HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pavel Bure

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2004, 11:24 PM
richardn

vCash: 500
Pavel Bure

I was wondering if anyone heard any news on Pavel Bure making a comeback next year. If he does where do you think he will go? I would love to see him go to the Leafs and be reunited with Mogiliny, the Leafs could then turn arround and trade to get Federov. I wonder if that trio will ever be reunited again. Reallisticly I don't see Bure or Federov going to the Leafs, it would be nice though. Look how the Leafs lines would look .

Roberts - Sundin - Nolan
Mogiliny - Federov - Bure
Ponikarovsky - Nieuwendyk - Kilger
Tucker - Stajan - Domi

Old
05-21-2004, 11:32 PM
Stephen

No, I don't really want the Leafs to go after more old injury prone players. They break down at the worst times and the team always suffers for it.

Old
05-21-2004, 11:38 PM
Russian_fanatic

Bure , will go to the team that offers him the most I want Bure to come back soo badly he was my hero . Plus Mogilny , and Bure don't like each other ...

Old
05-22-2004, 04:21 AM
myrocketsgotcracked

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
Bure , will go to the team that offers him the most I want Bure to come back soo badly he was my hero . Plus Mogilny , and Bure don't like each other ...
i thought dat bure and mogilny dont like to play on the same line with each other, because both like to play on the right side, its not that they dont like each other.
now bure and fedorov, THEY dont like each other

Old
05-22-2004, 05:14 AM
I.am.ca

"Bro's b4 *o's"

That's the saying.

I was a Pavel Bure fan, as i am a vancouver born canuck fan and we just love our players (except Krutov- you fat *******), Bure is just done. His knee(s) are shot and one more hard hit or any tweeking of the knee, he's done. Thats alot of money to pay to a guy and a huge hit to take when he's not in your lineup regularly.

If Bure was smart, he would go up to Europe and play, less phsyical contact and the money isn't too bad, its not like he's struggling financially he's been paid very well.

Old
05-22-2004, 05:48 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
I seem to recall hearing that Bure was going to be training to get back in shape soon, possibly in time for the World Cup. So I'd think a return to NHL competition could be in the cards, depended on how that goes.

~Canucklehead~

05-22-2004, 06:33 AM

I remember when he first broke into the league. He would tear it up with his speed and puck handling. I hope he gets better and I would like to see him in the NHL again possibly on a line with Afinogenov and Connolly.

Old
05-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Russian_fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by #7
I remember when he first broke into the league. He would tear it up with his speed and puck handling. I hope he gets better and I would like to see him in the NHL again possibly on a line with Afinogenov and Connolly.
Can you say speed line

Old
05-22-2004, 11:03 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
I was wondering if anyone heard any news on Pavel Bure making a comeback next year. If he does where do you think he will go? I would love to see him go to the Leafs and be reunited with Mogiliny, the Leafs could then turn arround and trade to get Federov. I wonder if that trio will ever be reunited again. Reallisticly I don't see Bure or Federov going to the Leafs, it would be nice though. Look how the Leafs lines would look .

Roberts - Sundin - Nolan
Tucker - Stajan - Domi
At last report in MArch---Bure's knees had not responed to treatments--so it still sounds the rocket is grounded---remember it is BOTH his kness

Old
05-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:

Roberts - Sundin - Nolan
Tucker - Stajan - Domi
If you want a player with bad knees, why not go after Bobby Orr?? Plus at his age he would fit in on the leafs team. :lol

Old
05-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Traitor8

That line would be sick when healthy but Bure,Nolan,Nieuewndyk,Roberts would all go down. Moginly will regress and might have an injury too. Kilger will disappear during the season and won't be more then a 13th forward.

And finally why would Fedorov and Bure join the leafs? when Fedorov has a contract with the Ducks.

Old
05-22-2004, 03:48 PM
I.am.ca

Isn't Connolly's head like glass right now? The guy was out for pretty much the whole season wasn't he?

Old
05-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
Bure is earning $10 million a year. If he ever returns, it'll have be with the Rags.

Old
05-22-2004, 04:19 PM
AEKaki

Quote:

Roberts - Sundin - Nolan
Tucker - Stajan - Domi
50 million over the cap too

Old
05-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chehabi
Bure is earning $10 million a year. If he ever returns, it'll have be with the Rags.
according to what I've read, he has an option for next season at 11 million and that's all that is left on his contract. If the Rangers don't pick up the option, then he's a UFA and signing wherever he wants

Old
05-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
according to what I've read, he has an option for next season at 11 million and that's all that is left on his contract. If the Rangers don't pick up the option, then he's a UFA and signing wherever he wants
100% correct!

Old
05-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Til the End of Time

I know both of his knees are damaged, but I was wondering, have his knees always been a problem for him, and was there a particular incident with the Rangers that really messed him up?

Old
05-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time
I know both of his knees are damaged, but I was wondering, have his knees always been a problem for him, and was there a particular incident with the Rangers that really messed him up?
Been a problem for a while, missed time in Vancouver and in Florida due to knee injuries.

Old
05-22-2004, 07:58 PM
OlliMackBjugStud
Touch My Donskoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. kØUkLØs
50 million over the cap too
there is no cap.

dr

Closed Thread