HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2010 New York Rangers Prospect Camp - 6/28-7/2

Old
06-30-2010, 09:51 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Maybe in future, they are keeping tabs on him without actually owning his rights, and maybe they think inviting him to camp will give him a greater inclination to sign with NYR in future if he breaks out.

I wanted the Rangers to pursue Cornell's goaltender, but it appears for now Talbot is the project guy.

College hockey is worth catching for any reason, so id highly recommend it.
I have been before. It's just nice to go and be able to key in on a player and pay attention to him. What ever happened to Scrivens? I was very impressed with him in the 3 games I saw of him.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I have been before. It's just nice to go and be able to key in on a player and pay attention to him. What ever happened to Scrivens? I was very impressed with him in the 3 games I saw of him.
He choked in an elimination game, questions were raised about his style and its transition to pro, and that was as far as it got.

He signed with the leafs, apparently they think if they collect a million goaltenders one will turn out ok

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Crease

Scrivens was awesome at Cornell, but I never thought his game was strong enough for the NHL level.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
I don't know why anyone jumped off the Grachev band wagon in the first... Oh that's right because they judge players based on one season. Seriously the kid is not only a good player but a great individual.
I think I know why...

...seriously the expectations on the kid was to step in and score right away in the NHL or be a machine in the AHL; he were reported to be a fantastic skater who could skate with anyone et c. Like I've never seen a player his size who can skate with even just the better half of the 5'11 forwards, but Grachev were supposed to be able to skate with the best of them. Stuff like that.

This is how it is, the kid is 6'4-5, at that size you may have breakaway speed but you need help to be around the puck all the time, unless you are Evg Malkin, and he is what 6'3? In the OHL Gra had Matt Duschene most of the time, and it was the OHL, hence it didn't show much. In the WJC's for example, it showed a ton when Gra were expected to carry his unit against better players -- he was pretty invisible.

This have resulted in all kind of BS reports about Gra being lazy et c. Thats not true. He is a role player in the sense that he should be stuck in a PF role on a scoring line. He do need help in other areas from his linemate. He will not be the guy who gets the puck up ice et c.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:34 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Kundratek back.

McDonagh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:42 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I think I know why...

...seriously the expectations on the kid was to step in and score right away in the NHL or be a machine in the AHL; he were reported to be a fantastic skater who could skate with anyone et c. Like I've never seen a player his size who can skate with even just the better half of the 5'11 forwards, but Grachev were supposed to be able to skate with the best of them. Stuff like that.

This is how it is, the kid is 6'4-5, at that size you may have breakaway speed but you need help to be around the puck all the time, unless you are Evg Malkin, and he is what 6'3? In the OHL Gra had Matt Duschene most of the time, and it was the OHL, hence it didn't show much. In the WJC's for example, it showed a ton when Gra were expected to carry his unit against better players -- he was pretty invisible.

This have resulted in all kind of BS reports about Gra being lazy et c. Thats not true. He is a role player in the sense that he should be stuck in a PF role on a scoring line. He do need help in other areas from his linemate. He will not be the guy who gets the puck up ice et c.
In all seriousness I've come to realize Grachev -Anismov is a match made in heaven.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:43 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

From the SNY blog - fairly crappy video of Grachev yesterday:

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2010/0...rom-yesterday/

(The video's fairly crappy, not Grachev. )

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:59 AM
The Perfect Paradox

Wow, Grachev is huge. I'm expecting a break through year from him in the AHL if he doesn't make the big squad.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 10:44 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

@thenyrangers

Quote:

Dylan McIlrath shakes building with bone rattling check

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 10:45 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Wow, Grachev is huge. I'm expecting a break through year from him in the AHL if he doesn't make the big squad.
grachev was the same size last year pretty much.

and was mostly ineffective all last season with that size.

its his head he needs to use more.

having said that, once this guy figures it out, skies the limit.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 10:48 AM
LyNX27

On that goal that Grachev scores where he dishes the puck off and gets it right back... That is some sick vision by Werek...

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 01:43 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
@thenyrangers
Hey!! take it easy on our prospects. Can we put this guy in a cage already.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 03:29 PM
josra33

I think for Grachev people also don't realize that he played 80 games as a rookie. Did not take a game off with injury. He played the grind. For a 19 year old that is a damn good thing to have happen. Only 2 players on the Hartford squad played 80 games (the other name escapes me). I think his stats were stemmed from an injury ridden team and that shook his confidence.

For those NYR, fans that want to call a 20 year old a bust : then the Avalanche will gladly take him off your hands.

josra33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

So uh, what happened at camp today? Nobody was there reporting today?

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:30 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
So uh, what happened at camp today? Nobody was there reporting today?
mcdonough had everyone sign his yearbook....

honestly, after last weekend and today, im not sure i would sign with this organization

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:31 PM
azrok22

Interesting tidbit from Sather's free agency conference call with the media:

Quote:
Kreider is very close. He has to make a decision on whether he wants to stay in school or come out.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/0...n-sather-live/

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Levitate

Weird, I'd like to see what other people have to say. I"m wondering if Carp confused McDonagh with Kreider on accident.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 06:06 PM
jniklast

I think Kreider should spend another year in college. It's not like he absolutely dominated last year, he still has something to prove at that level. Then next year I could see him maybe turn pro.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 06:41 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
I think Kreider should spend another year in college. It's not like he absolutely dominated last year, he still has something to prove at that level. Then next year I could see him maybe turn pro.
Yes and no. He only had 15g 8a in 38 games, but he had 13g 5a in his last 21 games. That's nearly a PPG. He had a PPG in the WJC (6g 1a in 7 games).

I think he still has some learning to do, but I see no reason why he couldn't do that at the AHL level. He's physically ready for it.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
He needs to get out of that program as soon as possible.

I didnt think it was being considered, but if going pro is an option Kreider should never look back.

Old
07-01-2010, 06:47 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Yes and no. He only had 15g 8a in 38 games, but he had 13g 5a in his last 21 games. That's nearly a PPG. He had a PPG in the WJC (6g 1a in 7 games).

I think he still has some learning to do, but I see no reason why he couldn't do that at the AHL level. He's physically ready for it.
If he can keep that pace for a whole season, then he has nothing left to prove. Right now he still hast to prove that he can keep up such a pace.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 06:48 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:

I didnt think it was being considered, but if going pro is an option Kreider should never look back.
dude, get over it already, obviously it hasn't been detrimental to him in the least, all he's done since going there is win. we all get that you hate that school.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 06:49 PM
GAGLine

Quote:

Dude, seriously, you need to lay off the BC hate. No one cares but you.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
dude, get over it already, obviously it hasn't been detrimental to him in the least, all he's done since going there is win. we all get that you hate that school.
Win, and has been played in the wrong role.

Take a pro coach that plays Brandon Prust on the 2nd line and Chris Kreider on the 4th, on the justification that Prust is more experienced, and you have BC's program.

Kreider would get his appropriate minutes in Hartford.

Ironic that fans can make blanket statements like that all Devil players fail in the Rangers system, or that Russians are all un-clutch, but I cant make a reasonable critique of a college hockey program, one that I know far more about than most anyone here, without being called a hater.

Last edited by Fitzy: 07-01-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old
07-01-2010, 07:05 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Win, and has been played in the wrong role.

Take a pro coach that plays Brandon Prust on the 2nd line and Chris Kreider on the 4th, on the justification that Prust is more experienced, and you have BC's program.

Kreider would get his appropriate minutes in Hartford.
Not so sure he's ready to turn pro and not too sure he's not but got to figure that if Kreider is playing at BC this coming season his role is going to be a lot more prominent.

I've never gotten the BC hatred either. Year in and year out they're one of the nation's best college programs.

Anyway Kreider is a great prospect--excellent size, great speed--like to see him develop a bit more creativity but I think he's at the least going to be a very good NHL'er.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote