Bad 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Cayouche5

vCash: 587
J.Villeneuve Return

Now that it's almost sure that he will come-back ( in fact 99% sure www.rds.ca )
Do you think this is good for the F-1 in general ?

Old
05-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Sebastien Centomo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayouche5
Now that it's almost sure that he will come-back ( in fact 99% sure www.rds.ca )

It's always good to have more than 1 ex-champ in the field.

Old
05-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayouche5
Wow i really hope it's true, he's one of the only interresting personnality in the F1 world.

Also one of the only who can beat Shummi.

Old
05-21-2004, 05:46 PM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
Now that he doesn't have a car that's built by LEGO, he might have a chance. We all know he's a good driver, but was always held back by a BAR hunk o' junk.

Go Villeneuve, and beat that damned Schumi already!

Old
05-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Sebastien Centomo

Those Ferraris are looking invincable so far this year. If JV is going to Williams he might after to wait till next year or the end of this to realistically compete with them. But it's nice that one of the most talented drivers in the world might actually have a car and team that can do at least abit of damage. Hopefully Schumie can hear some footsteps.

Old
05-21-2004, 06:20 PM
ParisSaintGermain

This would be good. Formula 1 -among so many other things- needs drivers with a bit of edge, people who are really willing to overtake. It is just so dead right now.

Old
05-21-2004, 06:55 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
It's very good. With Villeneuve back in a Williams, they'll be back in the hunt in no time.

Old
05-21-2004, 07:24 PM
PK*

It's very, very good for F1. He's one of the most talented drivers out there. He has showed that wherever he went and whenever he had a car that allowed him, he could be right up there with Michael Shumacher or any other great drivers. If he can get back in the hunt next year, it will be interesting to see the wars of words he will be in.

Old
05-21-2004, 08:52 PM
NHLcrazy

My favorite driver and my favorite car constructor!! Should be really interesting!

Old
05-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Hab Fan
Now that he doesn't have a car that's built by LEGO, he might have a chance. We all know he's a good driver, but was always held back by a BAR hunk o' junk.

Go Villeneuve, and beat that damned Schumi already!
The BAR might've eventually had potential, if the team hadn't succumbed to his outrageous salary demands. He did NOTHING to justify what he made, and that money would've been better spent invested in engineering.

Great drives elevate their teams or get the most out of their equipment. Jacques Villeneuve never demonstrated the ability to do either in his F1 career. Williams felt that just about anybody (think Damon Hill) could win with their equipment. They, smartly, put directed their funds to the car and not huge driver retainers.

On average, Jenson Button outqualified Villeneuve, and scored higher in the points, with the same machinery.

Old
05-21-2004, 10:15 PM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
He did NOTHING to justify what he made.
While I agree that he didn't justify his outrageous contract, he simply wasn't able to. How many times did he get a DNF because faulty mechanisms??? One week, he'd have to forfeit because the engine blew, and the next week, the brakes would go. He did not have a car that was ready to perform.

Old
05-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Cayouche5

vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
The BAR might've eventually had potential, if the team hadn't succumbed to his outrageous salary demands. He did NOTHING to justify what he made, and that money would've been better spent invested in engineering.

Great drives elevate their teams or get the most out of their equipment. Jacques Villeneuve never demonstrated the ability to do either in his F1 career. Williams felt that just about anybody (think Damon Hill) could win with their equipment. They, smartly, put directed their funds to the car and not huge driver retainers.

On average, Jenson Button outqualified Villeneuve, and scored higher in the points, with the same machinery.
Not alwas the same machinery, Last year, they knew it was Villeneuve last season in a BAR and Button was the Future so everytime they had a new piece, to who they gave it to try it ? Button oubviously.
And let's not forget that this year BAR is better than Williams one and that's because of this year BAR is 100% Willis one of the best, on the same note last year Williams was a Willis car.

Old
05-21-2004, 10:56 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Jacques coming back is basically a very good thing.It won't fix the real problem of racing destroyed by pitstops, it destroys way more racing/passing than it creates. Go back to full tanks and tire changes only.

Old
05-21-2004, 10:58 PM
incawg

im a big Villeneuve fan and a big Williams fan, so this match works for me

Old
05-22-2004, 03:53 AM
Strizzi

I think he'll be whining too much, he won't be able to challenge Schumi. Therefore not so good.

Old
05-22-2004, 04:35 AM
Korhonen

I don't think that Villeneuve's comeback would change anything in the Formula 1. Currently there are enough talented drivers like Räikkönen, Montoya, Alonso, Webber and Button but the problem is that none of them has a car that could challenge Ferrari and Schumacher. I believe that Villeneuve with motivation might be in the top 5 drivers in the world but I'm positive that he wouldn't be able to challenge Schumi.

I'm really hoping that some team could soon challenge Ferrari. At the moment it's more boring than ever!

Old
05-22-2004, 07:43 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
i have to agree with Korhonen, the problem isn't Schumacher alone but also the car he sits in, if it was only Schumacher then Barrichelo wouldn't hold the advantage that he does over the rest of the field.

Also I just see problems, Villeneuve has one of the biggest ego problems in F1 and you think he would want to go to Williams and be relied upon to be the support driver. HELL NO he would want to be their main driver.

But no doubt that he is a talent and it is good that he's back, he's one of those drivers that doesnt give away anything no matter who it is a real fighter.

Closed Thread