HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cheechoo, Nokelainen, Vandermeer, Koistinen, Kotalik

Old
06-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
Sutter's team hasn't won a playoff series in the four seasons they qualified, and they haven't finished in the top half of the playoff bracket since 2006, that is hardly a measure of success at all. They are very soon to be the Toronto Maple Leafs of 2005-2008.

Calgary is in desperate need of a rebuild, but their GM and fans are in total denial of it.

Whatever, ignorance is bliss.....I guess.
Despite what you believe, Sutter has done more good for this franchise than bad. You obviously don't remember the Flames pre-2004.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:15 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Sutter's team hasn't won a playoff series in the four seasons they qualified, and they haven't finished in the top half of the playoff bracket since 2006, that is hardly a measure of success at all. They are very soon to be the Toronto Maple Leafs of 2005-2008.

Calgary is in desperate need of a rebuild, but their GM and fans are in total denial of it.

i kind of agree with this, but why do you seem to think the flames will be able to get out of it so much quicker than the leafs?

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Grannys

XMAS CAME EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Kotalik is a goner!!!!!!

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Sutter has made far more good moves for the Flames than he has bad ones. Please keep that in mind when trashing him incessantly about the Jokinen trade.
How about him believing that trying to make his team better involves a multi-player trade with one of the league's worst teams?

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:28 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

If the Sens bought out Cheechoo's 3.5m contract, i'd take a ride on him for 800k or so as a 3rd or 4th liner and see what he does. Definitely wouldn't take him otherwise.

DrFeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:39 PM
One Trick Pony*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i kind of agree with this, but why do you seem to think the flames will be able to get out of it so much quicker than the leafs?
Because Backlund, Nemisz, Erixon and Wahl seem to be a much better foundation ATM than Tlusty, Kulemin and Colaiacovo.

Don't get me wrong though, Calgary's bound to struggle just as much.

One Trick Pony* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:43 PM
iggyman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
You don't think the trading of Phaneuf was a bad move? Or the one to get Jokinen in the first place? He's also brought in plenty of lousy FA's that he thought were going to revive themselves (Amonte, Friesen, etc.). Plus the Huselius, Tanguay pickups only looked good because anyone you stick with Jarome Iginla becomes a scoring star and those two are ample proof. But now, that luxury isn't quite as strong and Daryll will spend a while digging himself deeper in a hole.

The main reason all these moves have seemed necessary is because the drafting has been major weak under Sutter. The moves he's done are not that of a well run franchise because they wouldn't need to tweak so often, but Sutter does cause he's got hardly any young talent to fall back on. Ken King and Sutter are the duo that will send Flame fans to the madhouse. Sutter has lived and died by the trade and the FA market because he has to. And now, it's all catching up to him.
No. I didnt think the original Jokinen deal was bad at all. Flames were in first place in their division and had just bolstered their lineup massively by adding Jokinen and Leopold at the deadline. Me, every Flames fan and the media...were once again praising Sutter. Hindsight...Jokinen was a bust and we lost first round. I didnt mind giving up Lombardi because he never did anything anyways except ALMOST score.

The Phaneuf trade wasnt great...but else would we get for a player that was just named "most overrated player" by the players (by a landslide I might add). In the cap era I would have taken white for phaneuf straight up simply because phaneuf had 2 AWFUL years and made 6.5 per year.

Sutter does have work to do. We NEED a number 1 center and if he gets that I strongly believe we will be contenders in the west next season.

iggyman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If Kotalik goes unclaimed, put him on re-entry waivers. He'll get claimed for sure.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Ishdul

Beyond all the other problems Cheechoo has, he's had 4 years of consistent rapid deterioration of his game and there's no reason not to expect him to get even worse. He's done.

Ishdul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:14 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
Heres good luck to Cheechoo, I really hope the guy can turn it around somewhere. It really sucks whats happened to him.
Yup.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:30 PM
66-29-33

Buyout CHeech and Pens can offer him 700K for 1 year. He can play next to Malkin, or Crosby.....or Staal.

66-29-33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:49 PM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

Pretty soon the Flames are going to be the irrevelant team in the Battle of Alberta. Way to go Sutter

chopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 View Post
Yup.
Do you think Deano gives him a shot? It sounds kind of like a Deano-type move. I don't know...

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:07 PM
gotmonte

Dont you guys still have Higgins though? I liked him all the way up to the moment he decided to shoot the puck. Wide or unbelievable save or POST.

The kid is good though. I always liked him

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Habs Fan View Post
How about him believing that trying to make his team better involves a multi-player trade with one of the league's worst teams?
What about that?

Hagman, Stajan and White are all quality players.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:26 PM
odishabs

on re-entry waivers i hope the habbies sign nab kotalik, he can be the trigger man on the point of the PP and play alongside eller and lapierre/moen

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Despite what you believe, Sutter has done more good for this franchise than bad. You obviously don't remember the Flames pre-2004.
He did good the first couple years.....since the lockout he has done more damage than good.

The NHL has left him behind....some die hard fans can not accept this fact.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 09:06 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If Kotalik was willing to sign cheap, would love him for a one year Kopecky deal. Guy can absolutely hammer the puck, and if we lose Ladd and Versteeg he'd fit in nicely on our second/third line.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 09:16 PM
LightWeight

I wonder how much longer Cheechoo is going to be in the NHL. He seems like a guy teams would be willing to give a shot, just at the off chance he can regain his form.

LightWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 09:39 PM
iggyman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWeight View Post
I wonder how much longer Cheechoo is going to be in the NHL. He seems like a guy teams would be willing to give a shot, just at the off chance he can regain his form.
Ya I agree. I think the Pens will offer him a one year, $1 million and the chance to play with either Malkin or Crosby.

iggyman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Cephalusc

Quote:

I thought we were talking about Sutters transactions as the Flames GM? It seems like many fans, some drama-queen Flames fans included, seem to be in total denial of what he has done for the franchise. For example, right now you just changed our discussion from me defending the moves he has made as GM, to one about what the Flames should do.

I agree, the Flames should rebuild. But I'm sick of this "Sutter is a moron" BS. The man single handedly turned the franchise around. He has put fantastic teams on paper together, that just never meshed on ice. Until this last season, you would have been hard pressed to find a Flames fan upset over his trades. There were some minor issues with the Sarich and Phaneuf signings, but not much else.

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 10:24 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
Do you think Deano gives him a shot? It sounds kind of like a Deano-type move. I don't know...
Id like him in LA but at the right price. Hes no longer a 1st/2nd liner, he can be 3rd/4th grinder. Hes all heart and works hard every shift.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephalusc View Post
I thought we were talking about Sutters transactions as the Flames GM? It seems like many fans, some drama-queen Flames fans included, seem to be in total denial of what he has done for the franchise. For example, right now you just changed our discussion from me defending the moves he has made as GM, to one about what the Flames should do.

I agree, the Flames should rebuild. But I'm sick of this "Sutter is a moron" BS. The man single handedly turned the franchise around. He has put fantastic teams on paper together, that just never meshed on ice. Until this last season, you would have been hard pressed to find a Flames fan upset over his trades. There were some minor issues with the Sarich and Phaneuf signings, but not much else.
Aren't his transactions as GM,the team he assembled and the success of the team all sort of intertwined? Pretty much every guy currently on the team save for 1 or 2 guys.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 10:41 PM
PZA
♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛

It's incredible how much the same stuff gets said over and over and over and over again about the Flames.... funny how this thread is about four players being waived and one is a Flame therefore main topic is how the Flames is in **** and should blow up.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....

PZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 10:47 PM
mrdonkey

Maybe we should wait before Kotalik is actually bought out before grabbing the pitchforks, torches, and Sutter effigies. He has openly said that he does not believe in buyouts because you should commit to your contracts. Besides, Sutter would not have gone to all the trouble of contacting Darcy Regier asking about Kotalik if his plan all along was to just buy him out.

I get the feeling something else is going on here.

mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote