Scott Flory signs with Saskatchewan

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2004, 01:02 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Scott Flory signs with Saskatchewan

Former Montreal Alouettes offensive lineman, and Regina native Scott Flory has signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. TSN is yet to post it on their website, but right now, I'm looking at the sports page of the Leader Post, which has "Scott Flory signs with the Riders" all over it.

Also, the LP noted that the futures in the Kevin Glenn trade was a 1st round draft pick.

This makes the Saskatchewan Roughriders a force. Andrew Greene and Flory were the league's finalists for lineman of the year. Jeremy O'Day and Gene Makowsky make the O line that much better. So really, this should be a good year for Nealon Greene, and Henry Burris, when he plays, as it's gonna be mighty hard for opposing teams to reach them throughtout the CFL season.

Old
05-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Sebastien Centomo

Now his CFL future 'is in limbo'

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?id=84709

Old
05-21-2004, 04:24 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

We'll take him back anytime. He might be from Saskatchewan but his minds is clearly with the Alouettes.

Old
05-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

This is really whack. On Wednesday, he told reporters he was pumped to play with the Riders. Thursday the Als say he's with them. On Saturday the league decides he's Rider property, and on Sunday, he comes to camp for a couple minutes.

It seems both possible explanations have evidence. If he truly does want back in Montreal, it's supported by the contract they handed in, and the fact that he avoided training camp today. If something strange is going down in Montreal, and he wants to be a Rider, it's supported by his public comments, people supposedly "close" to him saying this is a big misunderstanding, and the reasoning behind the missing training camp(he always played right guard, Sask alternates guards based on strong sides). We won't know what's what untill he comes out with the whole story, but untill then, we'll keep tuned.

You know, if this was the NFL, we'd hear nothing but this on every network station. The CFL deserves alot more media than it gets(The Score, TSN, Sportsnet, yeah, that's it).

Old
05-25-2004, 09:42 AM
flamesfan01800

Now the Riders are trading him back to the Als for a 1st round pick I guess. That would make 3 for next year I am thinking

Old
05-25-2004, 04:50 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan01800
Now the Riders are trading him back to the Als for a 1st round pick I guess. That would make 3 for next year I am thinking
Yep. There's, Montreal's, and Toronto's/Winnipeg's(I'm not sure which). Jim Popp thinks it's ridiculous he has to give up anything for the guy. When he does eventually get traded to Montreal, he's gonna get booed outa Riderville when the Als next play at Taylor Field.

Old
05-25-2004, 04:55 PM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
This is the craziest story I've seen in some time.

Old
05-26-2004, 02:44 PM
flamesfan01800

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
Yep. There's, Montreal's, and Toronto's/Winnipeg's(I'm not sure which). Jim Popp thinks it's ridiculous he has to give up anything for the guy. When he does eventually get traded to Montreal, he's gonna get booed outa Riderville when the Als next play at Taylor Field.
Trade him to calgary so the he can more booing from the rider fiathful. one for making this a stupid situation and the other for being a stampeder

Old
05-29-2004, 02:01 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

Scott Flory has been traded to Montreal for a 1st round pick. Case closed.

Closed Thread