HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean O'Donnell to the Flyers / Appreciation Thread

Old
07-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Randart

vCash: 500
All The Best Sean...

Was a huge fan of OD when he played here on the first go round and he showed what a class leader he was on the second round... You will be missed, good luck with da Flyer's!

Sadly this opens a spot for Petey Harold! Ooooh Lay, Whoosh the way to the goalie just opened wide! God help us!

Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:11 PM
GOB Bluth

I'm really going to miss this guy. Hopefully he comes back when he decides to hang them up at the end of the year.

GOB Bluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 11:56 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

hey guys, flyers fan here. just wondering what you guys can tell me about his play? i've never really been too farmiliar with him over his career. will he be a guy that can be relied on in a 3rd pairing roll to not make stupid plays in his own end? is he a guy we will continuously be grieving about?

and answer me this question; do you ever find yourself wincing when he steps on the ice? haha
if the answer is no, then he should be a good pickup for a 6th/7th type of roll.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
hey guys, flyers fan here. just wondering what you guys can tell me about his play? i've never really been too farmiliar with him over his career. will he be a guy that can be relied on in a 3rd pairing roll to not make stupid plays in his own end? is he a guy we will continuously be grieving about?

and answer me this question; do you ever find yourself wincing when he steps on the ice? haha
if the answer is no, then he should be a good pickup for a 6th/7th type of roll.
Pros: Solid stay at home d-man, very physical, great in the room, good mentor to the kids.

Cons: Occasional dumb penalty (hooking/holding), very slow, towards the end of the year was a disaster in his own zone.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 12:55 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post

Much to what Reaper said, he's a stay at home defenseman with some snarl that's a good teammate and mentor to young defenseman. By the end of the year/playoffs, he was terrible though. He and Randy Jones were almost equally cringe worthy. Slow'd really is at the end of his line but I think he can maybe give another decent season as a depth guy assuming the Flyers use him appropriately, something Terry Murray didn't, although part of it was lack of better options.

If he gets 10-12 minutes a game, along with some healthy scratches at opportune times, he should be a valuable piece to have in that 3rd pairing. He's still effective on the PK as well. Any more than that and I suspect you'll be cringing more than you'd like.

07-02-2010, 01:02 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Much to what Reaper said, he's a stay at home defenseman with some snarl that's a good teammate and mentor to young defenseman. By the end of the year/playoffs, he was terrible though. He and Randy Jones were almost equally cringe worthy. Slow'd really is at the end of his line but I think he can maybe give another decent season as a depth guy assuming the Flyers use him appropriately, something Terry Murray didn't, although part of it was lack of better options.

If he gets 10-12 minutes a game, along with some healthy scratches at opportune times, he should be a valuable piece to have in that 3rd pairing. He's still effective on the PK as well. Any more than that and I suspect you'll be cringing more than you'd like.
thanks a lot guys. i don't really expect him to hold a full time 6th spot. i expect him to share it with Oskars Bartulis unless one of the two shows they deserve to keep it for the long haul. we need 3rd pairing depth, which showed this past offseason, so i think this is a smart move for us to make.

anyway, thanks for the help. and here's to hoping you guys land kovy so i don't have to see him in the east or wearing that stupid jersey with the leaf on it.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 01:28 AM
KingCanadain1976

Wish you nothing but the best sean I hope you return someday in a coaching postion.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Mxpunk

Sorry to see OD go. Will miss him, but honestly, I don't know if we could use him as a player another year. Hopefully, he will be back as a coach...

Mxpunk is offline   Reply With Quote