HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thursday comes and you read ".....has signed with the New York Rangers"

View Poll Results: Which player do you want to sign?
Ilya Kovalchuk 79 52.67%
Alexander Frolov 10 6.67%
Matt Cullen 2 1.33%
Saku Koivu 1 0.67%
John Madden 2 1.33%
Chris Higgins (d'oh) 0 0%
Paul Kariya 2 1.33%
Pavol Demitra 6 4.00%
Kim Johnsson 1 0.67%
Paul Martin 3 2.00%
Andy Sutton 0 0%
Willie Mitchell 6 4.00%
Zbynek Michalek 14 9.33%
Milan Jurcina 1 0.67%
Other (list) 23 15.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2010, 07:32 PM
  #1
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,267
vCash: 500
Thursday comes and you read ".....has signed with the New York Rangers"

I realize this is an issue that's beating against the wall. But I've added a poll and feel it's a relevant new topic. This is the off-season after all.

Thursday comes, which of these players do you want to see signed? If none, simply choose other and state it.

I'm voting for Frolov or Kovalchuk, though I wouldn't care if we couldn't grab them with a good deal.

I don't think we need defensemen.

Edit: Also forgot to add the option for multiples, so just list the multiples if you want more than one.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:35 PM
  #2
Crazyhorse30
 
Crazyhorse30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Martin Biron.

Let's be realistic folks. The Rangers are not going to sign anyone major, if anyone at all. Aside from Kovalchuk, who they won't sign, there isn't a player on the market that could make them a contender. They're not going to piss away money this summer (as little of it as they have.)

Crazyhorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:36 PM
  #3
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse30 View Post
Martin Biron.

Let's be realistic folks. The Rangers are not going to sign anyone major, if anyone at all. Aside from Kovalchuk, who they won't sign, there isn't a player on the market that could make them a contender. They're not going to piss away money this summer (as little of it as they have.)
I don't think so either, however, someone like Biron who didn't have a strong season (albeit with not much playing time), and has shifted teams lately, I'm not so sure I'd sign him.

I'd stick with Auld for goaltending.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:37 PM
  #4
Crazyhorse30
 
Crazyhorse30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
I posted my first response before the poll went up. The only people on that list that could realistically sign with us would be Demitra, cause of his experience with Gaborik, and Koivu because he would be extremely cheap.

Crazyhorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:39 PM
  #5
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,938
vCash: 500
Johan Hedberg, and Matthew Lombardi.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:42 PM
  #6
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,176
vCash: 500
None

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:49 PM
  #7
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Johan Hedberg, and Matthew Lombardi.
This would be very nice, I wouldn't mind seeing hamhuis or martin, but i expect to see a defensemen signed as well and then gilroy may be dealt and redden waived.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:51 PM
  #8
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
kotalik was recently bought out sign him! haha

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:51 PM
  #9
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
None
And for the record, again, I'd be fine with that. I don't think free agency solves our problems. I'm not sold on Frolov or Kovalchuk, but I do believe those are the only two free agents that could help our team.

Either way, the main thing I want to see is Redden gone. That is simple.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:52 PM
  #10
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2417 View Post
kotalik was recently bought out sign him! haha
Not that I am complaining, but why would the Flames make that trade? I know Jokinen was a cancer in their locker room, but he and his salary were gone in two months.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:54 PM
  #11
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Not that I am complaining, but why would the Flames make that trade? I know Jokinen was a cancer in their locker room, but he and his salary were gone in two months.
They clearly felt that Kotalik could serve a purpose on their team, and after being re-shuffled around after a brief but brutal stint with the Rangers, he might have regained confidence.

Luckily for us, that wasn't so, as it humors me.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:54 PM
  #12
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,031
vCash: 500
I could definitely see them going for Lombardi for more center depth, but it unfortunately doesn't help with the talent level. May be all they can afford to do this year though

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:55 PM
  #13
Groot
I am Groot.
 
Groot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,481
vCash: 500
ryan mcdonagh

Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:57 PM
  #14
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
And for the record, again, I'd be fine with that. I don't think free agency solves our problems. I'm not sold on Frolov or Kovalchuk, but I do believe those are the only two free agents that could help our team.

Either way, the main thing I want to see is Redden gone. That is simple.
You really don't think hedberg playing like 18 games could really help our team? Lundqvist said he was out of gas at the end of the season and normally he is a star in the shootout, having hedberg and i bet we had a better performance from the king that day.

Lombardi is an excellent stopgap, I don't want Stepan to be rushed and turn into a malhotra. He is better than Christensen for sure.

Martin, Hamhuis, Michalek, and Volchenkov all could help our defense, but depends on the price.

I am not trying to argue, this team doesn't need an overhaul, we need some new parts to get us into the playoff hunt for sure. If we avoid bad signings, dump redden and tinker with a few pieces we are in better shape than last year

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:57 PM
  #15
Cherepanisimov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
Martin/Michalek, Biron/Auld, Zherdev/Lombardi

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:59 PM
  #16
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,713
vCash: 500
Lee Stempniak for reasonable dough. Michalak and Hedberg too.

Then leave it alone and sign our own.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:00 PM
  #17
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
for real though i know everyone says youtube vids say nothing but this guy has an absolute bomb and would be a good bottom pairing dman for around 2 mill.... Kurtis Foster ladies and gents listen to what the commentators say about his shot too...


nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:01 PM
  #18
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
You really don't think hedberg playing like 18 games could really help our team? Lundqvist said he was out of gas at the end of the season and normally he is a star in the shootout, having hedberg and i bet we had a better performance from the king that day.

Lombardi is an excellent stopgap, I don't want Stepan to be rushed and turn into a malhotra. He is better than Christensen for sure.

Martin, Hamhuis, Michalek, and Volchenkov all could help our defense, but depends on the price.

I am not trying to argue, this team doesn't need an overhaul, we need some new parts to get us into the playoff hunt for sure. If we avoid bad signings, dump redden and tinker with a few pieces we are in better shape than last year
I understand what you're reading from me, but I believe Frolov and Kovy are the only two players that can severely help our team, at least on the offensive side of things. Other parts I feel are replaceable. I never said I wouldn't sign Hedberg, though I believe Auld can fit that mold as well. As far as Hedberg playing 18 games.. I'm not even sure he would. Tortorella is all talk. And Lundqvist wants to play. Last year was a busy year with Olympic and Henrik played more than he ever had before. If a backup goalie gets to see 10 games in a Ranger uniform, it'd be a blessing.

With Gilroy, MDZ, Rozsival, Redden signed... Staal and Girardi likely to be signed, Sauer/Potter/McDonagh with chances to make it in, I'm not sure we need to sign more defensemen. I've said it all along and stick with it, that we can drop Redden, re-sign Staal and G, and let one of the young'n's fill that 6th hole.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:18 PM
  #19
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue
 
N9Y4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Gold Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 942
vCash: 500
None of the above...

The only guy on that list I would have any interest in is Kovalchuk. But he is not a winner, will be ridiculously priced, and we are already dealing with cap issues.

Ryan Mcdonagh would be the signing that makes me the most happy this off-season.
And
Signing our own RFA's

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
  #20
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
I understand what you're reading from me, but I believe Frolov and Kovy are the only two players that can severely help our team, at least on the offensive side of things. Other parts I feel are replaceable. I never said I wouldn't sign Hedberg, though I believe Auld can fit that mold as well. As far as Hedberg playing 18 games.. I'm not even sure he would. Tortorella is all talk. And Lundqvist wants to play. Last year was a busy year with Olympic and Henrik played more than he ever had before. If a backup goalie gets to see 10 games in a Ranger uniform, it'd be a blessing.

With Gilroy, MDZ, Rozsival, Redden signed... Staal and Girardi likely to be signed, Sauer/Potter/McDonagh with chances to make it in, I'm not sure we need to sign more defensemen. I've said it all along and stick with it, that we can drop Redden, re-sign Staal and G, and let one of the young'n's fill that 6th hole.
If we sign hedberg and torts doesn't play him, i guarantee we will be in the same situation we were in this year. Lundqvist needs rest and cannot play as many games, especially with the abuse he takes from the other team. If torts doesn't play him not only will lundqvist show signs of wear but if we don't make the playoffs thats the end for torts IMO

I don't want frolov, too much of a gamble

as for defense, this is sather, he signs a UFA d-man every year (we tried to get semenov, and we did sign Gilroy). I will be shocked if we don't sign someone

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:35 PM
  #21
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Matt Lombardi.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:36 PM
  #22
Greg NYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
marc staal hopefully

Greg NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:37 PM
  #23
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,517
vCash: 500
The Rangers will find a way to sign Kovalchuk. You don't pass on a mega-star who can be available for free, save for the salary overpayment of a couple million.

'Chuk should know that with him, the Rangers become an immediate contender. They have a superstar goalie, and with him would have two supertar scorers, plus solid depth.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:41 PM
  #24
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Johan Hedberg, and Matthew Lombardi.
i'm on this train and Willie Mitchell on D

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:49 PM
  #25
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,542
vCash: 500
Although I want us to stay far, far away, I'm shocked not to see Volchenkov up there - even more shocked not to see a dozen posts already pointing this out.

Was he re-signed in Ottawa when I wasn't looking?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.