HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I am disgusted

Old
07-02-2010, 04:52 AM
mypunkrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Who would we be trading Gagne to make room for? Jones, obviously. C'mon man, you know this!
Jones, OKT, and Chris Chelios. Hell, Modano is available, he can be our third line center.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 07:26 AM
DUHockey9

I woke up this morning, and I am no longer angry. Now I am just sad. I'm still hoping there are pieces to fall.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 09:47 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
You could not be more wrong. Put Meszaros with Pronger for a year and stick Carle back in Tampa for a year and see what you think then.

The level of *****ing and whining on this board is pathetic. So you think we should have signed mason or Ellis and O'Donnell and that's it - now what if Holmgren signs Thomas after trading away Gagne for some picks? The Flyers become drastically better in goal and on defense. Sure losing Gagne hurts offensively but adding that much to the defense and in net makes the Flyers favorites to win it all if you ask me.
No sir, you truly have no idea what the **** you are talking about.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 10:55 AM
TOCxNJ

So Ek (yea I know) mentioned something about Chi looking at Turco for a backup...sounds ridiculous...but if the Hawks were to seriously pick up Turco on the cheap as a backup, I will lose all faith in this team.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
So like....are we really out of the goalie race? Like seriously?????

How is this possible. I thought for sure we would have locked up a solid goaltender. How on efffffffffffffffffing earth(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!) can our management be so friggin stupid to think that Leight/Boosh is the answer.

So...no Mason, Nabby, Turco, Thomas, Ellis, Halak, Biron, Nitty...

DOESN'T ANY FRIGGIN GOALIE WANT TO JOIN A TEAM THAT MADE IT TO THE CUP FINALS!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!?
Thomas is under contract and it's a very large contract. Anyone in here blasting management for reason A, B, and C and then asking for Thomas is a total hypocrite. Halak was Montreal's decision, they went WAY out of their way to NOT trade him within the Eastern Conference.

Biron and Niitty would have been lateral moves, no one was keen on Biron as a starter (he even got a lousy backup job) and Niitty at $2M as a starter is a gamble I'll let the Sharks take.

I cannot fully explain the Ellis or Mason situations but do you really think we'd be sweeping Broad Street signing either of those dudes?

Turco, Nabokov and a host of guys potentially available but under contract are still out there. They have kicked the tires on Nabby and Turco, I don't get why they wouldn't leave some cap space for those guys in a deflated market but I am guessing a pro front office has more inside info than a bunch of fans and a few semi pro journalists here. I do not believe they'd have acquired Meszaros without some plan to deal a DMan for a goalie, I know Homer is always looking for buy-low deals on defenders but this one is too much of a reach not have another shoe set to drop IMO.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 02:28 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

this is a cluster****

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

that does not seem feasible, what would they do waive huet to minors? i imagine he'd clear waivers but they would still have to pay him.

also turco is still better than niemi IMO.

whole thing sounds like BS.

i thought chicago might go after mason but same three-goalie issue plus i bet he was a little outside their budget. i dont imagine turco is going to sign cheap now. if he were willing to sign cheap, why didn't he sign when the flyers offered him a deal that was worth more than mason's? i guess one could say the same of biron and niittymaki last year though.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote