HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Game 7 Flyers @ Tampa Bay; 7pm EDT, ESPN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2004, 08:47 PM
  #76
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I hope the Flyers players get a good look at this Prince of Wales trophy because they're not going to see it for a while. And when I mean see it I mean in the ECF's. This team will look totally different, and really need to start to rebuild because the core of this team is too old.
What makes you think that? This team will only be better next year. 6 NHL defensemen (including Desjardins), a more confident Esche, year 3 of Hitchcock, and an all around healthier team.

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:47 PM
  #77
Bloody Sabbath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,263
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Bloody Sabbath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Tampa - Calgary final ? yuck
what's wrong with that? it's two extememly fast hard working teams that play an openly offensive style. it sure beats last years crappy series.

Bloody Sabbath is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:48 PM
  #78
Dr Love
Registered User
 
Dr Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 20,378
vCash: 500
I'm at a loss for words. This doesn't feel nearly as bad as 2000 though.

Dr Love is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:48 PM
  #79
Terrier
Registered User
 
Terrier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Waltham, MA
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Tampa - Calgary final ? yuck

I wanted the Flyers to win
Look on the bright side: at least we don't have to endure another final involving the Devils. Give the Bolts their due. They're a hundred times better to watch.

Terrier is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:48 PM
  #80
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
What makes you think that? This team will only be better next year. 6 NHL defensemen (including Desjardins), a more confident Esche, year 3 of Hitchcock, and an all around healthier team.
Pitkanen as well.

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:49 PM
  #81
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 19,475
vCash: 500
Well, Robert Esche showed up, it's too bad his offense didn't.

Rabid Ranger is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:49 PM
  #82
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 500
Well boyz, it's been quite a season, I'm officially depressed now and am a couple minutes away from going out and making myself drunk stupid. Time to hop on the Calgary bandwagon. GKJ, you jinxed us! I knew I had to make the GDT

Teezax is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:49 PM
  #83
Flyman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 921
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Well, I'm totally disgusted, and devastated...
I always hated Tampa...but now, it's gonna be worse!!!

Anyway, congrats to all the team, because what they have done is exceptionnal due to all the injuries!!


I think we'll have to discuss tomorrow about the future of that team...but now, it's way too early.

Flyman is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:50 PM
  #84
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
I actually don't feel too bad. I don't usually show my face on these boards after the final game but not this year. I don't know why this is. Perhaps I'm confident about next year.

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:51 PM
  #85
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
I'm at a loss for words. This doesn't feel nearly as bad as 2000 though.

I disagree. This feels a whole lot worse. At least when Jersey came back, they were the wily veterans who had won before, and beat the Flyers before. This year we were the ones who had seen the battles, we knew what it took to win a series like this. Shots on goal was 7-1 in the first at one point. In a situation where Ken Hitchcock says you need to survive, they dominated, and they lost because they didn't score at that point. Plus they simply had nothing doing in the 3rd.


BTW---I didn't realize this as well. Keith Primeau has been the hero for us in this playoffs...he had 2 points on the road. 2! We bowed down to him after Game 6 (2 goals in game 6, 3 vs Toronto in game 5). 2 points on the road? And other than the partial breakaway he had, he was rather invisible. In fact I could go down the line of people who were invisible it's a wonder this game was only 2-1.


Last edited by GKJ: 05-22-2004 at 08:56 PM.
GKJ is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:51 PM
  #86
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Here's hoping to Calgary wins. TB fans (at least the ones on these boards) don't deserve it.

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:52 PM
  #87
King Fish
Registered User
 
King Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Where's ma pizza?
Posts: 994
vCash: 500
GO FLAMES GO! Is it too early to talk about Carter, Richards, Ruzicka and line combo's next year...if there is a next year? Who will make the team and who is out on the street? I can't think or talk about this loss so let's talk about the prospects, it's the only think to ease the pain.

King Fish is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:52 PM
  #88
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
What makes you think that? This team will only be better next year. 6 NHL defensemen (including Desjardins), a more confident Esche, year 3 of Hitchcock, and an all around healthier team.
there may be no next season, and we may have to wait 2 years before we see the ornage and black skate again. Then our older players, Recchi, Leclair, Desjardins, Malakhov, Amonte and the like will be that much older.
This year to get us to where we got, we had to sacrifice alot of youth in trades, as we did in previous years. We can't afford to do that now.
The days of the last Legion of Doom player, and the last Crazy Eight's player are over. Time to start a new chapter for this team.

RoDu is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:53 PM
  #89
Diesel
Registered User
 
Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
There's not going to be a next year, but, oddly enough, I'm actually looking forward to the lock out. I have a feeling the NHL will be a better product when it finally comes back. And the Flyers have some good young players coming up so it should be exciting. If the Eagles don't win the superbowl this year, though, I am no longer a Philadelphia sports fan. I know that sounds harsh, but I feel like after all these years of dissapointment, I have to do something bold. Maybe it will sing the tide of karma in our favor, maybe not. But I can't help but to have this "what have you done for me lately?" type of attitude.

Diesel is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:55 PM
  #90
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 500
I'm proud of this team. They went through hell and back with all their injuries this year and didn't quit. They played their ***** of tonight(not the powerplay, they sucked) If I was still wearing my cap, I'd take it off to them

RoDu is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:56 PM
  #91
Diesel
Registered User
 
Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_tml89
what's wrong with that? it's two extememly fast hard working teams that play an openly offensive style. it sure beats last years crappy series.
The Stanley Cup Finals was going to get poor ratings already, but now they are going to be downright dreadful.

Diesel is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:57 PM
  #92
Dr Love
Registered User
 
Dr Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 20,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I disagree. This feels a whole lot worse. At least when Jersey came back, they were the wily veterans who had won before, and beat the Flyers before. This year we were the ones who had seen the battles, we knew what it took to win a series like this. Shots on goal was 7-1 in the first at one point. In a situation where Ken Hitchcock says you need to survive, they dominated, and they lost because they didn't score at that point. Plus they simply had nothing doing in the 3rd.
No, this one, to me, doesn't feel worse at all. In 2000 the Flyers got to the ECF because of a hot goalie, and the whole Lindros thing only made the pain worse. This year they got there because of great all around team play, and a majority of the players showing up.

And very importantly, there aren't any big looming questions this offseason.

P.S. Go Flames. I could care less about Tampa.

Dr Love is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:57 PM
  #93
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
The Stanley Cup Finals was going to get poor ratings already, but now they are going to be downright dreadful.
poor ratings in the US, but they will be some of the highest in Canada

RoDu is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:58 PM
  #94
King Fish
Registered User
 
King Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Where's ma pizza?
Posts: 994
vCash: 500
Is there a web site that will tell you players contracts and such?

King Fish is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:59 PM
  #95
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
The team gave everything they had, problem was there was nothing left.


Too much energy had to be spent in the 3rd period and OT of game 7. The legs were gone.

There's a reason why it's the toughest trophy to win in all of sports.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:59 PM
  #96
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 500
go Flames, my only team left in my work hockey pool

RoDu is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 09:01 PM
  #97
Flyers26
 
Flyers26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: We must accept disap
Country: United States
Posts: 7,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
The team gave everything they had, problem was there was nothing left.


Too much energy had to be spent in the 3rd period and OT of game 7. The legs were gone.

There's a reason why it's the toughest trophy to win in all of sports.
This series was lost, not because of dead legs, expelling too much energy, this series was lost because of SPECIAL TEAMS! They dominated us, period! We had 2 power play chances in the 1st, and did nothing, they had their 1, and scored in 13 seconds!
Special Teams lost this series for us/

Flyers26 is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 09:02 PM
  #98
Clancy
Registered User
 
Clancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
Leclair was horrible tonight....i would've rather they played sharp some. well johnny vermont has been invisible through the last few playoffs, so nothing new. i think that bad call at about half way through the 3rd really hurt our chances, took 2 minutes of valuable time that we could've used to come back.

Clancy is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 09:04 PM
  #99
Dr Love
Registered User
 
Dr Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 20,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BClanc159
Leclair was horrible tonight....i would've rather they played sharp some. well johnny vermont has been invisible through the last few playoffs, so nothing new. i think that bad call at about half way through the 3rd really hurt our chances, took 2 minutes of valuable time that we could've used to come back.
LeClair has been horrible for the past three years. To expect anything out of him is foolish, he is beyond a shell of his former self. Him and Amonte have become useless, but because of their contracts no one is going to take them in trades.

Dr Love is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 09:04 PM
  #100
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
This series was lost, not because of dead legs, expelling too much energy, this series was lost because of SPECIAL TEAMS! They dominated us, period! We had 2 power play chances in the 1st, and did nothing, they had their 1, and scored in 13 seconds!
Special Teams lost this series for us/
Agreed, that special teams was the difference in the series, but tonight, there was nothing left, they were going to need a shutout by Esche or some help from Khabibulin.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.