HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mail In for Autograph?

Old
01-19-2011, 01:55 AM
Liloldadyo*

vCash: 500
Mail In for Autograph?

A lot of teams have a "contact us" section at the bottom of their website where you can mail something in to a certain player and they will sign it and return it. My friend's birthday is coming up in April and I was looking to get Rick Nash to try and do this (my friend idolizes Nash like nothing I've ever seen before) but the Blue Jackets don't seem to have a portion of their website like this.

Is there something I don't know about or do they just not do this.

Liloldadyo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:17 AM
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!

Hmmm...Unfortunately I've personally never heard of something like that here. I do work across the street from Nationwide and players come in somewhat frequently, if Nash happens to come in, (I will state that he hasn't yet as long as I have worked there) I'll get him to sign something and I'll send it to you. One fan to another.

HoldFast13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:07 AM
Happy Pony

I would guess it to be

ATTN: Rick Nash
200 W. Nationwide Blvd
Columbus, OH 43215

I've mailed things to people @ the arena in the fashion before, but never to a player or requesting an autograph so I'm not positive if this is correct.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:16 AM
CBJFreak

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to CBJFreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pony View Post
I would guess it to be

ATTN: Rick Nash
200 W. Nationwide Blvd
Columbus, OH 43215

I've mailed things to people @ the arena in the fashion before, but never to a player or requesting an autograph so I'm not positive if this is correct.
It use to be.....I mailed a request to Luke Richardson. Took my sister to her first game back when he was captain, and she immediately fell in love with him. Since she had just finished up chemo for her breast cancer, I thought it would be a great idea if I could get her an autographed photo.

Sent my letter to the address listed above, and about 4 days letter, Luke had sent an autographed photo with a very touch message on it that I had framed for her.

CBJFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:37 AM
brian29

I used to write to players for autographs years ago. Most would send me an autographed promo pic, or sign a card i sent them. I used the team addresses that were listed in the back of Beckett card price guides. Not sure if they still have those or not, but if they do you might try that.

brian29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Inquiring Minds

I heard that they were autographing items for a donation at the Guest Bartender gig last week at the R Bar.

I think most of the guys would be accommodating if you mailed the item to the Arena. Maybe even more accommodating if you put it in a postage paid return package. Maybe most accommodating if you enclosed a check to the Blue Jackets Foundation with a note ("Missed you at the fundraiser, could you....?")

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:00 PM
JacketsFanWest

Not sure if this still works, but when I was a kid I used to write to my favorite NHL players, send one of their hockey cards with a self-addressed, stamped return envelope.

I always received the cards back and signed.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
leoleo3535

One of the best options is to go thru the players agent.

In Rick's case:

Agent:
Joseph Resnick
Company:
Top Shelf Sports Management Inc.
21 Hopperton Drive
North York, Ontario
M2L 2S5
CANADA Contact Information:
Phone: 416-445-6855
Fax: 416-445-2930

leoleo3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquiring Minds View Post
I heard that they were autographing items for a donation at the Guest Bartender gig last week at the R Bar.

I think most of the guys would be accommodating if you mailed the item to the Arena. Maybe even more accommodating if you put it in a postage paid return package. Maybe most accommodating if you enclosed a check to the Blue Jackets Foundation with a note ("Missed you at the fundraiser, could you....?")
this would be the most effective way...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
umbyforpresident

I wonder if they accept large boxes... something tells me Cougar may have addressed herself to Boll's attention at some point in the last couple of years.

umbyforpresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Gulvorn

Is this a friend or a significant other? You must be a really good friend if you actually plan out birthday gifts 3 months in advance for a friend.

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Cujorulesdtown9
Wearing Clown Shoes

Writing to players is a good idea for autographs with SASE. I've done this many times with cbj players/coaches. Nash is tricky though, send ASAP, he takes a while and usually only signs one item. (Ive had to send to him 4 times to get a good autograph because 3 were smudged in the mail.)

Address as I put them was

Rick Nash
C/O Columbus Blue Jackets
Nationwide Arena
200 W. Nationwide Blvd
Columbus, OH 43215

Cujorulesdtown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Liloldadyo*

Thanks guys.

And Yea we've been best friends since we were 3 and we're 19 now so I figure a little effort wont hurt me.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:00 PM
punk_o_holic

I have heard that Nash will sign through the mail but some things to consider....

1)With the season going on and with Nash being on the road at times, along with other fans asking for auto's, not sure how fast you'll receive the auto.

2)Might want to send what you want signed. The team may have a little photo that Nash may sign though.

3)Add stamps/postage money. I know Nash can afford stamps but I hear others will add stamps/postage money to be polite.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Gulvorn

I couldn't get a Nash autograph so I had to settle for a Jake Voracek autograph which when signed looks like "Jo li uu/" I'm not sure what that means.

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Liloldadyo*

Oh yes I plan to send stamps and the whole lot. I don't know how much would be required to send from Columbus to Calgary but I'll figure it out.

And I know he might take a while which is why I'm sending it in 3 months early.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:06 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 2250
Have you checked out ebay? I know that Nash signed some pucks that were given away this season for people buying tickets. Maybe some of that stuff ended up on there.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:37 PM
Liloldadyo*

I just read the second reply. Thatd be awesome. If possible, "Happy Birthday Mitch" would also be awesome

Old
01-20-2011, 10:07 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbyforpresident View Post
I wonder if they accept large boxes... something tells me Cougar may have addressed herself to Boll's attention at some point in the last couple of years.
That would be a SMALL box, thank you!!

Who needs this information? We are looking to get Mitch a birthday autograph? I think someone already said it but it would have been soooo easy to take your jersey or whatever over to the Celebrity Bartending thing and got it done with a smile and a tip (in BOLL's jar, thanks!)

But since you didn't....there are some great suggestions here. You'll get your stuff signed. These guys are the best!

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote