HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gauthier's off season work so far...

Old
06-29-2010, 10:47 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
No just realistic. And THANKS GOD for this. Last sumer, everybody was aldready saying how superior of a hockey player he was to Lats... We all saw how in turned up to be... And I'm not even that big of a Lats fan.

Pacioretty was virtually useless last year, and has been hurt pretty much his whole stint down in Hamilton. You're deluded if you think he's NHL ready. Let him develop in the AHL for christ sake.
I wasn't talking about giving him a spot in the lineup.
I was talking about not signing UFA'S at 3M when there's such a guy in our system.

Falters? Doesn't seem ready at the training camp? Find MAB 2.0 playing left wing. Not in July.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 10:48 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I suppose, although I would not trade Hal Gill, I'd focus on resigning him for cheaper the year after.
Well... make it about 10,5M to play with in that case

We're in GREAT cap shape after next season. We even have some bucks to try and find an upgrade on Hamrlik, likely for cheaper though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I wasn't talking about giving him a spot in the lineup.
I was talking about not signing UFA'S at 3M when there's such a guy in our system.

Falters? Doesn't seem ready at the training camp? Find MAB 2.0 playing left wing. Not in July.
"such a guy in our system"

Get off the koolaid, and let the guy actually get his 10th career goal in the AHL before speaking of him as "such a guy".

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Infliction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
He also fired/let go many scouts.

He did a poor job, getting depth when we need impact players.

He's done a great job so far and we have a solid amount of cap space left, how can you say hes done a poor job when its not even July 1st..? Compare how much hes done so far to everyone else in the league, we've been the most active. Not only that, he's made shrewd moves that are going to benefit us in big ways. We have some scoring, we just need one more talented top 6er to put us over the top. Dont be so quick to put down Gauthier because everyone else in the city is. He's done a genuinely good job in the short period he's had.

Infliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:10 PM
RememberRoger*
apt w/ 2 sexy ladies

this is wishful thinking but for the amount of $$ PG might be inclined to pay Frolov, why not throw an offer sheet James Neal's way?

RememberRoger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Infliction

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberRoger View Post
this is wishful thinking but for the amount of $$ PG might be inclined to pay Frolov, why not throw an offer sheet James Neal's way?
I would be friggin thrilled if they did.

Infliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infliction View Post
i wonder if the 2nd from the fisher compensation could be used to sign RFAs

i don't know why it wouldn't

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:15 PM
not quite yoda

I don't understand why we wouldn't re-sign Moore. He was our top face-off man and an integral part of our 3rd line. Far more valuable than say Moen at about the same price.

Furthermore, letting Moore go is kind of like GIVING the 3rd centerman job to Edler without him even having to show up to training camp... kind of like we gave an unearned spot to Patches before he was ready.

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:16 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
I don't understand why we wouldn't re-sign Moore. He was our top face-off man and an integral part of our 3rd line. Far more valuable than say Moen at about the same price.

Furthermore, letting Moore go is kind of like GIVING the 3rd centerman job to Edler without him even having to show up to training camp... kind of like we gave an unearned spot to Patches before he was ready.
Its Eller....And Like i've been saying How do we know Moore would have signed for 1.5 million. Last year he was left unsigned till the last week before TC because he was holding out for big bucks.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Quote:

Eller was already playing on st louis's 3rd line and eller is much more seasoned than patches. Moore probably outpriced himself. and with our cap situation, we need a little breathing room.

Old
06-29-2010, 11:26 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard4u2win View Post
Eller was already playing on st louis's 3rd line and eller is much more seasoned than patches. Moore probably outpriced himself. and with our cap situation, we need a little breathing room.
you mean for 8 or 10 games?

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:28 PM
TankEller*

Quote:

It has nothing to do with Pacioretty's situation. Eller already did dominate the AHL, whereas Patches still have to record his 10th career goal down there.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Quote:
you mean for 8 or 10 games?
He's seasoned and has had 7 games on a 3rd line role. He has a whole summer to improve. Im not saying we should just leave moore and put eller in but im not opposed to it. Even minimal NHL experience is helpful.

Old
06-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Quote:
It has nothing to do with Pacioretty's situation. Eller already did dominate the AHL, whereas Patches still have to record his 10th career goal down there.
agree 100%

Old
06-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Eller produced less than David Desharnais. His spot on the team is far from secure imo.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Eller produced less than David Desharnais. His spot on the team is far from secure imo.
You keep saying this, but I don't think you realize that Eller was playing on one of the worst teams in the AHL..

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:51 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
You keep saying this, but I don't think you realize that Eller was playing on one of the worst teams in the AHL..
1 year younger
6-7 inches taller
30 more pounds

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 12:08 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
1 year younger
6-7 inches taller
30 more pounds
+ worse line mates.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 12:18 AM
alexstream

Quote:
d'oł tu sors toi?

lawl

man, this is another clueless comment.

The guy was a rookie, first season in NA, adaptating to a new system, a new language, etc. as a rookie, it was a pretty good season apparently (heard of it, read about it, not just looking at the stats and comparing them to Crosby, then to Desharnais). Experts say he has the size, the talent, the poise to make it to NHL even maybe starting this fall.

Either you really have something against Eller & Gauthier, it's a personal affair and you are extremely biased
or
you just fail to try to understand anything reasonably.

guess whose ahl rookie stats these are:
2002-03 Hamilton AHL 77 19 27 46

-> Tomas frikkin Plekanec

compare apples with apples if you want to "compare stats", although, as far as "prospects" are concerned, stats don't always mean much.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 05:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I just dont get the point of losing Moore... I really dont get why he hasnt been signed yet. I doubt he hates montreal and doesnt wanna come back. The guy was a stud every game he played.
He probably wants more than we can pay a 3rd or 4th line center(2+ mil). With Eller centering the 3rd line in all probability, we're not going to spend more than 800k-1mil on a 4th line center.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 06:33 AM
stubbadub

I just like how PG is screwing with the market. He's adding his touch of chemistry to make things really awkward for other GMs to work with. Giving a second rounder for Moore prevented other teams from trading at the deadline. Every GM thought they could get 1st rounders for their players after that. Trading SK was imperative to the success of this team, he's going to make another really weird move coming up to mess with other GMs signings. His waves seem to have a pretty neat ripple effect over the other Gms in the league. But that goes to say that every move made in the NHL impacts other teams.

stubbadub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infliction View Post
Dallas will match. Just trade for him, they have so many LWers it's not even funny.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 06:52 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Given up 2 2nd round picks with nothing on the roster to show for it
Traded the team MVP and top 5 goalie for a long shot 3rd liner.
Traded Sergei Kostitsyn for nothing.

So far he's an F, which usually is short for Failure. In this case it's for "_ucking this team".

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post

So far he's an F, which usually is short for Failure. In this case it's for "_ucking this team".
lol
The only failure I see is your post and your knowledge of hockey

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post

I love what Pierre Gauthier has done because of posts like this.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 07:37 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I love what Pierre Gauthier has done because of posts like this.
I was none to happy when Bob stepped down and they hired on his replacement. However, aisde from the Halak trade, which I still don't like at all, I really like what PG is doing.

He's not afraid to make moves even if they're going against the fan base. I've been ok with most of his moves. Right now I'd give him a B-. If not for the Halak trade I would give him an A-. This trade could still be a win for PG if Eller turns out to be what many think he will.

I think there were other ways to move salary without removing our best player, maybe I am wrong, but I think Hammer or Spacek can be moved and perhaps they still will be.

So far I am a huge fan of the post Gainey era. Anything but standing pat when your team is clearly not good enough. I like PG's approach, he's not afraid to make some noise, while seemingly carrying himself with the calm, thoughtful approach Gainey did.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote