HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 Flyers Prospects & Phantoms Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I think the less knowledgeable fans (those who don't frequent these boards) love Carcillo... and that portion of the fanbase is much larger than the fanbase here.

We are a very educated (for the most part), vocal minority.
Spot-on. Carbomb got a huge ovation from the crowd during the first home game and he was a center-point of our second half season opener video last year.

Old
10-14-2010, 12:21 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ahh only if Downie was still here

Downie-Rinaldo-Carcillo

The main board would be on suicide watch.

That line would just step on the ice and would get suspended.
No, more likely that line would step on the ice and it would be an instant powerplay for the opponents.

What makes anyone here believe that Rinaldo will ever make the Flyers roster anyway?

Old
10-14-2010, 12:21 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Quote:

Downie-Rinaldo-Carcillo

The main board would be on suicide watch.

That line would just step on the ice and would get suspended.
remember back when he had like 7 suspensions in one season and it seemed like people had the New thread option on the main board. it would be like that.
Rinaldo is never going to get a fair shake sadly. if he hit Pominville the way he was hit the other night he would be gone for 20 games.
yes i know Rinaldo made his own bed in junior hockey. But as Holmgren says "it is what it is"

Old
10-14-2010, 12:25 PM
CptCannon

Quote:
Truer words may never be spoken again.

Old
10-14-2010, 12:58 PM
FightingMajor

i will never forgive homer for trading downie.

Last edited by FightingMajor: 10-14-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old
10-14-2010, 01:02 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
No, more likely that line would step on the ice and it would be an instant powerplay for the opponents.

What makes anyone here believe that Rinaldo will ever make the Flyers roster anyway?
Personally, I hope he doesnt make it, but the Flyers like those kind of players. He will get time on the big squad jut cause of the team's mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCannon View Post
Truer words may never be spoken again.
Haha. Well being honest I was never the biggest Downie fan. I thought he had skill, but when he would lose his head I would get pissed. That being said I would take (and I think others would also) Downie night and day over Carcillo.

Old
10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Haha. Well being honest I was never the biggest Downie fan. I thought he had skill, but when he would lose his head I would get pissed. That being said I would take (and I think others would also) Downie night and day over Carcillo.
That's not really much of a contest given that in 86 fewer games Downie has scored the same number of goals (32) with just 1 fewer assist (34 to 35).

Frankly I don't understand the craze about Carcillo. Anytime he steps on the ice he is capable of taking a stupid penalty and I certainly cannot stand seeing him skating on the same line as Carter and Richards.

Old
10-14-2010, 01:15 PM
jb**

If Rinaldo displays any sort of talent (other than fighting ro what not), he will dress for the flyers at some point. They love and always will love that type of player. This imo is a throw away year for him somewhat as he will try to establish his reputation in the ahl and maybe not concentrate on improving his game as much as he should. 2 goals isnt bad at all this early in the year.

Old
10-14-2010, 01:21 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
If Rinaldo displays any sort of talent (other than fighting ro what not), he will dress for the flyers at some point. They love and always will love that type of player. This imo is a throw away year for him somewhat as he will try to establish his reputation in the ahl and maybe not concentrate on improving his game as much as he should. 2 goals isnt bad at all this early in the year.
I'll set the over/under for total goals at the end of the season at 6 and take the under.

Old
10-14-2010, 01:48 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I'll set the over/under for total goals at the end of the season at 6 and take the under.
You're gonna have to find someone who hasn't seen him play to take over.

Old
10-14-2010, 02:24 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
You're gonna have to find someone who hasn't seen him play to take over.
I will take the over just because. Power forward in the making !

Old
10-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Kaktus*

Maroon with 2 goals in 3 games. He looked ok in preseason too, maybe we will see him in a few NHL games this year?

Or are we going to wait for Nodl to find his 'scoring touch'?

Old
10-14-2010, 05:43 PM
mirimon

Another round up from SEL

Simon Bertilsson was -2 with 15.44 of ice time in a 7-4 loss when Brynäs IF took on current top team Luleå HF.

Joacim Eriksson saved 37 of 39 shots in a 4-2 win for Skellefteå over Frölunda. From a friend of mine who was at the game I can report that Frölunda was a lot better than Skellefteå in the first period and was really unlucky to only have scored two goals at that time.

Highlights: http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?c...d=283788744705

Mario Kempe was held pointless again in a 3-2 loss for Djurgården IF against Linköping HC. He played 10.22 without registering even a shot on goal.

Stats so far

Simon Bertilsson 5GP, 0G, 0A, 4 PIM, +2, 16.04 TOI
Mario Kempe 10 GP, 0G, 1A, 2 PIM, -3, 11.54 TOI
Joacim Eriksson 4GP, 89.6 SV%, 3.29 GAA

Last edited by mirimon: 10-14-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old
10-15-2010, 02:37 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Simon Bertilsson 5GP, 0G, 0A, 4 PIM, +2, 16.04 TOI
Mario Kempe 10 GP, 0G, 1A, 2 PIM, -3, 11.54 TOI
Joacim Eriksson 4GP, 89.6 SV%, 3.29 GAA
Kempe's numbers are dissapointing

Old
10-15-2010, 02:51 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Well good news is Eriksson seems to finally be adjusting to the talent level. Good to hear.

Old
10-15-2010, 03:24 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Kempe's numbers are dissapointing
He's having a really bad start to the season. There were even talks that his team would loan him to a club in a lower division, but for now he seems to at least keep his spot on the team.

That team has underachieved as a whole so far though, maybe they'll switch things up to get something going and Kempe can leave the 4th line. He's not suited for that line anyway.

Old
10-15-2010, 04:36 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I think the less knowledgeable fans (those who don't frequent these boards) love Carcillo... and that portion of the fanbase is much larger than the fanbase here.

We are a very educated (for the most part), vocal minority.
i think theres a very large portion of people who are going to love or hate a player simply because they play the role he does. the best agitators are very polarizing figures (see avery, barnaby) and thats carcillos job. the neandrethals will love him because he hits and fights and the pansies will hate him because he hits and fights. its not so much about uneducated vs educated as it is about what you want from your bottom 6

Old
10-15-2010, 04:42 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Maroon with 2 goals in 3 games. He looked ok in preseason too, maybe we will see him in a few NHL games this year?

Or are we going to wait for Nodl to find his 'scoring touch'?
I'd like to see Maroon break out and earn a spot on the roster to kick Carcillo out of the top 9.

It's been noted that our PP is struggling right now partially because we're not getting the garbage goals we normally get. That will adjust itself in time, but if we need garbage goals, Maroon's our man. He's looked pretty good out there for the Phantoms and was our best player in his lone preseason game.

Let's hope he continues and earns a call-up spot. He was my first choice over Nodl to make our top 9.

Old
10-15-2010, 04:57 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
I don't really think I consider Mario Kempe a real prospect anymore.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
10-15-2010, 05:01 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I'd like to see Maroon break out and earn a spot on the roster to kick Carcillo out of the top 9.
I'd love to see that, he has hands and is big and will hit. Hopefully he'll continue to improve his skating

Old
10-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I don't really think I consider Mario Kempe a real prospect anymore.
Yeah, I don't either.

As far as forward prospects that are capable of any kind of NHL scoring role (secondary or primary scoring), Legein and Maroon are our only real prospects. I think Holmstrom has a pretty good chance at being an NHL third liner, but I can't see him developing enough of an offensive game to be considered a secondary scorer.

Old
10-15-2010, 07:04 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingMajor View Post
i will never forgive homer for trading downie.
You know would be an awesome line in a world where refs didn't call penalties as easily?

Carcillo- Rinaldo- Downie

Old
10-15-2010, 07:12 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i think theres a very large portion of people who are going to love or hate a player simply because they play the role he does. the best agitators are very polarizing figures (see avery, barnaby) and thats carcillos job. the neandrethals will love him because he hits and fights and the pansies will hate him because he hits and fights. its not so much about uneducated vs educated as it is about what you want from your bottom 6
I think maybe you misunderstood me.

I wasn't implying every Carcillo lover was uneducated, I was implying that everyone who is uneducated loves Carcillo (big difference). There are also educated people who enjoy what he does and thinks it adds more to the team than it subtracts (I actually am of this position IF he is in the correct role).

Old
10-15-2010, 07:44 PM
hockeyphan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

It's been noted that our PP is struggling right now partially because we're not getting the garbage goals we normally get. That will adjust itself in time, but if we need garbage goals, Maroon's our man. He's looked pretty good out there for the Phantoms and was our best player in his lone preseason game.

Let's hope he continues and earns a call-up spot. He was my first choice over Nodl to make our top 9.
Maroon scored again tonight, Phantoms dominating the game so far about halfway through the second but the score is still only one nothing. I really like this guy doing the radio for the Phantoms. He really makes the game sound more exciting and is good at providing info on the teams and players. The guy is doing the play by play and color and doing a pretty decent job.

I wasn't as impressed with Maroon as most people were with his preseason game. With that said I'd like to see him get a shot, although I'd rather see Nodl get his shot first, I thought he was head and shoulders above all other Phantoms and 4th line players (including Carcillo) in the preseason. I would expect Nodl to at least not screw up plays and be solid defensively allowing Richards and Carter to be more effective. Carcillo just doesn't fit.

Old
10-15-2010, 07:55 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
Maroon scored again tonight, Phantoms dominating the game so far about halfway through the second but the score is still only one nothing. I really like this guy doing the radio for the Phantoms. He really makes the game sound more exciting and is good at providing info on the teams and players. The guy is doing the play by play and color and doing a pretty decent job.
Yeah the guy doing radio for the Phantoms is awesome.

Phantoms look good tonight for sure. (Now losing 2-1 though...god.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
I wasn't as impressed with Maroon as most people were with his preseason game. With that said I'd like to see him get a shot, although I'd rather see Nodl get his shot first, I thought he was head and shoulders above all other Phantoms and 4th line players (including Carcillo) in the preseason. I would expect Nodl to at least not screw up plays and be solid defensively allowing Richards and Carter to be more effective. Carcillo just doesn't fit.
I don't agree Nodl should get a shot before Maroon, but that's because Maroon is offensively competent.

Nodl is solid, even very good, at mostly everything expect within a 10 foot circle around the net. It's scary how much he can screw up the simplest thing when it comes to providing offense. The most he can realistically do is win the pucks and get those pucks to his teammates. I don't know what else to say about that. It's one of the most bizarre problems I've seen in a long time.

I like Nodl over Carcillo or Powe in the top 9, but not by much.

Closed Thread