HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2011 U.S. National Junior Team Summer Camp Roster announced

Old
06-17-2010, 03:04 PM
puck swami

vCash: 500
2011 U.S. National Junior Team Summer Camp Roster announced

Interesting group.....

http://www.usahockey.com//Template_U...1_06&ID=288572

puck swami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 02:01 PM
petrklima85

This is the evaluation to begin forming the team that will represent America at the WJC in Buffalo this Christmas, correct ? If so, I was really curious, and now disappointed, to see that Alexander Galchenyuk wasn't brought in for a look-see. If I remember correctly, when he was drafted by the Sting, he had not played for either country (USA or Russia) internationally, effectively making him free to play for whichever side gives him the first opportunity.

Is this correct, or am I just being dim ?

petrklima85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2010, 02:40 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrklima85 View Post
This is the evaluation to begin forming the team that will represent America at the WJC in Buffalo this Christmas, correct ? If so, I was really curious, and now disappointed, to see that Alexander Galchenyuk wasn't brought in for a look-see. If I remember correctly, when he was drafted by the Sting, he had not played for either country (USA or Russia) internationally, effectively making him free to play for whichever side gives him the first opportunity.

Is this correct, or am I just being dim ?
Galchenyuk is a 1994 birth year. The '91 and '92 age groups for American Players is pretty deep. There weren't even any '93 birth years invited, and there are some high-end guys in that group such as Rocco Grimaldi, Seth Ambroz and Shane McColgan. Galchenyuk would have to be a generational talent to even really be considered and if he hypothetically made Team USA this year, he'd be eligible for 4 WJCs, something no American player has ever done.

Plus, just inviting him to the camp wouldn't lock him into Team USA. He'd have to actually make the team, which he wouldn't. If he has a good year in Sarnia and he's available in that they don't go past the 1st round of the playoffs (not likely), you'll likely see Team USA pursue him for next year's World Under-18 Championships to possibly lock him into Team USA.

07-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Rally Donkey

Looks like they can put together a strong team from that list. Any chance the NHL Entry draft results will influence them to pull in others for evaluation?

Rally Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 04:36 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Should be a solid team

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote