HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Souray/Clowe (SJ/EDM) and Murray/Chimera (WSH/SJ)

Old
06-29-2010, 08:25 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Congratulations JP8. You have performed the rare HFB feat of making a trade proposal that is not immediately hated by fans of both teams, and that generally seems to address the needs of both teams.

You Sir, deserve a reward!!
It feels like only yesterday when I proposed this

Heatley
Marleau
Wallin
Murray
for
Doughty.

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Are you sure we can't leave you with Souray as a top pairing guy and get Gilbert and Cogs instead?

We'll include Murray in the Edmonton deal and worry about trying to add Chimera or someone similar later.
Considering Souray doesn't want to be here, I think that would be a tough sell to the guy.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Lessy

As an Oiler fan I'm very surprised at the reaction from Shark fans with respect to that first proposal. Maybe it's because Clowe would be one of my top targets this offseason but I'd be willing to add substantially to that first deal to pick up Clowe. Murray would be a fine pickup as well for the Oil.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Congratulations JP8. You have performed the rare HFB feat of making a trade proposal that is not immediately hated by fans of both teams, and that generally seems to address the needs of both teams.

You Sir, deserve a reward!!
Stop! You're encouraging him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPavs8
It feels like only yesterday when I proposed this

Heatley
Marleau
Wallin
Murray
for
Doughty.
Trial-and-error learning?

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Considering Souray doesn't want to be here, I think that would be a tough sell to the guy.
Ehh, move him to Dallas. They have a couple of young blue-liners I think that they can move and they need a guy with good shot. Plus, you know Niewy would love to have him.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:30 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
Stop! You're encouraging him!

Trial-and-error learning?
I'll bet you I can make a few better ones.

Old
06-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
As an Oiler fan I'm very surprised at the reaction from Shark fans with respect to that first proposal. Maybe it's because Clowe would be one of my top targets this offseason but I'd be willing to add substantially to that first deal to pick up Clowe. Murray would be a fine pickup as well for the Oil.
Why do you think I want replace Souray with Gilbert? The Sharks NEED a reliable Top-4 defenseman. But not just reliable in play, but reliable in health. That's why I don't want Souray. We are going to be so up against the cap that if he has his usual injuries issues we may not be able to bring guys up replace him and stay under the cap.

Clowe is an attractive enough piece that I think the Sharks should be able to get someone better than Souray (health, age, and reliability-wise). Murray is also an attractive asset. I don't want to just dump salary for those guys, I want actual good assets.

We can always waive Huskins and Mitchell if absolutely necessary and stick them in the minors for the rest of the year.

Old
06-29-2010, 08:34 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

San Jose didn't want Chimera last year...Howson offered Chimmer in a trade last summer.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:35 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

Quote:
Why do you think I want replace Souray with Gilbert? The Sharks NEED a reliable Top-4 defenseman. But not just reliable in play, but reliable in health. That's why I don't want Souray. We are going to be so up against the cap that if he has his usual injuries issues we may not be able to bring guys up replace him and stay under the cap.

Clowe is an attractive enough piece that I think the Sharks should be able to get someone better than Souray (health, age, and reliability-wise). Murray is also an attractive asset. I don't want to just dump salary for those guys, I want actual good assets.

We can always waive Huskins and Mitchell if absolutely necessary and stick them in the minors for the rest of the year.
I'd love Gilbert, but it would be very hard to get him. I think it would take something like Clowe+Murray for Gilbert+

Old
06-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Lessy

Quote:

Makes sense. I'm probably in the minority when it comes to Oiler fans but I'd do Gilbert for Clowe straight up.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPavs8Cluthcy View Post
I'd love Gilbert, but it would be very hard to get him. I think it would take something like Clowe+Murray for Gilbert+
Yeah, but there are other guys out there besides Souray. Gilbert in Carolina is reportedly available for the right price, and they could probably actually use Huskins and Mitchell. Give them a shot on the last years of their deals and see if they want to keep them. They wanted Joslin as part of the Wallin deal, so maybe Clowe+Mitchell+Joslin for Gleason and a 2nd (or 3rd). Gleason won't provide anywhere near the offensive numbers Souray would, but he's a heck of lot better defensively and he's only 27. Best of all, his cap hit is only $2.75 mil.

Or there is Kurtis Foster who is a UFA and would fill in the Top 4 fine. My point is there are other options than Souray, and almost all of them (other than Gonchar) are better options.

Old
06-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

I'm much more interested in Murray than Clowe.

We have 3 NHL defenceman signed. Gilbert, Whitney, and Smid. We need D.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:45 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
San Jose didn't want Chimera last year...Howson offered Chimmer in a trade last summer.
Well we'd want him now. I promise...

Old
06-29-2010, 08:48 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
I'm much more interested in Murray than Clowe.

We have 3 NHL defenceman signed. Gilbert, Whitney, and Smid. We need D.
OK, I'd totally do that instead!

Old
06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Tealblood

Quote:
Well we'd want him now. I promise...
true, last summer dw was getting a killer deal on malhotra, why would he take chimera at that point.

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:52 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarByte View Post
true, last summer dw was getting a killer deal on malhotra, why would he take chimera at that point.
You see, I told you I could make a great trade proposal!

Old
06-29-2010, 09:00 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Clowe/Murray for Souray/Cogliano/+ seems like a good deal IMO

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:01 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
Clowe/Murray for Souray/Cogliano/Gilbert seems fair IMO
I fixed it for you. I'm such a saint!

Old
06-29-2010, 09:08 PM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

No interest in Mitchell or Huskins. I'd rather tell Souray to sit at home for the year then take on multiple bad contracts and take ice time away from our young guys...especially if we're adding Cogliano. Definitely wouldn't bite on this deal.

Yesterday's Clowe + Murray for Cogliano + Souray + Pick proposal sounded much more reasonable and actually addresses some of our team needs. Clowe's contract is about a million more then I'm comfortable with...but I guess that's why he's on the table to begin with. I like the grit and solid play both he and Murray could bring to our team though. So...ya. Just my 2 cents!

JJTopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:14 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kAsT View Post
No interest in Mitchell or Huskins. I'd rather tell Souray to sit at home for the year then take on multiple bad contracts and take ice time away from our young guys...especially if we're adding Cogliano. Definitely wouldn't bite on this deal.

Yesterday's Clowe + Murray for Cogliano + Souray + Pick proposal sounded much more reasonable and actually addresses some of our team needs. Clowe's contract is about a million more then I'm comfortable with...but I guess that's why he's on the table to begin with. I like the grit and solid play both he and Murray could bring to our team though. So...ya. Just my 2 cents!
Wow dude, talk about homerism, wow...

Old
06-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Tealblood

Quote:
You see, I told you I could make a great trade proposal!
oilers fans like the revised version of my deal more. Which is murray/clowe for souray/cogs+a pick of some sort.

My first proposal was just to get the reaction from both sides, trial and error haha, and yes it was bad, but it was bare bones to get things going.

Your proposal is very similar to what we had going at the end of yesterday except you send murray to another team for chimera(imo mcginn or couture could take clowe's spot in the top six quite easily).

I agree with the oilers fans that are saying throwing all of our crappy contracts at them kills your proposals. We're better off trading huskins and mitchell in separate deals to different teams for picks(or waiving them if needed). They don't need role players when they've got a lot of youth competing for ice time.

Old
06-29-2010, 09:30 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarByte View Post
oilers fans like the revised version of my deal more. Which is murray/clowe for souray/cogs+a pick of some sort.

My first proposal was just to get the reaction from both sides, trial and error haha, and yes it was bad, but it was bare bones to get things going.

Your proposal is very similar to what we had going at the end of yesterday except you send murray to another team for chimera(imo mcginn or couture could take clowe's spot in the top six quite easily).

I agree with the oilers fans that are saying throwing all of our crappy contracts at them kills your proposals. We're better off trading huskins and mitchell in separate deals to different teams for picks(or waiving them if needed). They don't need role players when they've got a lot of youth competing for ice time.
Only one fan said that...

Old
06-29-2010, 09:32 PM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:
Wow dude, talk about homerism, wow...
Not sure how that's homerism. Maybe I think more highly of Cogliano then you or something...so then it's just a matter of how much you like him. It's not like I'm saying Cogs is a 70 point guy or anything, but I feel he has the ability put up just as good of numbers as Clowe (if not more) at a much younger age and a fraction of the cost..minus the physical play of course.

And while Souray's value has been deflated by injury concerns and a trade request, he's still a great player. /shrug

Trades need to make sense for both teams. I can't tell you what the Sharks would consider acceptable. I can only offer my opinion from an Oiler fan perspective. The original deal just doesn't suit our needs. If you don't see the value in Cogs and Souray, I'm not sure why you guys would want them anyway.

JJTopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:35 PM
HemskyToHall*

I wonder why sharks fans are down on Clowe, he's a 50 point power forward.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Tealblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyPwnsSoccer View Post
I wonder why sharks fans are down on Clowe, he's a 50 point power forward.
We need D to replace blake, and clowe's got the biggest 2nd liner contract(note: we just signed marleau and just traded for heater last offseason and DW isn't one to trade guys who were recently acquired).

Some fans would rather trade seto, but he's only 23 and we can't lose our only young scorer at this point, would kill our prospect pool.

Noone's out for clowe's head, it's just a matter of the circumstances pointing toward him being the first to go.