HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Burke on fan590 this morning

Old
06-28-2010, 12:17 PM
BudForLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
I can offer no evidence to support this.............but!

Has anyone considered the possibility that there was a gentlemen's agreement in place as part of the Kessel deal of top 5 protection?

Burke has said repeatedly, that while he considered the possibilty of this years first being a lottery pick, he didn't think it probable........at the time of the trade the Leafs were 6-2 in preseason and sailing along.....

It's possible that he and Chiarelli are just working out that part of the deal, not as a favour but as part of the original agreement...........who knows?
I thought the exact same thing...

BudForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Tombernack

Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
It's 5 million for the next 2 seasons
3 seasons, my man.

Tombernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 12:22 PM
BudForLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
While we're in the realm of fantasy ...

On the quiet Savard tells Chiarelli he isn't happy in Boston.

Chiarelli can only negotiate with 2 teams. Burke reminds him about the shots Chiarelli took at him in the media over the Kessel deal and tells him to get stuffed.

Now Ottawa has no space or interest.

In the meantime Savard talks to Kovalchuk about hooking up in Toronto ...
Way to go there ULF....stay tuned for more "Kovi to Toronto" threads.

I had the same dream last night about Kovy after I heard the Savard rumours....then I had to clean the mess I made on the floor.

BudForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 12:29 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta View Post
Leafs wont get Ryan that was the point of Schenn and Kaberle/Kuli + because that would be fair. And for Savard you think he is going to go for nothing? Boston fans want Kabby and Gunnnerson for him and we want to give them rosehill or grabo....Something in the middle would be the fair price.

Stalberg is not a top 6 forward just because he plays top 6. He has speed and potential but we will have to wait to see.
When are you guys going to realize that the fans don't run the show, the GM does. PC is also the one shopping Savard and the only realistic team that he can deal Savard to is the Leafs, makes it kind of hard to try and drive up a price for him.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 12:43 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
He's looking at other top 6 players like ILYA KOVALCHUK!!

Thursday can't get here soon enough.
why, so you can be as happy as you were last Friday evening?

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
why, so you can be as happy as you were last Friday evening?
So there's closure to this miserable season and I can get a general idea of what this team will be icing next season.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

two more top 6 forward...god I am very very intrigued on who they are and what we can possibly get aside from savard, I know savard is a great player but i really want some goal scorer in our team and man we need it.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 02:46 PM
EternallyLeafs
doris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
That line up is definitely not worth a .

EternallyLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Psydeshow

Don't be surprised if Burke is trying to reacquire HIS OWN 2011 first round draft pick in this deal for Savard and PC may do it. I think a lot of hockey people... including Chiarelli are realizing that the Leafs will probably not be a 29th place team next year in a weaker draft year. The Leafs improved immensely after the Calgary and Anaheim trades last season and with the emergence of younger players like Bozak, Gunnarsson, Gustavsson, and possibly Kadri things can only get better. Add in the rebuilding of teams like Nashville and Florida and we could end up in the 8-14 draft slot quickly. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we get it back.

Psydeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:09 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUC2MIC View Post
I would do Schenn + Kulemin + Kaberle for Ryan
That's a quick way to decimate the team and everything we've been building the past couple years. Thats alot of bodies and talent on the way out. Not even Bobby Ryan can play two wings and defense at the same time.

Last edited by iPunch: 06-28-2010 at 08:20 PM.
iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:35 PM
daveleaf

I think there are some nice pieces here already and shipping out three or four players for one does not make sense. I don't see Bobby Ryan ever being traded, we would have a better chance at Corey Perry and in my opinion-a better all around player.

I don't think for one minute that it will take much of anything to get Savard. To move guys like Kullemin to get him I would not understand that. I heard today that his cap hit is 4mill but his actual pay this year is 7mill, don't know if that is true. If that is the case, the number of teams lining up to take that salary are small. All TO should be sending are second tier prospects from the AHL. Boston has too many bodies down the middle and you guys know this as well, by mid season players will begin to grow unhappy with their roles and ice time. Especially if the team is not rolling. I don't think our first is coming back. That is gone boys.

IMO. I think Savard for a soft trade makes great sense for how TO is managed now. PITT seems to be high on Kabs and I would not be surprised if Burke targets Staal. He would look great at #2 for us. Then we have other assets to move to bring in another winger.

Chia pet is in a tough spot right now and it is up to Burke to make him sweat this one out.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote