HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Modano not to be offered contract

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2010, 04:37 PM
  #26
Dave Karp
Registered User
 
Dave Karp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,697
vCash: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
So what does not being offered a contract by the Stars have to do with Modano not having the ability to decide to retire or not?
Why should he be forced to retire? Answer: He shouldn't be. It's a joke considering their money-making problems. Good luck marketing the team to the average Texan without having the best-US born player ever.

Besides that point, it's just a disgraceful way to treat a player who has given it his all for the city, and team for his whole career. He should have had the choice to return if he wanted to. It's funny, people say the Stars aren't contenders this year (which I agree with) so why does it matter if he comes back anyways? Get the bum Ribeiro out for a PMD. Keep Benn at the W unless the Stars are really looking for him to be the C of the future. Heck, even move Mo to the wing like he did a little last season. There's no justification for it in my books, and I would/do think the same way about Lehts if he is given the same treatment (on a smaller scale of course).


How is that quote pathetic? He was lied to and he's upset about it. If you had a job and your contract was up but they told you, you could decide if you wanted to retire or not yet they went back on their word, I think you'd be pissed to. Obviously it's not the same. But it's not so different than a GM worker being screwed over after working there for 20 years. And he doesn't play like he used to but he posted decent numbers. 59 games and 30 points isn't terrible considering the fact he played with scrubs. As for Benn on the PP, I don't see how Modano plays a role there. Eriksson, Neal, Benn, Ribs, Morrow, Modano.. 2 units right there.

Barch has something to do with it. Fans are being told that they have an internal budget and the Stars sign Barch for a overpriced contract. It may not have anything to do with positional depth but I'd take Mo back for a few hundred K more.


Last edited by Dave Karp: 06-29-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Dave Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 04:46 PM
  #27
piqued
Global Moderator
shift
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,848
vCash: 27750
Lehtinen doesn't come to the press either with veiled threats about playing for division rivals if he doesn't get his way. Modano's bluff got called out and now he's bent out of shape.

And the marketing thing... what? No one says, "Hey, who's on the Stars these days?? Oh right, that photogenic American, Mike Modano, who we've seen play for the last 16 years! Let's go to a Stars game."

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 04:56 PM
  #28
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Lehtinen doesn't come to the press either with veiled threats about playing for division rivals if he doesn't get his way. Modano's bluff got called out and now he's bent out of shape.

And the marketing thing... what? No one says, "Hey, who plays for the Stars?? Oh right, that photogenic American, Mike Modano, who we've seen play for the last 16 years! Let's go to a Stars game."
You're referring to his comments about possibly playing in LA, San Jose, Anaheim, and Phoenix right? Was that a bunch of BS or was he actually being serious?

Mo stated if he does play next season it will be with an organization that he has connections with. Aside from Tippet (Phoenix) what links does he have with SJ, Ana, and LA? I thought he was just trying to pull a fast one, although I wasn't sure.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 04:58 PM
  #29
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,727
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
You're referring to his comments about possibly playing in LA, San Jose, Anaheim, and Phoenix right? Was that a bunch of BS or was he actually being serious?

Mo stated if he does play next season it will be with an organization that he has connections with. Aside from Tippet (Phoenix) what links does he have with SJ, Ana, and LA? I thought he was just trying to pull a fast one, although I wasn't sure.
Hate to say it, but I think Willa may have a strong influence on where Mo plays; in the link posted earlier, Modano said she'd be "ecstatic" if he could play out West, as that's where she wishes to pursue an acting career or something. So it wouldn't surprise me to see him stay in the Pacific Division.

Pretty sure he'll stay in the West, at the very least.

__________________
If you're telekinetic and you know it, clap my hands!
Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 05:02 PM
  #30
Chad_
 
Chad_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo'sShow09 View Post
Why should he be forced to retire? Answer: He shouldn't be.
He's not being forced to retire. There are 29 other NHL teams he can be employed with if both sides wish to enter into an agreement. The Stars did not announce his retirement and cannot void any agreement Modano and whatever club reach, rather they just told him that if he wishes to continue to play he needs to do so elsewhere. That happens in sports and regular employment.

As for marketing the club, since you don't live in Dallas you might not realize this, but the Stars haven't exactly used Modano much to sell the club over the past few years. The loss of Turco just might have more of an impact on the Stars marketing efforts than Modano (who would have left anyways due to retirement and still might) since the Stars have issued a good deal of promotional material with Turco's mug on it in that same time period.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 05:04 PM
  #31
Chad_
 
Chad_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
Aside from Tippet (Phoenix) . . .
That's my guess where he goes. Tippett will allow him to take multiple/most practices off, whereas he might not get that leeway on another team.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 05:05 PM
  #32
piqued
Global Moderator
shift
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,848
vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo'sShow09 View Post
As for Benn on the PP, I don't see how Modano plays a role there. Eriksson, Neal, Benn, Ribs, Morrow, Modano.. 2 units right there.
You're forgetting Ott. Benn will play the exact same role this year that Modano had last year. 2nd unit half wall.

And Modano on the wing has never worked, it's not going to start now.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 05:21 PM
  #33
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Lehtinen doesn't come to the press either with veiled threats about playing for division rivals if he doesn't get his way. Modano's bluff got called out and now he's bent out of shape.

And the marketing thing... what? No one says, "Hey, who's on the Stars these days?? Oh right, that photogenic American, Mike Modano, who we've seen play for the last 16 years! Let's go to a Stars game."
where are people getting this idea that modanos bluff was called? Modano was asked a question and he answered it. Bluffing involves a mislead. Theres no mislead here. Modano wants to play and didn't think Joe wanted him around. Joe finally announced that Modano was right. Wheres the bluff?

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 05:23 PM
  #34
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn
 
eartotheground's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Stockholm South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,440
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
I'm sorry, but that quote from Modano is so pathetic and self-pitying...

So he thinks he should've been allowed to act as GM for himself? Just keep punching his own ticket until he no longer felt like it? It doesn't work that way. If anyone told him that it did, shame on them.

Not the way he pictured it happening? How could he have possibly pictured a better ending of a career? 99.9% of professional athletes never even get a sliver of the love he got.

And again, Barch has nothing to do with this. It boils down to: do you want to see Benn on the PP next year? If yes, Modano needs to go. Wandell's also a better option at even strength. If Modano didn't want to be replaced by these guys he should've played better and tried harder.
this was good enough to need reposted....

eartotheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 05:34 PM
  #35
Chad_
 
Chad_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
yada, yada, yada
I did that to save space, not to diminish your point. All that is well and good, but the Stars are not forcing him to retire. It is still up to Modano to do what he wants to.

In the Dallas area, comparisons with Emmit Smith are thrown around when the Cowboys cut him loose and he played in Phoenix. When the Cowboys decided not to continue to pay him, they didn't tell him to retire. They simply said they no longer saw him as a fit on their team.

It's the same, or very similar, thing with Modano. Modano is not and was not pushed into retirement by anything the Stars did. He has that choice, and again, he's got 29 other NHL teams to consider if he still thinks he can make a go of it.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 05:41 PM
  #36
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn
 
eartotheground's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Stockholm South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,440
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
I must say that it will piss me off royally if, when he plays elsewhere, he actually competes hard and plays with effort more than 10% of the time.

eartotheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 05:41 PM
  #37
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,727
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
I did that to save space, not to diminish your point. All that is well and good, but the Stars are not forcing him to retire. It is still up to Modano to do what he wants to.

In the Dallas area, comparisons with Emmit Smith are thrown around when the Cowboys cut him loose and he played in Phoenix. When the Cowboys decided not to continue to pay him, they didn't tell him to retire. They simply said they no longer saw him as a fit on their team.

It's the same, or very similar, thing with Modano. Modano is not and was not pushed into retirement by anything the Stars did. He has that choice, and again, he's got 29 other NHL teams to consider if he still thinks he can make a go of it.
I don't know, those video tributes couldn't have been just random. I think it may have been Dallas's final "thank you" to Modano in a way that wouldn't upset the fan base.

And I would agree that in the end the choice is Mike's. I certainly won't think any less of him if he feels he can still play and chooses to sign elsewhere, and neither should any of you. I had hoped he would end his career as a member of the Dallas Stars, and he still might, but Joe certainly isn't making it easy.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 06:00 PM
  #38
Chad_
 
Chad_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
I don't know, those video tributes couldn't have been just random. I think it may have been Dallas's final "thank you" to Modano in a way that wouldn't upset the fan base.

And I would agree that in the end the choice is Mike's. I certainly won't think any less of him if he feels he can still play and chooses to sign elsewhere, and neither should any of you. I had hoped he would end his career as a member of the Dallas Stars, and he still might, but Joe certainly isn't making it easy.
Consider for the past three (more?) years during the off-season Dallas fans have been 'bombarded' by talk of Modano contemplating retirement. Finally his contract is coming to an end, he's about to turn 40, is talking retirement and the mental drag of a season more than ever before (which is saying something) and all indications are, at that point, he probably would be retiring at the end of the season. There was even talk of him possibly becoming involved in an ownership group with the team predicated on his retiring.

With all that in mind, would it not be the classy or respectful thing for an organization to do to try to send him off the best way they could, believing he probably was going to hang up his skates? I was certain he was going to retire at the end of this season, and I still think he will. Heck, I thought he'd retire after the 2008-2009 season for that matter. I definitely think he should retire now, but I have just as much pull in that matter as the Dallas Stars do, which is to say none. Well, the Stars have 1/30th of a say on that matter, which is statistically irrelevant.

If he wants to continue to play and find another team willing to put up with his practice habits, his persona (good and bad), can fit whatever contract demands and playing time requests he has, go for it. Sure, it's not fun thinking of him putting on another sweater, but at the end of the day that's his call.

And on that Emmit Smith note: it was pretty clear he should have retired the year he left the Cowboys. He didn't have the skill in his 'old' bones he used to and he didn't seem to have that drive that a professional athlete needs to compete.

I feel the same way with Modano in that respect. Emmit needed to basically find out he didn't have a place to play for him to hang 'em up, and Modano will probably need that too.

Try altering your life and not wanting to recognize you're just too old to do what you've done for 30 or so years and your life is, essentially, winding down or at least moving in a completely new direction. It's not an easy thing to come to grips with

The Stars still had to do what was in their best interests, and at this point Modano isn't committed enough to merit the playing time he desires. In turn, Modano needs to do what is in his best interests, and if he decides that's to suit up for another team and play one or more seasons, that's his call, not that of the Dallas Stars. And that was my objection to Modano's comment.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:34 PM
  #39
Dave Karp
Registered User
 
Dave Karp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,697
vCash: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
You're forgetting Ott. Benn will play the exact same role this year that Modano had last year. 2nd unit half wall.

And Modano on the wing has never worked, it's not going to start now.
No, I really didn't forget Ott. I'd rather Mo than Ott on the PP. Morrow can be in front of the net. As for the wing, you're quite right. I was just trying to say I'd rather him be on the wing than not with the Stars at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Lehtinen doesn't come to the press either with veiled threats about playing for division rivals if he doesn't get his way. Modano's bluff got called out and now he's bent out of shape.

And the marketing thing... what? No one says, "Hey, who's on the Stars these days?? Oh right, that photogenic American, Mike Modano, who we've seen play for the last 16 years! Let's go to a Stars game."
You're right about Lehts. But I don't feel Modano was trying to "bluff" anyone. He wants to go somewhere will familiarity, nothing threatening about that.. especially if the Stars don't think he's useful.

As for marketing, you misunderstood what I meant. Although, I think you are downplaying his "name". I'm sure people do bring their friends/relatives to get a chance to see him. I was just saying in general, though, there aren't many names on the team that people will know (I'm talking the average fan). Modano is marketable still, especially to those type of fans, IMO.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
He's not being forced to retire. There are 29 other NHL teams he can be employed with if both sides wish to enter into an agreement. The Stars did not announce his retirement and cannot void any agreement Modano and whatever club reach, rather they just told him that if he wishes to continue to play he needs to do so elsewhere. That happens in sports and regular employment.

As for marketing the club, since you don't live in Dallas you might not realize this, but the Stars haven't exactly used Modano much to sell the club over the past few years. The loss of Turco just might have more of an impact on the Stars marketing efforts than Modano (who would have left anyways due to retirement and still might) since the Stars have issued a good deal of promotional material with Turco's mug on it in that same time period.
As for the first part, yeah, I misspoke. My fault. I meant to say "forced out." I feel he has the right to play for as long as he wants to with the team. I think my feelings would eventually change if he decided to go to Chelios status but I mean, what's one more year? The Stars aren't contenders. Did the Stars really need to keep Peterson, Barch, Sutherby, etc? Honestly, if the Stars had lowballed Mike or offered him something less than he wanted, I would've been "let him walk" if I truly felt it was hampering the team. As far I know, they just didn't even bother.

As for marketing, you're right I don't live in Dallas. I figured with him being an American and Dallas icon they would use him. I guess that was a poor assumption.

Dave Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:48 PM
  #40
Stevonidas
Wanna go pretty boy?
 
Stevonidas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Lone Star State
Country: United States
Posts: 982
vCash: 500
In two years I've seen this team go from Cup contenders to cellar dwellers. I've been a fan ever since the team first came to Big D 17 years ago. No longer. I'm through. THIS was the last straw. Between Hicks, and Nieuwendyk's insane management, combined with their callous treatment of Turco and Modano, they've managed to alienate a good portion of their fans at a time where they need every dime they can muster. Stupid, stupid.

But hey, at least they still have Tom "I-couldn't-hold-onto-a-puck-if-you-taped-it-to-my-stick" Muthaf*****n' Wandell.

I hope this team folds. Not moves. FOLDS. They deserve it.

Stevonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:49 PM
  #41
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 46,954
vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevonidas View Post
I've been a fan ever since the team first came to Big D 17 years ago. No longer. I'm through. THIS was the last straw.
k bai.

(Really you're pissed off about Turco?)

__________________
"Now when people ask me where I'm from, I tell them Texas. Dallas, Texas." - Mike Modano, March 8th, 2014

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:53 PM
  #42
Stevonidas
Wanna go pretty boy?
 
Stevonidas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Lone Star State
Country: United States
Posts: 982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
k bai.

(Really you're pissed off about Turco?)
I'm pissed off that he was basically told before the season ended that he wouldn't be back. Like it's his fault that he has no damn defense in front of him.

Does anyone honestly think Kari Lehtonen is going to be an upgrade?

At least Turco could make it through a whole season.

Stevonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:54 PM
  #43
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 46,954
vCash: 1495
Were you watching the same hockey I was?

Yes the defense was terrible infront of him, but good God. Turco has been absolutely AWFUL the past 2 seasons. It was time to part ways.

Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:13 PM
  #44
Stevonidas
Wanna go pretty boy?
 
Stevonidas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Lone Star State
Country: United States
Posts: 982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Were you watching the same hockey I was?

Yes the defense was terrible infront of him, but good God. Turco has been absolutely AWFUL the past 2 seasons. It was time to part ways.
I ask again: is Kari Lehtonen an UPGRADE?

Stevonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:16 PM
  #45
Alistar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Azores
Posts: 8,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevonidas View Post
I'm pissed off that he was basically told before the season ended that he wouldn't be back. Like it's his fault that he has no damn defense in front of him.

Does anyone honestly think Kari Lehtonen is going to be an upgrade?

At least Turco could make it through a whole season.
I think Lehtonen will be an upgrade yes. His play last season was an upgrade despite not having been on the rink for the entirety of the year previous to his first game with Dallas.

Modano is gone, that's too bad. I believe that Jamie Benn and Tom Wandell are the better options for the Stars right now at their positions (#2 and #3 centermen) so Nieuwendyk has made the right decision here.

** I guess I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, Ribeiro hasn't been traded yet

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:19 PM
  #46
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 46,954
vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevonidas View Post
I ask again: is Kari Lehtonen an UPGRADE?
Yes.

Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:51 PM
  #47
________
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,642
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevonidas View Post
In two years I've seen this team go from Cup contenders to cellar dwellers. I've been a fan ever since the team first came to Big D 17 years ago. No longer. I'm through. THIS was the last straw. Between Hicks, and Nieuwendyk's insane management, combined with their callous treatment of Turco and Modano, they've managed to alienate a good portion of their fans at a time where they need every dime they can muster. Stupid, stupid.

But hey, at least they still have Tom "I-couldn't-hold-onto-a-puck-if-you-taped-it-to-my-stick" Muthaf*****n' Wandell.

I hope this team folds. Not moves. FOLDS. They deserve it.

Seriously?

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:03 PM
  #48
Chad_
 
Chad_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo'sShow09 View Post
As for the first part, yeah, I misspoke. My fault. I meant to say "forced out." I feel he has the right to play for as long as he wants to with the team.
We're just going to disagree on this one. Modano was allegedly upset, or unhappy to some degree, that he wasn't more prominently featured on last year's team. Do you think he really earned that though?

Some nights, when he wanted to play, absolutely he did. But what about those other nights? Those nights when he just went through the motions? Unfortunately, those going through the motions nights were a more common occurrence as his career progressed.

If I'm coach, not only does the team lose all 82 games, but I'd have a hard time telling a player who wants to be out there that he's going to have to sit to allow a player who isn't showing the desire simply because he's a legend. I don't believe in legacy privilege when the entire reason for playing games is to win.

On that note and at this point, I think the current center lineup of Richards, Ribeiro, Benn and Wandell are all superior to Modano. Even if Ribeiro is traded, and I'm not certain he will be, Modano is fourth on that list in my view and that's not the role Modano wants for himself. I don't blame him one bit for it either.

I'm not certain he's going to find the fit he ultimately wants elsewhere either, but that's not to argue he won't sign with another club thinking he can make some waves up the depth chart. And if he does sign elsewhere, I'd expect his desire to play will spike, at least in the short term, and maybe we'll all be able to see at least some of the Modano of old, which would decidedly be a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevonidas View Post
I ask again: is Kari Lehtonen an UPGRADE?
He sure as heck is, and I've been as big of a Turco booster as there has been, but he's been awful for two straight seasons. Sure, he plays behind the NHL's worst defensive unit, but he's still been very bad.

And man he messed up not signing the alleged contract Philly offered. He won't get three years on the open market.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 10:29 PM
  #49
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 15,052
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Were you watching the same hockey I was?

Yes the defense was terrible infront of him, but good God. Turco has been absolutely AWFUL the past 2 seasons. It was time to part ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevonidas View Post
I ask again: is Kari Lehtonen an UPGRADE?
Being upset because of thinking with your heart in the case of Modano is one thing. But Lobo is right about Turco. Yes, the defense has been porous, but Turco has also let down his defensemen and his team on numerous occasions the last couple of seasons. He was always prone to giving up the softy, but he started to do it more and more often and in increasingly worse fashion.

Turco will likely rebound, especially because I think he specifically chooses a team that is already solid and with a good defense. He will also be highly motivated to prove the Stars wrong, IMO. None of that has any bearing on Stars though. His time here was over. It is foolish to look at what he gave this team over the last few years and think he would all of a sudden be worth his contract.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 10:29 PM
  #50
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Jesus Mike please retire.. dont tarnish your legacy

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.