blackhawks.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 04:10 PM
ThirdEye

I can't see both players making the team. Even if they are ready we don't have space

Hard to say who has the better chance right now. Grachev already played in the AHL, but I think Stepan is the better player and he would fill a hole down the middle)

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 04:22 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Kovy won't be a Ranger. Get used to it. Now can we talk about Prospect Camp?
That would be nice.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I can't see both players making the team. Even if they are ready we don't have space

Hard to say who has the better chance right now. Grachev already played in the AHL, but I think Stepan is the better player and he would fill a hole down the middle)
Why would "space" matter for both of them making it? They play different positions

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 04:52 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Why would "space" matter for both of them making it? They play different positions
Maybe it won't, but do you really think that they're going to go into the season with three rookies on offense (the other being Aasen)?

Weise and Byers will also be fighting for a spot. Stepan is the only center out of those

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 04:56 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
With Sather what should be no chance is 25%. Cue dread music. I think a lot of us are like people in a cellar as a hurricane passes through. Listening, waiting, praying it just passes us by...

Old
06-30-2010, 04:58 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR BLUE18 View Post
Seriously, we have amazing young players who are performing well at the prospect camp. More importantly, they are growing together. Screw kovi, were not getting him, i dont want him and neither should any ranger fan who has sat through the bs free agency of the sather era. We already have the number 1 piece to win a cup, and thats a top 3 nhl goalie. Our defense will be one of the best in the nhl throughout the decade, if not the best. We dont need to go out and get a major cap killer that can screw keeping all that together. Just grow with what we have, and maybe add some pieces to fully complete the puzzle. These prospects will turn us into the 09-10 blackhawks.
I'm excited to see how Anisimov will progress this year. He flashed some great stuff last year. Hopefully he improves consistency and plays with more confidence.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 05:10 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
I'm excited to see how Anisimov will progress this year. He flashed some great stuff last year. Hopefully he improves consistency and plays with more confidence.
With what he showed tbhere's no doubt he has the ability to be a 50+ point guy. I am likewise extremely interested if he can break 50 this year but I think 50 would be the ceiling for him this year.

Old
06-30-2010, 05:13 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
I really think a big reason they went so hard at getting Stepan to sign was just to get him with Grachev in Hartford. I believe Grachev struggled in part due to not really having that play maker with vision playing next to him.

If either, or both make the team, that is a bonus. Personally I'd almost rather have them start down in Hartford and play at least half the season together.
I think this is a really good point. Heck, look at how they played together today! (Granted it was just 4-on-4 at prospect camp, but still it's a good sign.) The only thing I'd disagree with is that Grachev would proably do fine if he was added to the big club and played with Anisimov or some other compitent center that they somehow acquire, while Stepan started out in HFD - the only real problem would be if Stepan made the Rangers and it was instead Grachev who was once again sent to HFD to play with a slug for a center.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote