HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Possible Ottawa Trades?

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2004, 09:09 PM
andora

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS4EVER
As you can see your all wrong none of these trades are especially lop-sized and the next time you say i dont know anything about hockey THINK. CHECK THE FACTS BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR FAT MOUTH, o and dont pull the team chemistry card.

P.S. Thank you Crew99AW for stating your opinion without being ignorant.
to be honest, you're wrong. these trades, stats shouldn't be considered one iota. also, with all do respect, you show complete ignorance by even using jody hull in a trade proposal for perhaps a final cup piece, it's assinine to think edmonton would trade their *guy* for scraps.

the luongo/theo one is just silly, both are giving up their franchise players for an older goalie being heavily scrutinized and might not even tender a qualifying offer and a good young backup..

the peca one, same salaries, peca's better, and i believe their was a rift between bonk and yashin before in ottawa no?

the oneill one is also rediculous. why is carolina bringing in an older guy that needs good players around him to be productive offensively. why move your top piece for a useless pick and a player that does nothing long term..

you should think these over a little more.. sens4ever.. i bet

Old
05-21-2004, 09:38 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
lol that was funny

Old
05-21-2004, 09:42 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regency
WTF?

Old
05-21-2004, 09:54 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Jeff O'Neil (Carolina) for Bryan Smolinski + 7th Round Draft Pick
Micheal Peca (Islanders) for Radek Bonk + 4th Round Pick
Ryan Smyth (Edmonton) for Todd White +Jody Hull + 1st Round Draft Pick

This is probably the most unlikley but what i think would bring stability to the goaltending problem.

Jose Theodore (Montreal) or Roberto Luongo (Florida) for Patrick Lalime + Martin Prusek.
1st 1 is to Bias, infact it's hideous. your 1st rounder and a young forward might be more appealing

2nd one not too bad, if the reports on peca are true, this isnt so bad afterall.

3rd. eww. value wise hrmph but why would EMD want any. i suspect unless you have a VERY appealing VERY young forward, Halvat will be the main guy mentioned.

4th. Theodore (luongo isnt movable) for a Choker and career backup? no. Halvat would be a startting piece for Theo.

Old
05-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Other Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
the peca one, same salaries, peca's better, and i believe their was a rift between bonk and yashin before in ottawa no?
Not to defend these trades, but I don't think that Peca is a better player than Bonk these days. His 'intangibles' have gotten the Isles exactly nowhere in three seasons, and his offense isn't anything to write home about.

Old
05-21-2004, 09:57 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Dave
Not to defend these trades, but I don't think that Peca is a better player than Bonk these days. His 'intangibles' have gotten the Isles exactly nowhere in three seasons, and his offense isn't anything to write home about.
Physically his a wreck and there have been many, many reports of him being a pain in the Isles locker room, causeing factions.

Old
05-21-2004, 10:05 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
fair enough, however these days i haven't seen anything from bonk. i was very disappointed with him in the playoffs, where as i'm usually interested in watching him because of how well he's played off the scoresheet previous years..

just my choice of peca though, they are two similar players with advantages over eachother (bonk - skill and peca - physical)..

Old
05-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf
Fair enough. What about you guys keeping the 24th pick - closer? So #4, 3rd rounder plus a veteran for Spezza?

In your opinion is Spezza even on the block?
Nope. Spezza isn't on the block becuase there isn't really a reason for him to be on the block. If he's dealt, which is very hard to fathom, it will be for a serious long term need. Unfortunately, draft picks and a veteran who isn't even important enough to be named don't do that.

For Spezza, Nash would be coming the other way. Don't see you accepting that, so it's not going to happen. The Jackets have nobody else that really fills a serious need and would be close to Spezza's value, so he won't be a Jacket.

Old
05-22-2004, 02:59 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
Physically his a wreck and there have been many, many reports of him being a pain in the Isles locker room, causeing factions.

Peca's knee and shoulder are ok after last summer's surgeries.He is a small player with wear and tear on his body and his physical style of play won't help the wear and tear.

but I'd like you to post a link or at least tell which writer or analyst, says Peca's a problem in the nyi lockerroom.

Cause in the 3 yrs he's been on LI,I haven't read or heard that.He has taken some heat for publicly challenging his teammates last yr as they stumbled towards a low playoff berth,saying some guys weren't working hard enough.

Old
05-22-2004, 03:01 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
the last 3 yrs,Bonk's outscored Peca by 10-12 pts.That's pts,not goals.

and Peca's the better defensive player.

Old
05-22-2004, 05:13 AM
Don Draper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
the last 3 yrs,Bonk's outscored Peca by 10-12 pts.That's pts,not goals.

and Peca's the better defensive player.
peca has 2 points in his last 20 playoff games. The only thing anyone in ottawa cares about in ottawa is playoff success. Bonk has been one of our best over the past 3 seasons. Bonk had 11 in the 18 playoff games last season. Poor this season, but just as poor as peca.

Old
05-22-2004, 11:48 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Fletcher
peca has 2 points in his last 20 playoff games. The only thing anyone in ottawa cares about in ottawa is playoff success. Bonk has been one of our best over the past 3 seasons. Bonk had 11 in the 18 playoff games last season. Poor this season, but just as poor as peca.
I haven't said the Sens should move Bonk for Peca.
I said a team going after Peca isn't after him for his scoring but his defense and leadership.

If a team needs scoring go after Bonk.If they want defense and leadership go after Peca.

Old
06-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS4EVER
hi i am obviously biased towards the Senators but do you think any of these trades have a possiblity of happening?

Jeff O'Neil (Carolina) for Bryan Smolinski + 7th Round Draft Pick
Micheal Peca (Islanders) for Radek Bonk + 4th Round Pick
Ryan Smyth (Edmonton) for Todd White +Jody Hull + 1st Round Draft Pick

Jose Theodore (Montreal) or Roberto Luongo (Florida) for Patrick Lalime + Martin Prusek.
The only person from this list that I'd like to see on the Sens (besides Luongo, but I'm being realistic here) is Ryan Smyth. If we got Smyth for White, Hull, and a 1st rounder I would seriously laugh my ass off. If we want to pry Smyth from Edmonton, we're going to have to bring Havlat to the table. Havlat is the only expendable guy on the team that Edmonton would take for Smyth. White, Lesyschyn (I never spell his name right), Bonk, and/or Smolinski just wouldn't cut it.

Old
06-10-2004, 01:00 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
I'd say every proposal here is just out of wack. Especially the Spezza one If Spezza is traded from the Sens, we better be getting Nash back.

We've lacked a #1 center since Yashin was traded..no way are we gonna give our future one up.

Old
06-10-2004, 01:25 PM
guitaraholic*

some of the most lopsided proposals I've ever seen... and I've been married twice.

Old
06-10-2004, 05:27 PM
c_mak

Send a message via MSN to c_mak
Funny thing about stats being broughtup..... if you really go by the stats why the Hell would you want to trade any of those guys in the first place...if you beleive that their value is based on stats... what is it you are looking for Havlat out produces Smyth......bonk out produces peca.....and smolinski and O'neal are prettymuch a saw off....it would seem to me that it is the intagilbles that we want so why on earth would you argue stats..that makes no sense to me....
Still....... "Let he who is without a bone head proposal cast the first flame"...... :lol

PS...that goalie proposal was BALLSIE.... man Lalime may net ottawa..ummm..well I'd trade him to NYI for Yashin's girlfriend

Old
06-10-2004, 06:11 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Peca's knee and shoulder are ok after last summer's surgeries.He is a small player with wear and tear on his body and his physical style of play won't help the wear and tear.

but I'd like you to post a link or at least tell which writer or analyst, says Peca's a problem in the nyi lockerroom.

Cause in the 3 yrs he's been on LI,I haven't read or heard that.He has taken some heat for publicly challenging his teammates last yr as they stumbled towards a low playoff berth,saying some guys weren't working hard enough.
ESPN did post a link a while back. too late, they dont have it any more. i know ESPN are the most reputable of sources, but it was an interesting read.

anyway, i think tho his good and a captain for you, i dont rate him as god as i see some sabre and isles fans doing.

Old
06-11-2004, 08:36 AM
rebedom

There are players that will be traded from Ottawa and some have worn out their welcome but it is difficult to say who exactly will be traded. Obvious choices are Bonk, Lalime, White, Leschyshyn and a few others may get thrown into a mix.

But what does Ottawa need? When we look at the centre position it seems we need a big tough 1st line centremen who can win faceoffs. We have Bonk but most fans hate his style of play and consider him a floater. Smolinski, White, Spezza, Fisher, Van Allan, Vermette or even Payer are not #1 caliber yet. We also need a big left winger like an Eric Cole who will drop them every now and then to hel out Neil and other team mates.

I think our team needs to get bigger and tougher if we want to go deeper into the playoffs. We saw what Calgary and Tampa went through and we can't even get by Toronto. We have a lot of very good small players, we don't have a lot of big, tough character guys, muckers, plumbers Dave Andrechuck like players. We have skill but we need will, determination and win at all costs players.

Old
06-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Mikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf
What about this:

To Ottawa:
4th Overall, 3rd Round Pick (this year or next), and a veteran (ex. Marchant/Cassels/Wright)

To CBJ:
Jason Spezza and 24th Pick

Feasible or not a chance?
Good God man.... If Im CBJ I jump on that in a NY second! Ottawa would be insane to offer that much

The Hawks would give you the 3rd pick (1st rd), 2 second rd picks, and Radulov for Spezza and a 1st

Old
06-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebedom
I think our team needs to get bigger and tougher if we want to go deeper into the playoffs.
I think the team as a whole needs to get older and better. For the Sens to win a Cup, their best players need to be able to score goals in the playoffs. Renting a big tough veteran forward is nice, but won't fix the problem.

Old
06-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Calorissi

Addressing the needs for the SENS:
- big strong agressive LW
- biggish competative centre that can win faceoffs
- an all star calliber goaltender that can win a series.

I say we get Gary Roberts, Joe Neuwendyk, and Eddie Belfour from Toronto for...nothing, they are all UFAs this summer.

Old
06-11-2004, 09:34 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calorissi
Addressing the needs for the SENS:
- big strong agressive LW
- biggish competative centre that can win faceoffs
- an all star calliber goaltender that can win a series.

I say we get Gary Roberts, Joe Neuwendyk, and Eddie Belfour from Toronto for...nothing, they are all UFAs this summer.
That would drive a dagger through the hearts of Leaf Nation.

Old
06-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Calorissi

The thought of it already has. Check out thier board. Though there are some posters who have already started to rationalize why they can afford to lose them. Some interesting reading from both sides.

That said, the Sens would be a much improved team with those additions, and it would allow them to package some of the veterans up for a single addition (3 for 1 kind of trade).

This summer will be very interesting for the Sens, I just hope the fall is also very interesting.

Closed Thread