HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around Hockey VI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2011, 02:11 PM
CBJCougar

vCash: 500
Is anyone else having fits trying to enter the NHL contest today? I am!!

Old
01-01-2011, 03:53 PM
99 CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
How many scramblers can you say have won the SB?
I know it's just one and he didn't win the SB, but Fran Tarkington of Minn. Vikings was a scrambler and did go to multiple SB and lost.

As for hockey I would rather watch Ovechkin play over Crosby any day.

Old
01-01-2011, 04:29 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
I love them both, but I have to say that in my opinion Crosby has the more passion for the game than Ovechkin. While Ovechkin concentrates on getting flame-painted skates or creates new ways to celebrate goals, Crosby concentrates on the actual game and is finding ways to get better in it. Right now it's so clear to see which approach is getting better results. It's interesting to see, if Ovechkin can raise his game back to where it was earlier... And most importantly, can he get his team to have the chance of touching the Stanley Cup.
I was watching the 2008 Winter Classic earlier today. One thing I think Sid definitely has over Ovie is the team. Sid has way more talent around him that Alex does. Sid's recent run of 26 games in which he had a point, not always a goal(s) per game, some were assists, makes that clear.

Michael Jordan is a great basketball player but I don't think he would have the legacy he has had Chicago not picked up Scotty Pippin. Joe Montana achieved greatness as a 49'er with an incredible offensive line. Once he moved to Kansas City in the final stage of his career, he was still a premiere QB but did not see the same success with KC that he had with the Niners due to the lack of support talent. That is where I think Sid has it over Alex. In order to elevate to that next level, I think, you have to have support around you that allows you to showcase your talent or maximize it.

Old
01-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
The whole conversation was ridiculous, meant to be that way, just a little fun. See the above comments about who is uglier. As for the choosing between one or the other, that was the gist of the convo. (Which one do you like better) Of course Sid has the hardware to prove he's better. We all know that DSL. There isn't a day that goes by, especially lately, that we haven't been spoon fed Sid's greatness. As for passion including some abandon, sure. Whatever words you want to describe it, I like it. It brings excitement and that is why I watch. If I wanted to watch Disney on Ice, I would. But I don't. I watch hockey. And being a Jackets fan hints that I am going to cheer for the underdog. Go Caps!

Not sure where you were going with the Manning/Vick comparison unless to say that although Manning has more hardware, Vick may be the better athlete because he's faster but Manning is the better Quarterback cause he can stand in the pocket and make better throws, whereas Vick can get chased from the pocket and still make good plays because he runs. BUT being an athlete in QB will never work is because doing so will get you hurt. The great SB champions of the past, Montana, Brady, Brees, Manning, are all pocket passers. How many scramblers can you say have won the SB? AND in that I will choose Manning every time because of his personality.
Well of course you're right and I went overboard a bit. But don't miss that I said I get the excitement about the style of Ovy's play, thus the Vick comparison - something totally insane/transcendent might happen at any time. Also note that I didn't suggest we should choose one or the other. Merely that any implication Ovy out-passion-s Crosby is silly - which you seem comfortable with attempoting to express in another way.

And don't think dudes don't know which other dudes are good looking - although I have to admit sometimes we don't see what women see.

Old
01-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Handyy

Quote:
I was watching the 2008 Winter Classic earlier today. One thing I think Sid definitely has over Ovie is the team. Sid has way more talent around him that Alex does. Sid's recent run of 26 games in which he had a point, not always a goal(s) per game, some were assists, makes that clear.
Strange, I thought the team aspect as well and favored it for Ovechkin. He has Backstrom, one of the best passers in the game, to feed him the puck. Alex Semin as well on the PP, Mike Green on the point. Crosby has Kunitz and Letang. If I could choose between those players for Crosby, I'd choose what Caps have. Malkin of course was injured most of his point streak.

Old
01-01-2011, 06:26 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Well of course you're right and I went overboard a bit. But don't miss that I said I get the excitement about the style of Ovy's play, thus the Vick comparison - something totally insane/transcendent might happen at any time. Also note that I didn't suggest we should choose one or the other. Merely that any implication Ovy out-passion-s Crosby is silly - which you seem comfortable with attempting to express in another way.

And don't think dudes don't know which other dudes are good looking - although I have to admit sometimes we don't see what women see.
LOL No problem DSL, you're always fun to chat with. Always interesting!! As a matter of preference I'm gonna cheer for the poor little ugly guy who is trying to dethrone the King because somewhere deep inside me I need to believe anything is possible!

Old
01-01-2011, 06:31 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
Strange, I thought the team aspect as well and favored it for Ovechkin. He has Backstrom, one of the best passers in the game, to feed him the puck. Alex Semin as well on the PP, Mike Green on the point. Crosby has Kunitz and Letang. If I could choose between those players for Crosby, I'd choose what Caps have. Malkin of course was injured most of his point streak.
I know, Handyy, it would make sense...and yet, the difference in their respective seasons/Stanley Cup wins, ect., says otherwise. Shall we factor in fate? Mojo? The alignment of the planets? I just took the easy way out, the reality based idea that right this minute, the Pens are the stronger team. OR they know how to close out the deal. Something. The Caps have talent but it doesn't seem to take them all the way down the yellow brick road. Yet.

Maybe DSL is right. The difference might be Crosby. (Who still cannot grow a decent hair on his face)

Old
01-01-2011, 06:48 PM
BluejacketNut

The ice was looking pretty bad in the warmups for the winter classic, i can see the puck sticking in puddles through the game until the temp drops

Old
01-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
NBC sucks at showing hockey games. Not one decent camera angle tonight. Can't see ****.

Old
01-01-2011, 08:32 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
NBC sucks at showing hockey games. Not one decent camera angle tonight. Can't see ****.
That's for sure, TW, I can't imagine how anyone could watch this on SD! I can barely figure out where the puck is in HD, the angle and view keeps shifting and all coherence disappears.

Old
01-01-2011, 08:37 PM
MFRONE

Chimera being Chimera

Old
01-01-2011, 08:46 PM
MisterC

Send a message via AIM to MisterC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Chimera being Chimera
I think every CBJ fan watching saw that and said the exact same thing. That man never saw an empty net he couldn't miss.

Old
01-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
I think every CBJ fan watching saw that and said the exact same thing. That man never saw an empty net he couldn't miss.
Or glass behind the net that he didn't want to break.

Old
01-01-2011, 09:33 PM
eljefe72

I haven't been able to see the entire game, but has he had any off-sides called on him too?

Old
01-01-2011, 09:37 PM
anteater90

Chimera with a beautiful primary assist on the 3rd Washington goal! And on the earlier wrap around Orpik made a fantastic defensive stick check.

Old
01-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Tampa Bay gets their goalie. They get Dwayne Roloson for Ty Wishart

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...for-islanders/

Howson asleep at the Switch again.

01-01-2011, 09:40 PM
anteater90

Do no want Roloson here even for a bag of pucks and I mean the blue mini-mite ones.

Old
01-01-2011, 10:08 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Tampa Bay gets their goalie. They get Dwayne Roloson for Ty Wishart

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...for-islanders/

Howson asleep at the Switch again.
I don't get it. What in the world would we want another D propspect or Roloson for???

Old
01-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
I don't get it. What in the world would we want another D propspect or Roloson for???
Joking. Much like Anteater, I wouldn't want Roloson on the team even if we did have a need.

Old
01-01-2011, 10:13 PM
anteater90

Quote:
Joking. Much like Anteater, I wouldn't want Roloson on the team even if we did have a need.
Samkow

Thank you. We do not always see eye to eye but I thought you had lost your frikin mind.

Ant

Old
01-01-2011, 10:19 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
whew. felt like I was reading the jackets FB page there for a minute.

Old
01-01-2011, 10:19 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by anteater90 View Post
Chimera with a beautiful primary assist on the 3rd Washington goal! And on the earlier wrap around Orpik made a fantastic defensive stick check.
Thank you. I LOVED it!! So happy for Jason. Good guy!!

Old
01-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Good game last night. Glad to see the Caps punk the Pens.

Also watched the Sabres v Bruins game on the computer. Holy crap was that a fun one to watch.

Hope all the Caps fans in Heinz field taunted the hell out of the Pens fans, but then again, they probably have some class, so never-mind.

Old
01-02-2011, 10:44 AM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

This sucks.
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/dal101230.html

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
Old
01-02-2011, 11:57 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2usp View Post
Can't blame them for trying, but I can't see him signing. He's as rare a player as there is in the league, and 50-70% of the teams in the league needs a player like him.

Puts Dallas in a sucky position though...if they can't get it done before the deadline and are still in it, their GM is really in a pickle..

-John

Closed Thread