HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Senators speaking with Flyers about a Centre

Old
06-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
But there's likely nothing to this rumour
This.

Richards won't be moved, obviously. The Sens won't give up the kind of value it would take to land Carter. Giroux is a cheap young forward who it makes no sense to move. That leaves Briere....

I don't see anything happening here at all.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:50 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Barley View Post
Foligno + Lehner for Giroux
Damn. I read the first part of the sentence and had a bit of a smile on my face. Too bad you finished it incorrectly.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:51 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Well then, Ottawa should realize that Carter is a non-starter. We're not giving up a player we don't want to (Carter) unless the Sens are willing to do the same (Karlsson).

I agree the Sens wouldn't move Karlsson, but if he's not on the table, exactly what incentive do the Flyers have to move Carter? The answer is obvious.
Meh, on these boards its always the same, people spout off like they know what the return should be in trades, and if the actual trade happens, peoples reactions are always like OMG NO WAY!!!!!!!!

Not saying anything is going to happen, but if it did chances are people will get the return wrong anyway.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutral zone trap13 View Post
As a sens fan, seeing Briere's salary on our cap hit would make me ill
Aren't you guys paying Kovalev 5 million? Fisher 4.2 million? And briere's 6.5 would make you sick?

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

As a leafs fan I hope it's Brierre.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Meh, on these boards its always the same, people spout off like they know what the return should be in trades, and if the actual trade happens, peoples reactions are always like OMG NO WAY!!!!!!!!

Not saying anything is going to happen, but if it did chances are people will get the return wrong anyway.
Yes, maybe so. But I can't stand when other fans ask about a teams best trading chip, and then say that their best assets are off the table.

Old
06-30-2010, 10:56 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Yes, maybe so. But I can't stand when other fans ask about a teams best trading chip, and then say that their best assets are off the table.
Well I tend to stay away from the trade board except during free agency and the trade deadline cause its kind of the armpit of HF. It's like going to your mother in laws, you never actually want to go, but you have to a couple times a year.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Bort Sampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
If Briere can't even outscore the overpaid Fisher in the regular season, when Fisher gets paid a lot less and has a hell of a lot more in terms of intangibles, no way in hell I'd make that trade.

It'll take more than a good playoffs to make Briere a valuable commodity. 33 year old, undersized, soft, one-dimensional, huge contract. No way in hell I'd trade Fisher and Cowen for that. Carter is the only centre (aside from the obvious one Richards) I'd have any interest in.

Nice to see a loss in the Cup finals after squaking into the playoffs on the last day has turned all Flyers assets into gold, and apparently ruined whatever assets the Sens had.
First off, I recognize that avatar, and you're a Flyers hater. Saw you all throughout the playoffs. That's not an avatar many people forget.

Secondly, you seem to think Briere is a flash-in-the-pan in regards to playoff performance. That's absolutely not true. He's one of the most consistently outstanding playoff performers in the league at this time. You should know that considering you probably saw plenty of him before he came to Philadelphia.

Lastly, you're absolutely right, a Cup appearance made most of the Flyers' stocks rise. That's kind of idiotic that you'd even need to point that out, right? It's almost the reverse of teams who've gotten knocked out of the first round during their last two appearances in the playoffs. One team can sell their players at a higher price because they actually showed up and produced in the playoffs. They have playoff performers, which are assets to any team. The other team can't do that, because they don't have them, or don't have the depth to trade them.

Last edited by Bort Sampson: 06-30-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Bort Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Well I tend to stay away from the trade board except during free agency and the trade deadline cause its kind of the armpit of HF. It's like going to your mother in laws, you never actually want to go, but you have to a couple times a year.
Ugh! I have to go to the mother-in-laws this weekend. Thanks for reminding me!

Old
06-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
I take it that you've never actually read Senschirp's blog?

It's literally worse than Eklund's.

At Eklund occasionally gets something right.
Senschirp called Heatley-Hossa, knew about Kovalev before most, knew the Heatley deal before most, and has never come close to calling an actual trade without being spot on.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:01 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Aren't you guys paying Kovalev 5 million? Fisher 4.2 million? And briere's 6.5 would make you sick?

No, no. Because we're paying Fisher and Kovalev that money, it's impossible to take back Briere. Unless you want some delicious Kovalev to go with your team?

Even then, Kovalev has done wonders for Peter Regin and Mike Fisher. I don't know why we'd move him with one year left on his contract.

So then, what center could we possibly be looking at.

I would file this under 'not happening' and move on.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Trades have to make sense for both sides. It isn't that Carter isn't worth Karlson, it's simply team needs. Ottawa's biggest area of weakness has been a PMD, Karlson is a stud prospect and he fills a huge area of need.

As I originally said, value is there but it just doesn't make sense.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:03 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
As a leafs fan I hope it's Brierre.
That doesn't make any sense at all to me. Have you watched him play recently? Did you watch the playoffs?

Briere is a solid player who's very underrated around here. I'd welcome him on the Sens. Problem would be his cap hit, we can't absorb it. Still, he's a quality player.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:04 AM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 50
Fisher and Elliot for BriereLeClaire is supposedly their #1 and they are very high on Lehner. Elliot would be awesome on the Flyers!!

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:08 AM
GDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Flyers in need of topline wingers? The only way I see the Sens sniffing around is if they are moving Spezza to another team in a 3 way deal.

To Ott:
Carter

To Team X:
Spezza

To Phi:
1st line winger
or
top 6 winger/starting goalie

Senschirp has been wrong more than he's been right lately, I wouldnt' put much stock into it.
team x= edmonton

to philly= penner/cogs/khabby???

it kindof almost makes sense for everyone which is the scary thing...

khabby would be a good fit in philly, boucher could half the games with him in the regular season and khabby is a great playoff goalie...

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
team x= edmonton

to philly= penner/cogs/khabby???

it kindof almost makes sense for everyone which is the scary thing...

khabby would be a good fit in philly, boucher could half the games with him in the regular season and khabby is a great playoff goalie...
Are you serious? I just threw up in my mouth a little.

We are not taking a broken down Khabby and his contract. Its not even in the realm of possibility.

That package doesn't get you a sniff of Jeff Carter.

Old
06-30-2010, 11:11 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort Sampson View Post
First off, I recognize that avatar, and you're a Flyers hater. Saw you all throughout the playoffs. That's not an avatar many people forget.
I don't know you, but you also have a nice, memorable avatar. Join the club. I do hate the Flyers, I never said otherwise, but Briere is actually one of the Flyers players I like. Most of the Flyers hate stems from Mike Richards, Chris Pronger and the old days of Steve Downie and Donald Brashear. I actually like some of the team now, such as Carcillo, Briere and Giroux. Still hate them as a rule though.

Quote:
Secondly, you seem to think Briere is a flash-in-the-pan in regards to playoff performance. That's absolutely not true. He's one of the most consistently outstanding playoff performers in the league at this time. You should know that considering you probably saw plenty of him before he came to Philadelphia.
I don't think that at all. That doesn't change the fact that you don't give a guy a huge contract because he shows up in the playoffs. Briere is not worth his contract, and he never will be. All I said was that one good playoff performance won't change that, and you know it.

Quote:
Lastly, you're absolutely right, a Cup appearance made most of the Flyers' stocks rise. That's kind of idiotic that you'd even need to point that out, right? It's almost the reverse of teams who've gotten knocked out of the first round during their last two appearances in the playoffs. One team can sell their players at a higher price because they actually showed up and produced in the playoffs. They have playoff performers, which is an asset to any team. The other team can't do that, because they don't have them, or don't have the depth to trade them.
You've been waiting to get those ones off your chest since the playoffs, haven't you big guy. I don't know how much more clear I could have been: a cup Finals loss after barely making the playoffs does not turn your assets into gold. It doesn't turn your bad contracts into fair ones.

I'm surprised you didn't go for the easy chirp, I mean I should know right, after a Cup finals loss in 07? But that wouldn't help your point at all since that didn't change the stock of our players (See: Heatley trade and Spezza interest). I don't think you know how hockey works either. I'm trying to understand how Spezza and Alfredsson aren't playoff performers when they lead the playoffs in scoring not long ago, gotta love hf memory. I'll keep that in mind next year when the Flyers bow out in the first round that their players have lost all value. GM's don't work like you unfortunately. They don't ignore the regular season production because of one playoff run, and they don't hold grudges because someone doesn't like their team. Sorry.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:

Lastly, you're absolutely right, a Cup appearance made most of the Flyers' stocks rise. That's kind of idiotic that you'd even need to point that out, right? It's almost the reverse of teams who've gotten knocked out of the first round during their last two appearances in the playoffs. One team can sell their players at a higher price because they actually showed up and produced in the playoffs. They have playoff performers, which are assets to any team. The other team can't do that, because they don't have them, or don't have the depth to trade them.
Don't worry, he's hated by some Sens fans as well.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:15 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post
Fisher and Elliot for BriereLeClaire is supposedly their #1 and they are very high on Lehner. Elliot would be awesome on the Flyers!!
Elliott isn't the answer. After seeing him get exposed by the Pens, the Central division would be the worst place for him.

Last edited by The Expert: 06-30-2010 at 11:32 AM.
The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post

I don't think that at all. That doesn't change the fact that you don't give a guy a huge contract because he shows up in the playoffs. Briere is not worth his contract, and he never will be. All I said was that one good playoff performance won't change that, and you know it.
You missed the guys point. Over Briere's career he has 87 pts in 86 playoff games. He's not some one year wonder. Not to mention that since he's become a Flyer he has 150 pts in 183 games so it's not like he's totally invisible in the regular season.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:25 AM
GDU

Quote:
Are you serious? I just threw up in my mouth a little.

We are not taking a broken down Khabby and his contract. Its not even in the realm of possibility.

That package doesn't get you a sniff of Jeff Carter.
how many cups has nabakov/turco/boucher won???

your looking for a goalie, khabby is a year removed from carrying the hawks to the conference finals, assuming he recovered from his surgery, he would be great playing half the games in philly and starting in the playoffs... he actually played great last year befroe his back gave out...

i dont see philly trading carter anyways, unless they;re that stupid...

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Caseus
squirrelly wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Senschirp called Heatley-Hossa, knew about Kovalev before most, knew the Heatley deal before most, and has never come close to calling an actual trade without being spot on.
And posted countless idiotic trade rumours that he never gets called on, including some that are as bad as Eklund's rumours.

Caseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:27 AM
sg12lw

carter for fisher and underwood

...i get carrie (i was going to say "i get underwood", but that felt like i was just setting my self up for humiliation)

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Who said lose? Traded.

I'd be interested in Fisher and Cowen for Briere starting point and Flyers may have cash to sign Turco or Nabby and who knows maybe re-sign Coburn too.
bahahahaha! Maybe Ottawa should throw in Karlsson too.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:28 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

The Expert...you do realize that Briere is one of the top playoff performers since the lockout, right?

Here, I'll run down all of the playoff series for you:
05-06: 19 points in 18 games
06-07: 15 points in 16 games
07-08: 16 points in 17 games
08-09: 4 points in 6 games
09-10: 30 points in 23 games
Total since the lockout: 84 points in 80 games

But sure, its just one playoff run we are talking about...

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote