HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EHM Career Game, anyone? - THE END

Old
08-27-2010, 11:01 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

vCash: 500
Also, as you may or may not know, I recently started my own GM game where I'm actually playing it instead of just simming big chunks for the story. I'm in my 2nd year with LA and have had such ridiculous injury issues that, even though I was 1 point from 8th at the deadline, I decided to gut my team. Most notably, Selanne got moved, but after the day, I ended up with four 1sts, six 2nds, seven 3rds, and three 4ths for this year, plus a few more 2nds for next year.

And now I've taken the 8th spot.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 02:16 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Yikes. Regier needed some AHL time, he wasn't ready to jump right in to the NHL.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 03:10 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
Also, as you may or may not know, I recently started my own GM game where I'm actually playing it instead of just simming big chunks for the story. I'm in my 2nd year with LA and have had such ridiculous injury issues that, even though I was 1 point from 8th at the deadline, I decided to gut my team. Most notably, Selanne got moved, but after the day, I ended up with four 1sts, six 2nds, seven 3rds, and three 4ths for this year, plus a few more 2nds for next year.

And now I've taken the 8th spot.
I was dead last my first year and got Taylor Hall on the Kings. Only Kopitar and Johnson are still around. I've won 5 Cups in 7 years since and Kopitar has 5 Harts, Johnson has 1 and 3 Norris Awards, and two of my traded first round picks that I received are a Forsberg and Crosby clone. Burgess, the Forsberg clone had 168 points last year, his 4th in the league with back to back 60 goal seasons.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 03:13 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
I agree. BUT, if you were running a career game, I'd definitely follow it.
Just thought I'd ask before offering around the baseball thread. And yeah I'm probably gonna do a career game if I can get it to work.

Old
08-27-2010, 03:18 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
I was dead last my first year and got Taylor Hall on the Kings. Only Kopitar and Johnson are still around. I've won 5 Cups in 7 years since and Kopitar has 5 Harts, Johnson has 1 and 3 Norris Awards, and two of my traded first round picks that I received are a Forsberg and Crosby clone. Burgess, the Forsberg clone had 168 points last year, his 4th in the league with back to back 60 goal seasons.
I forgot to move Johnson to the Kings before I started the game, so he's still a Cane. I did make some trades for D-men prospects, though. I've got Shea Weber, Mike Green, Orpik, and drafted Ryan Wilson. And beyond Kopitar at center, I've got Brule, Zajac, and Steven Dabney.

Old
08-27-2010, 03:36 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
I forgot to move Johnson to the Kings before I started the game, so he's still a Cane. I did make some trades for D-men prospects, though. I've got Shea Weber, Mike Green, Orpik, and drafted Ryan Wilson. And beyond Kopitar at center, I've got Brule, Zajac, and Steven Dabney.
I'm in 2016-2017 so some of my Centers are wingers now.

Stastny - Crosby - Burgess
Clowe - Harrison - Kopitar
Popov - Kesler - Day

Keith - Johnson
Hedman - McClean
Regehr - Ekegren

Lessard
Vorontsov

Lessard has the records for wins by a Kings goalie, Vorontsov is the best prospect in hockey, Harrison is the Crosby clone and I have enough A prospects in Manchester to field a team. Cant believe I got Duncan Keith for so little.

Old
08-27-2010, 04:30 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
I'm in 2016-2017 so some of my Centers are wingers now.

Stastny - Crosby - Burgess
Clowe - Harrison - Kopitar
Popov - Kesler - Day

Keith - Johnson
Hedman - McClean
Regehr - Ekegren

Lessard
Vorontsov

Lessard has the records for wins by a Kings goalie, Vorontsov is the best prospect in hockey, Harrison is the Crosby clone and I have enough A prospects in Manchester to field a team. Cant believe I got Duncan Keith for so little.
Not.Bad.

I just stopped it at the Entry Draft. I have the 8th, 14th, 17th, and 28th picks. I want to get Kane, but he's going to go 2nd. I could trade the later three picks for him....or I could use the 14th and draft Duddy.

Old
08-27-2010, 04:40 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Not.Bad.

I just stopped it at the Entry Draft. I have the 8th, 14th, 17th, and 28th picks. I want to get Kane, but he's going to go 2nd. I could trade the later three picks for him....or I could use the 14th and draft Duddy.
Here's the real question--do you eventually plan on drafting Regier??

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 05:01 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Here's the real question--do you eventually plan on drafting Regier??
I have no idea, to be honest. Given his current performance in 2011...I might take a flier on him in the 5th.

Old
08-27-2010, 11:33 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Just had a pretty good offseason with my Kings. After my offseason signings:

Madden - Datsyuk - Forsberg
Frolov - Peca - Kane
Moreau - Kopitar - Brown

Visnovski - Morris
R. Wilson - Orpik
Kloucek - M. Green

Miller
LaBarbera

Old
08-27-2010, 11:40 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Just had a pretty good offseason with my Kings. After my offseason signings:

Frolov - Peca - Kane
Moreau - Kopitar - Brown

Visnovski - Morris
R. Wilson - Orpik
Kloucek - M. Green

Miller
LaBarbera
Sabres had a legit shot at the Cup one of the years I didn't make it, but then lost Miller and Crosby and Vanek in the same offseason. So realistic.

Old
08-28-2010, 12:03 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Just added Wayne Primeau and George Parros to my 4th line. I'm trying to get JLGP for the RW slot.

EDIT:

I gave up on JLGP. Instead, I moved Moreau to the 4th line LW spot and traded for Parise.

Frolov - Parise - Kane
Brown - Peca - Kopitar
Moreau - Primeau - Parros

Quote:
Sabres had a legit shot at the Cup one of the years I didn't make it, but then lost Miller and Crosby and Vanek in the same offseason. So realistic.

I believe it.

Last edited by BackGroundMusic: 08-28-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old
08-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Not.Bad.

So where did my guy end up? and how is he performing in your GM game?

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 07:41 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDDY View Post
So where did my guy end up? and how is he performing in your GM game?
You were drafted 3rd by the Bruins. When I inquired about the cost of acquiring you, they asked for the 14th overall.

If I were to guess off the top of my head, I think that in my GM game, he's already slightly better than he is in the Career game. Much better speed, as it was a random assignment both times.

Old
08-29-2010, 08:11 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

April 28th, 2011

Montreal Canadiens' LW Christoph Gaspar has been selected to represent Germany at the upcoming World Championships. He is expected to be centering the top line, with Marco Sturm and Dan Kreutzer on the wings.

Old
08-30-2010, 08:14 AM
OcAirlines

No one else makes this german squad? Are they so good ?

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 09:25 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
No one else makes this german squad? Are they so good ?
You and Grunville are both with your club teams. The Habs are already out of the playoffs.

Old
08-30-2010, 10:36 AM
OcAirlines

Quote:
You and Grunville are both with your club teams. The Habs are already out of the playoffs.
They can't even get a guy from the AHL playing? Damn !

Old
08-30-2010, 02:13 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Couple of things from my GM game:

1 - I was drafted by the Devils in the 1st round, 15th overall. Signed an ELC right away. Then in August, got traded to Anaheim for their 1st. I inquired about the cost of me and acquired myself for the price of Konstantin Koltsov.

2 - I just got a message saying a new ownership group has taken control of Phoenix. I've played probably 50 years in this game and never got that before.

Old
08-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

woah, move to Hamilton coming?

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 10:07 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

May 17th, 2011

The Russians have won the World Championships, defeating Sweden 6-2. Alex Korolyuk had a goal and 3 assists in the goal medal game.

In 6 games for the Germans, Gaspar registered a goal and an assist, finishing the tournament at a -4.

Old
08-31-2010, 10:18 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Do people still care about this one, or should I just retire it now that there's a new game?

Old
08-31-2010, 10:36 PM
OcAirlines

I still care about this one but i don't have much to add to the Gaspar-updates and the EHM-smalltalk cause i don't own the program.

Old
08-31-2010, 10:55 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

June 7th, 2011

Steven Dabney - Another disappointing year for the Coyotes centerman. He played 73 games, mostly on the 4th line, and scored 5 goals and added 8 assists, finishing at a -17. Overall, the Coyotes had a successful season, however, reaching the Western Conference Finals before being swept by the Flames. Dabney's contract expires later this month.
Career highs: Powerplay assists [1], takeaways [11].

Thomas Duddy - Another player buried on the 4th line, Duddy put up some career highs this season, but nothing close to his potential. Playing a career low 8:14 a game, the big centerman finished with 6 goals and 8 assists. He was a -13 on the year, and ended the season with 19 hits and 19 blocked shots. His contract expires at the end of the month.
Career highs: Assists [8], points [14], +/-, shooting percentage [11.3], blocked shots.

Christoph Gaspar - Gaspar is slowly moving up the Habs LW depth chart, but they continue to have lotto picks, likely picking at the 5 spot later this month. Playing in 77 games, the slick German scored 8 goals and added 20 helpers, finishing at a +1, the first time that he has been a plus player in his career.
Career highs: Goals, assists, points, +/-, GWG [2], takeaways [12],

Nick Grunville - Grunville posted nearly identical numbers with EC Bad Tolz this season as he led the tier 2 German squad in most offensive categories. Playing in all 50 games, he had 26 goals and 28 assists for 54 points; last season, he had 21 and 32 for 53 points. Perhaps the most promising number is that he scored 5 more goals this season while taking 10 fewer shots. He played 4 seconds more per game this year. He has one more year on his current deal. He will make $26k. He did earn $850 for scoring 5 powerplay goals.
Career highs: Goals, points, shooting percentage [13], powerplay goals [5], powerplay assists [11], powerplay points [16], shorthanded goals [1], shorthanded points [1], GWG [3], GTG [2], giveaways [27], misconducts [1], ATOI [28:09].

Nicholas Guy - Guy played half a season with Dynamo Moscow of the Russian Super League and was a steady contributor from the blueline. In 28 games, he had 3 goals and 9 assists on 34 shots, with 4 of the points coming with the manpower advantage, ending the season at a -7. He tallied 65 minutes in the box. He averaged 25:37 a game, typically paired with former New York Islander Evgeny Korolev. The best number for Guy is a career statistic: from the 2005-2006 season through the 2010-2011 season, he has totaled 1 giveaway and 620 takeaways. He has another year on his contract and is set to make $220k.

Darcy Regier, Jr. - Man oh man do the Wings suck. Playing in 33 games, Regier notched an 8-16-6 record, a 4.31 GAA, and a .867 save percentage. For those keeping score at home, the GAA and save percentage are nearly identical to last season's marks of 4.29 and .866. Luckily for either the Wings or Darcy himself, his contract expires at the end of the month.

Dave Trippler - Trippler spent the year in Springfield of the AHL and while he didn't continue his point-per-game pace that he started the season with, he did finish his best statistical year at any level. His contract expires at the end of this month.
Career highs: Goals [13], assists [24], points [37], +/- [-1], shots [203], first star [1], powerplay assists [7], powerplay points [10], GWG [2], hits [1], giveaways [29], takeaways [1], blocked shots [1], ATOI [19:01].

Andrew Turnwall - An interesting turn of events for the Lightning defenseman: with the end of the season approaching and Tampa locked into either the 5th or 6th seed, Turnwall publicly expressed displeasure with the squad's position in the standings, despite the team having 101 points. As a result, he was scratched for the final game of the regular season and for one playoff game as the Bolts lost in the first round in 5 games.
Career highs: Games played [81], goals [3], assists [23], +/- [4], shots [81], shooting percentage [3.7], powerplay goals [2], powerplay points [3], hits [97], giveaways [147], takeaways [20], blocked shots [51], ATOI [21:31]

Around the NHL

Calgary won the Cup in 7 over Ottawa. Iginla had 2 goals in the 4-1 game 7 victory.

Kovalchuk led the league with 153 points. Iginla led with 86 goals. Kovalchuk had 80. Third place was Ovechkin with 70.

Calder - Thomas Kudelka [Patrice Cormier was 2nd while Taylor Hall finished 3rd]
Art Ross, Hart - Kovalchuk
Richard - St. Louis
Masterton - Niklas Nordgren
Pearson, Rocket Richard, Conn Smythe - Iggy
Selke - John Madden
Jack Adams - Larry Robinson
Norris - McCabe
King Clancy - Naslund
Lady Byng - Paul Kariya
Vezina - Kiprusoff
Jennings - Kiprusoff
+/- Award - Iggy
Roger Crozier Saving Grace - Kiprusoff

Old
09-01-2010, 12:15 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
June 7th, 2011

Steven Dabney - Another disappointing year for the Coyotes centerman. He played 73 games, mostly on the 4th line, and scored 5 goals and added 8 assists, finishing at a -17. Overall, the Coyotes had a successful season, however, reaching the Western Conference Finals before being swept by the Flames. Dabney's contract expires later this month.
Career highs: Powerplay assists [1], takeaways [11].

Seems they could have used a top flight defender...

Displeasure with the playoffs? Who pissed in my coffee?