Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2011, 08:10 AM
nickschultzfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
This.

The CBA expiration means that any ELC bonuses count against the current year, not the next.
Those ******** are changing the rules on me....

Old
03-31-2011, 09:12 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I still don't get why everyone is hung up on the potential cap hit for next season.

The more likely scenario is that he takes a similar route as Wellman and is in the AHL next season and sees a limited stretch of games here and there.

Of coarse the other option is he looks good and takes a roster spot. That should be seen as a positive and not something worth worrying over a cap hit. If he's that good and worth the hit, the front office can shuffle the deck chairs and make room for him.

All in all, as a fan of this team, I'm much more interested in whether the kid can play. Not a silly number.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
03-31-2011, 09:37 AM
nickschultzfan

I think Fletcher is signaling that all our UFAs are gone and he's not going after any major UFAs either.

Old
03-31-2011, 09:40 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Those ******** are changing the rules on me....
lol. Yeah. Right about when Russo tweeted about this yesterday, I started trying to decipher the CBA. It made my head hurt, so I stopped. Thankfully, he outlined it in his blog and a few guys from TSN also outlined the same thing...

I'm still cracking up about the Euro date confusion...

Europe uses about four different date formats, depending on the country.

France uses DD-MM-YYYY. Germany/Poland use YYYY-MM-DD. The UK uses MM-DD-YYYY. Several eastern block countries, when splitting off, decided to use an "international" standard of DD-MON-YYYY.

For IT purposes, the format of YYYY-MM-DD really makes sorting and categorizations a lot easier... as long as a single digit month has a 0...

Old
03-31-2011, 10:59 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Seems Ottawa signed Da Costa

Old
03-31-2011, 11:07 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
lol. Yeah. Right about when Russo tweeted about this yesterday, I started trying to decipher the CBA. It made my head hurt, so I stopped. Thankfully, he outlined it in his blog and a few guys from TSN also outlined the same thing...

I'm still cracking up about the Euro date confusion...

Europe uses about four different date formats, depending on the country.

France uses DD-MM-YYYY. Germany/Poland use YYYY-MM-DD. The UK uses MM-DD-YYYY. Several eastern block countries, when splitting off, decided to use an "international" standard of DD-MON-YYYY.

For IT purposes, the format of YYYY-MM-DD really makes sorting and categorizations a lot easier... as long as a single digit month has a 0...

This is why I always just use the abbreviations (as in 31 Mar 2011) whenever possible.

Also ****. Dammit Ottawa.

Old
03-31-2011, 11:10 AM
BuddyMcCormick

Source? I'm not seeing anything on TSN.ca or ESPN.

Scratch that. Just got the Russo update.

What are some other good UDFA that the Wild could/are pursue/pursuing?

Last edited by BuddyMcCormick: 03-31-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old
03-31-2011, 11:27 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Also ****. Dammit Ottawa.
I'm not really all that bummed about it.

/shrug

Although, it would have been fun to see a;

Latendresse - Da Costa - Bouchard "French Connection" line...

lol

Old
03-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

No Da Costa.

Not that it matters, but there is nobody in free agency worth chasing from a forward standpoint. It's possible we could dump Barker and get an upgrade on D for $3m, but if this next year is a lost cause, why bother signing Jokinen/Fleischmann/Vrbata for 2 years anyway?

I really think we have two options, and that's to either trade Burns+ for a big time scorer, or just suck next year, get a top 5 pick, and trade Zidlicky and free agents at the deadline.

Old
03-31-2011, 11:36 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Moving my response over to the Off Season...

Old
03-31-2011, 11:39 AM
melinko

It would have made the last couple games fun if we got Da Costa but w/e atleast we were in it again for another wanted UDFA.

Old
03-31-2011, 11:43 AM
se7en
infamous...

I agree with Jarik but I don't even think it's worth trying to trade Brent Burns...

I just don't see us getting any major scorer that we'd truely be happy with out of that trade. Honestly we'd want a bonified sniper in return. I'd be surprised if we could trade him for anyone in the top 15-20 for scoring.. Most likely we'd end up with a Matt Moulsen or Chris Stewart type of player that pops in like 25-30+ goals and a 2nd round pick and I just don't know if that is worth it.. And knowing the Wild's luck, whoever we traded for would probably end up injured next season or snakebitten...

I think we're best off just cutting ties with all UFA's, bringing up some young guys. Bring Granlund and the new Mikko over to the AHL and hopefully getting them some call up time and then we just do what we do every year.. Hang around between 11th & 15th place all season with one good tear that makes us think we just might make the play-offs just to end the season in 13th place with a #11 draft pick because the east fills out the bottom feeders with 7 of the worst 10 nhl teams...

it's going to be another glorious season! haha

Honestly, the only thing I'm looking forward to about next season is seeing Granlund play a few games with the Wild.. Other than that I expect alot of dispapointment & frusteration while we spend another season in hockey purgatory...

(I'm a negative nancy today but my assumtion for what next year will be like probably isn't too far off... ahhhhh to be a Wild fan )

Old
03-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

No I'm with you, I'm 100% down on next year. This past year I thought "if healthy" the Wild had a chance, but too many guys are inconsistent, Richards is still a giant question mark, and the team has no elite talent OR quality depth.

Old
03-31-2011, 12:34 PM
State of Hockey

I wonder how much the Wellman situation really affected the Da Costa loss. Cases like Butler vs. Wellman had to be a factor.

Old
03-31-2011, 01:03 PM
nickschultzfan

Why tank next year when a 6 game losing streak will get us an elite forward talent in a few months?

Old
03-31-2011, 01:09 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Better question: Why not tank the next 5 years and get 5 Elite players? Sounds like a winning strategy to me.

Old
03-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Vashanesh
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
Better question: Why not tank the next 5 years and get 5 Elite players? Sounds like a winning strategy to me.
pride
–noun
1. a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.

Old
03-31-2011, 02:47 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
pride
–noun
1. a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.
Where does Pride show up on the stat sheet? Can you buy pride? In other words, Pride Schmide!

Old
03-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Vashanesh
Nope.

Quote:
Where does Pride show up on the stat sheet? Can you buy pride? In other words, Pride Schmide!
We've got an owner who's got too much invested (money and passion).

Tanking will likely never happen, for more than a few reasons. The sooner people accept that, the better.

Old
03-31-2011, 03:22 PM
se7en
infamous...

So wait, Let me understand this correctly...

Is it still tanking if it's unintentional?

Becasue I think we're going to be the kind of team that actually tries really hard just to end up in 13th place again like this year... So is that tanking or is that just being plain old bad at hockey?

Because I think we'll try to be good but we'll just stay in this never ending limbo of drafting between 9 & 15...

This is the first time in my life where as of right now I have absolutely no excitment about next season... I mean I know anything ccan happen but as of now I'm just devastated thinking that there's no light at the end of the tunnel... It would be nice to have a team to get excited about.. I'm sick of always being considered unexciting & boring.. We are really just a bland team. I would actually rather just be the worst team in hockey then where we are now & not just for the draft pick. At least it would be kinda fun to be so horrible that it's just funny.. This hopeless tease of mediocrity is doing nothing for me...

Old
03-31-2011, 06:18 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Source? I'm not seeing anything on TSN.ca or ESPN.

Scratch that. Just got the Russo update.

What are some other good UDFA that the Wild could/are pursue/pursuing?
There were four I would have liked to take a flier on but now they're all gone.

Quote:
Zuffa beat us to the punch four years ago.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
04-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Up7Yours

vCash: 50
HIFK leads 1-0 after after 20:00, Granlund with the only assists for the PP goal.

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/ottelut/raportti/36962.html

Old
04-01-2011, 11:45 AM
pbunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up7Yours View Post
HIFK leads 1-0 after after 20:00, Granlund with the only assists for the PP goal.

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/ottelut/raportti/36962.html
Who is hifk playing, how good are they, or any other info on the matchup would be much appreciated

Old
04-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Up7Yours

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbunder View Post
Who is hifk playing, how good are they, or any other info on the matchup would be much appreciated
Semifinals, so only 4 teams left in the playoffs. Lukko, the team thats now up against HIFK, has the best center in SM-Liiga in Perttu Lindgren, all in all great 1st line and good 2nd line, and also good goalie, those are their strengths. HIFK is the favorite to win, but they have a history of choking in the playoffs.

Old
04-01-2011, 02:10 PM
grN1g

IFK wins 1st game? granlund with only an assist?

Closed Thread