HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Update on Andrew Ladd

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2010, 02:17 PM
  #1
theduster77
Registered User
 
theduster77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
Update on Andrew Ladd

Quote:
DarrenDreger

Hawks qualify Andrew Ladd at $1.65 mil. He still has arb rights and could earn much more. Still seems a likely trade target.
Want him to come to the Leafs but I think he will end up in Vancouver, Montreal, LA, or Florida.

theduster77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 02:26 PM
  #2
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style
 
Shinsuke Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,476
vCash: 500
Just curious as to why you think Montreal is a likely destination for him. Not that I disagree nor would I be opposed to it, just wondering why you think so.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 02:43 PM
  #3
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,321
vCash: 500
what about he stays in Chicago?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 02:49 PM
  #4
toquerasta
Registered User
 
toquerasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 924
vCash: 500
I'd like him with the Leafs too but we don't have much to give for him, so uh, guess not.

toquerasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 02:53 PM
  #5
hdtrax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 500
Would love to see Ladd in Toronto - perfect fit for 2nd LW. Come on Burkie, renew my faith!

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 02:55 PM
  #6
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,792
vCash: 500
If he remains unsigned by Thursday, I'd expect Gillis to make an offersheet to him, probably in the $2.5M+ range. Whether or not he'd sign it though?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 02:55 PM
  #7
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,810
vCash: 500
If the Hawks move Versteeg in addition to Byfuglien, wouldn't they have enough to resign him?

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 03:02 PM
  #8
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 7,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
If the Hawks move Versteeg in addition to Byfuglien, wouldn't they have enough to resign him?
AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES
FORWARDS
Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Tomas Kopecky ($1.200m)
Marty Reasoner ($1.150m) / Troy Brouwer ($1.025m) / * Jack Skille ($0.700m)
* Bryan Bickell ($0.550m) / Jake Dowell ($0.525m) / * Peter MacArthur ($0.500m)
DEFENSEMEN
Brian Campbell ($7.143m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / * Niklas Hjalmarsson ($2.500m)
Brian Connelly ($0.875m) / * Nick Boynton ($0.750m)
* Jordan Hendry ($0.625m)
GOALTENDERS
* Antti Niemi ($2.500m) / Corey Crawford ($0.800m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 21; CAP: $55.4m (factors in the $4m bonus hit); PAYROLL: $55.031m; CAP ROOM: $0.656m BONUSES: $0.287m

Try fitting Ladd (@ $1.65 at least) onto that team (which is sans Versteeg).

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 03:04 PM
  #9
Kip96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
what about he stays in Chicago?
Salary Cap

Kip96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 03:08 PM
  #10
EmeticDonut
Registered User
 
EmeticDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
what about he stays in Chicago?
crazy talk, who would want to stay with the champions?

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 03:17 PM
  #11
Rob Zepp
Registered User
 
Rob Zepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
If he remains unsigned by Thursday, I'd expect Gillis to make an offersheet to him, probably in the $2.5M+ range. Whether or not he'd sign it though?
I agree. Will use the Bernier money on him as that would be the thought process. Then would have Ladd and Kesler room on the road....

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 03:21 PM
  #12
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 7,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshinaya View Post
crazy talk, who would want to stay with the champions?
So first, go work out how Ladd can fit into the lineup I posted in #8 and then if you're him and see this, do you think the Hawks are by far and away likely to repeat? Not saying they won't. Just saying that it isn't as much of a certainty as it was last season once you signed Hossa.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 03:21 PM
  #13
Pulp Fiction
RIP Wade Belak
 
Pulp Fiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Grabo's Pineapple
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
what about he stays in Chicago?
Let me introduce to something called the salary cap...

Pulp Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 03:29 PM
  #14
yapperface
Bieksallent
 
yapperface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
VANCOUVER PLEASE!

I always wondered what would happen if a player I intensely hate (i.e. a Blackhawk) became a Vancouver Canuck. It would be an interesting process of integration, to say the least.

Also, a reliable 3rd/4th liner would be an oh-so-pleasant change.

yapperface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:06 PM
  #15
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzie11 View Post
Let me introduce to something called the salary cap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip96 View Post
Salary Cap
Do you know how much money the Bonuses are? 4million or maybe less? let me know if you know it 100%


maybe we all give Niemi AND Hjalmarsson to much money on their contracts....


as long as we don't know this... we can just speculate what may happen with the Hawks

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:12 PM
  #16
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,836
vCash: 500
Sergei and a pick for Ladd plz.

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:15 PM
  #17
EmeticDonut
Registered User
 
EmeticDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
So first, go work out how Ladd can fit into the lineup I posted in #8 and then if you're him and see this, do you think the Hawks are by far and away likely to repeat? Not saying they won't. Just saying that it isn't as much of a certainty as it was last season once you signed Hossa.
I won't bother with that stuff. I am not the GM of the Hawks and I don't know enough about the salary cap and the rules and I also don't know the exact numbers either, so in the end it's a rather pointless endeavor you and everyone else seem to have wasted energy on arguing about the Hawks cap situation.

I have no control over these matters, so why should I worry about it. I'll support my team regardless of the roster they will ice next season and I am confident that the brass will do their best to keep the team as competitive as possible.

As fans of other teams than the Hawks, you have spent an awful lot of time worrying about the Hawks. Your own team is too boring to talk about on your own boards?

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:19 PM
  #18
Vote for Rory
Registered User
 
Vote for Rory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
If he remains unsigned by Thursday, I'd expect Gillis to make an offersheet to him, probably in the $2.5M+ range. Whether or not he'd sign it though?
Gillis has already said that he deson't see himself giving out an offer sheets this year. He said since they didn't have a pick until the 4th round this year, next years draft is very important to them.

Vote for Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:20 PM
  #19
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 7,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshinaya View Post
I won't bother with that stuff. I am not the GM of the Hawks and I don't know enough about the salary cap and the rules and I also don't know the exact numbers either, so in the end it's a rather pointless endeavor you and everyone else seem to have wasted energy on arguing about the Hawks cap situation.

I have no control over these matters, so why should I worry about it. I'll support my team regardless of the roster they will ice next season and I am confident that the brass will do their best to keep the team as competitive as possible.

As fans of other teams than the Hawks, you have spent an awful lot of time worrying about the Hawks. Your own team is too boring to talk about on your own boards?
capgeek.com

Yeah, long winded way of saying "ok I'll shut up, I can't figure it out." If you make an assertion, it's generally good to back it up.

Yeah, Sharks are a bit boring now until July 1st rolls around, and we're all ticked off at DW for the most ridiculous contract he's ever given out ($2.5 to Wallin).

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:22 PM
  #20
Meganuck*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote for Rory View Post
Gillis has already said that he deson't see himself giving out an offer sheets this year. He said since they didn't have a pick until the 4th round this year, next years draft is very important to them.
It's all a smokescreen. I'd say the prime reason they held onto their draft picks for next season is to tender and offer sheet.

He's has stated numerous times that he's in a "win now" time.

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:29 PM
  #21
EmeticDonut
Registered User
 
EmeticDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
capgeek.com

Yeah, long winded way of saying "ok I'll shut up, I can't figure it out." If you make an assertion, it's generally good to back it up.

Yeah, Sharks are a bit boring now until July 1st rolls around, and we're all ticked off at DW for the most ridiculous contract he's ever given out ($2.5 to Wallin).
maybe I should have put a so you might have catched it, but guess not. As I said, I can't really be bothered to "figure it out", as I like to use my energy on other things than arguing about stuff, myself and everyone else involved don't know all the details about, on the internet. But hey, whatever floats your boat, man.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:32 PM
  #22
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshinaya View Post
maybe I should have put a so you might have catched it, but guess not. As I said, I can't really be bothered to "figure it out", as I like to use my energy on other things than arguing about stuff, myself and everyone else involved don't know all the details about, on the internet. But hey, whatever floats your boat, man.
If you can't be bothered, why do you bother posting?

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:34 PM
  #23
EmeticDonut
Registered User
 
EmeticDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,538
vCash: 500
What's it you what I do?

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:54 PM
  #24
CanaFan
Registered User
 
CanaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshinaya View Post
I won't bother with that stuff. I am not the GM of the Hawks and I don't know enough about the salary cap and the rules and I also don't know the exact numbers either, so in the end it's a rather pointless endeavor you and everyone else seem to have wasted energy on arguing about the Hawks cap situation.

I have no control over these matters, so why should I worry about it. I'll support my team regardless of the roster they will ice next season and I am confident that the brass will do their best to keep the team as competitive as possible.

As fans of other teams than the Hawks, you have spent an awful lot of time worrying about the Hawks. Your own team is too boring to talk about on your own boards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshinaya View Post
What's it you what I do?


Funny stuff

CanaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 04:58 PM
  #25
theduster77
Registered User
 
theduster77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Habs Fan View Post
Just curious as to why you think Montreal is a likely destination for him. Not that I disagree nor would I be opposed to it, just wondering why you think so.
I just think he will add size for them upfront, they can occasionally move him up to the 2nd line to play with Pleks and Cammy... I think Pierre G.(GM of MTL) would be interested in him to bring a physical presence into their top 6.

theduster77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.