Notices

Prospect Tracker

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
We still have Haula scoring over a PPG as a Freshman, Granlund over in Mikko-land, and Wellman should be in Houston ripping it up rather than up here.

Old
11-10-2010, 01:26 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

It's a start, but our forward cupboard is still bad compared to other teams.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
11-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Semantics then. I wouldn't call it bare. Not stocked, but not bare.

Old
11-10-2010, 02:10 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
We still have Haula scoring over a PPG as a Freshman, Granlund over in Mikko-land, and Wellman should be in Houston ripping it up rather than up here.
Zucker is looking pretty good too as a freshman.

Old
11-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Well I remember doing the Prospect Tracker for 08-09 and 09-10, and there was never any quality forward prospects until Haula came along, and then when we got Wellman and I dumped his numbers in, they were rock star.

CT hasn't updated in a while so I might whip up a little one for my own devices (I never read them unless I do them).

Old
11-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Good to see Haula racking up the points as well as Zucker. Does Haula take a fair amount of shots or does he look like he's going to be a "pass-first" kind of player?

Old
11-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Good to see Haula racking up the points as well as Zucker. Does Haula take a fair amount of shots or does he look like he's going to be a "pass-first" kind of player?
He definitely seems to be a setup guy first type player.

Old
11-11-2010, 10:49 AM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18 View Post
He definitely seems to be a setup guy first type player.
Whereas Zucker is looking to be a shooter, if I'm not mistaken. They could be a deadly pair.

Old
11-11-2010, 11:42 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Found this on Brett Bulmer. Disappointing, but at least he's not hurt like all other high-end Wild prospects.

Quote:
Brett Bulmer: Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. The old saying holds true for Bulmer, who came back from Minnesota Wild training camp with fractures in his game. He was playing tentative and his work ethic was not where it needed to be. Over the last four games though, we have seen the Bulmer of old. Observers were frustrated by his slow start, but when he is on his game, the 18 year-old is one of the best players in his age group. If he plays with an edge, he's deadly.

Old
11-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I thought I read that same thing several weeks ago. I wouldn't be too worried...he had a good camp and probably got his hopes up, a little maturity goes a long way.

Old
11-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

How is Tyler Cuma coming along, what are his projections on the team, and what kind of potential does he have?

is he worth having on a fantasy keeper league team? would Scandella be a better option?

Old
11-11-2010, 12:37 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Been injured so it's hard to say.

Old
11-11-2010, 12:40 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
How is Tyler Cuma coming along, what are his projections on the team, and what kind of potential does he have?

is he worth having on a fantasy keeper league team? would Scandella be a better option?
Scandella will likely be up with the Wild before Cuma will see time. Scandella doesn't have the greatest fantasy upside, though. Cuma's really isn't terribly high either and when you combine that with how far he is away while being blocked by the current make-up of the Wild defensive corps, neither player is really worth keeping as a fantasy keeper.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
11-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
I was interested to see former Wild draft pick Kyle Wilson doing well with Columbus: 4 G 3A in 9 games; also, Ryan Jones has 3 goals for the Oilers. Maybe DRs mid-late round drafting wasn't as bad as we thought

Old
11-11-2010, 03:45 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Well Jones has one more goal than Zidlicky and he's a forward.

Old
11-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Well Jones has one more goal than Zidlicky and he's a forward.
True. It's also true that among Wild forwards, only Clutterbuck has more goals (4) than Jones.

Old
11-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Scandella's actually been racking up points down in Houston. He can top out exactly where I'd love him to, as a top pairing shutdown guy to compliment Burns. He'll get a lot of points due to ice time rather than playing on the PP or scoring ability...kind of like Zanon last year. Although Scandella has always had some scoring ability.

I swear he was taller than 6'2 though. Either way, Burns-Scandella would be a MONSTER pairing. Pierre McGuire might even take notice.

Old
11-12-2010, 02:20 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
I was interested to see former Wild draft pick Kyle Wilson doing well with Columbus: 4 G 3A in 9 games; also, Ryan Jones has 3 goals for the Oilers.
The 2004 draft just doesn't want to give up. Stoner, Jones, Khudobin, and Wilson. Olvecky made it in the past. Quite a few late-round late-comers. That draft would have been terrific if the top-2 would have not crashed and burned.

Old
11-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
The 2004 draft just doesn't want to give up. Stoner, Jones, Khudobin, and Wilson. Olvecky made it in the past. Quite a few late-round late-comers. That draft would have been terrific if the top-2 would have not crashed and burned.
I'm not sure 'terrific' is word I would use. Stoner is barely hanging on to an NHL job, Khudobin is an AHL goalie, Wilson a 3rd liner and Jones a 4th liner on a bad Edmonton team. Thelen and Voloshenko would have to have done some pretty remarkable things by now.

Old
11-12-2010, 02:32 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

The problem with the Wild's drafting is that those 2004 picks who made it to the show would be replaced by the later grinders and underachievers. For some reason DR has been amazing at drafting those guys but not so much on the high-end talent which is needed to be successful in the National Hockey League.

Old
11-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
The problem with the Wild's drafting is that those 2004 picks who made it to the show would be replaced by the later grinders and underachievers. For some reason DR has been amazing at drafting those guys but not so much on the high-end talent which is needed to be successful in the National Hockey League.
Sometimes, when I need a good cry, I look at the Draft Results from DR's "glory days" with the Wild. Did we even pay scouts money back then?

Old
11-12-2010, 03:20 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I'm not sure 'terrific' is word I would use. Stoner is barely hanging on to an NHL job, Khudobin is an AHL goalie, Wilson a 3rd liner and Jones a 4th liner on a bad Edmonton team. Thelen and Voloshenko would have to have done some pretty remarkable things by now.
To get anybody of note past the 2nd round is above average. To be 50% in making the NHL from the 3rd to the 9th (in a so-so draft) is a very good job. Unfortunately the flame-outs at the top will forever cast a shadow on the rest of it. Shoot, having just Thelen and Volshenko do very well would have made a great draft.

Your first mistake is expecting greatness from the 3rd round on. Don't.

Old
11-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
To get anybody of note past the 2nd round is above average. To be 50% in making the NHL from the 3rd to the 9th (in a so-so draft) is a very good job. Unfortunately the flame-outs at the top will forever cast a shadow on the rest of it. Shoot, having just Thelen and Volshenko do very well would have made a great draft.

Your first mistake is expecting greatness from the 3rd round on. Don't.
Damn you, Red Wings fans.

Old
11-12-2010, 06:43 PM
flames123

Colton Jobke is injured currently. Was looking very good, playing physical and was very reliable player. Probably a good #2 D man in the WHL.

Brett Bulmer continues to play like crap. More inspired play and work ethic is needed. He has been a healthy scratch. He needs to learn that he needs to earn playing time and work for his opportunities.

Last edited by flames123: 11-13-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old
11-13-2010, 01:12 AM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
Colton Jobke is injured currently. Was looking very good, playing physical and was very reliable player. Probably a good #2 D man in the WHL.

Brett Bulmer continues to play like crap. More inspired play and work ethic is needed. He has been a healthy scratch. He needs to learn that he needs to earn playing time and work for his opportunities.
I say this and then Bulmer puts in a decent effort and get a goal (and starts some stuff after it hot doggin):

Will try to post the clip of it later.

Closed Thread