HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ellis to Tampa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2010, 02:31 AM
  #51
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
guess what, yes Ellis was looking for a #1 spot after all, which he got by signing with Tampa Bay. You owe me some apologies, sir

Let's just say that there are more prima-donnas in this world than you think

The Sergei trade is looking worst now.

Let's watch Dustin Boyd signing somewhere else now...
Eliis has repeatedly said, even after signing in Tampa Bay, that he is not looking for a guaranteed number one role. He said being number one is not important, that he can work with and support another good goaltender, and I believe him. Even if he were tempted not too, his Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ would inspire him to the right path of cooperation and humility.

What Ellis did NOT expect was an intransigent position of a one-year offer at $1M and awkward silence in response to his question regarding whether he could at least count on playing a certain percentage of the time and not have his ass stapled to the bench all season. This latter question came up especially in view of the weakness of both the salary and term offers the Habs made him.

I think the Canadiens made a mistake in skimping a few hundred thousand dollars on the second goaltender spot in the lineup. Ellis is far more capable of playing a stretch of games, it would seem, than Auld, in case Price gets injured or has a temporary lull in performance.

It's one thing to have confidence in your home security system. It's another to sign up with a weak insurance company when you are talking about protecting the family's assets, just because you want to save a small amount of premiums, relative to the stakes.

Having said all that, I am ok with the Sergei trade, and happy that Dustin Boyd signed with us. His speed and character should be a great fit with us, and he is still only 23 years old!

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:25 AM
  #52
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Sergei was fkn useless and a cancer. don't be sad for his departure lol.

we're prolly getting a 5th overall for him, and maybe Dustin Boyd.
How bad does a team have to tank to pick 5th overall with a 5th round pick?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:12 AM
  #53
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Eliis has repeatedly said, even after signing in Tampa Bay, that he is not looking for a guaranteed number one role. He said being number one is not important, that he can work with and support another good goaltender, and I believe him. Even if he were tempted not too, his Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ would inspire him to the right path of cooperation and humility.

What Ellis did NOT expect was an intransigent position of a one-year offer at $1M and awkward silence in response to his question regarding whether he could at least count on playing a certain percentage of the time and not have his ass stapled to the bench all season. This latter question came up especially in view of the weakness of both the salary and term offers the Habs made him.

I think the Canadiens made a mistake in skimping a few hundred thousand dollars on the second goaltender spot in the lineup. Ellis is far more capable of playing a stretch of games, it would seem, than Auld, in case Price gets injured or has a temporary lull in performance.

It's one thing to have confidence in your home security system. It's another to sign up with a weak insurance company when you are talking about protecting the family's assets, just because you want to save a small amount of premiums, relative to the stakes.

Having said all that, I am ok with the Sergei trade, and happy that Dustin Boyd signed with us. His speed and character should be a great fit with us, and he is still only 23 years old!
Did you watch his TSN interview after signing with Tampa?

He clearly said that not signing with Montreal was NOT a question of money, but rather because the Habs would give Carey Price every opportunity to succeed and he did not want to be stuck in a position where he was not playing. This is what HE said. He even said he did not blame the Habs because Price was the best young goalie in the league (his words, not mine).

Ellis would have never signed in Montreal. He signed in Tampa because he CAN win the no.1 job and even if he doesn't, he knows he will get an equal share of games because Tampa management is not sold on their goalie.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:17 AM
  #54
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 50
Boyd will fill a very important role on the third line.
He's not huge but plays hard and physical. He's got a good scoring touch and speed.
If and or when AK falters on the second line this is a guy who can fill that spot and be successful.
he's not Darch or Pyatt, Boyd has skill on top of his great work ethic and effort.

I guarantee Montreal will love this Kid!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:23 AM
  #55
willalong
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Eliis has repeatedly said, even after signing in Tampa Bay, that he is not looking for a guaranteed number one role. He said being number one is not important, that he can work with and support another good goaltender, and I believe him. Even if he were tempted not too, his Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ would inspire him to the right path of cooperation and humility.

What Ellis did NOT expect was an intransigent position of a one-year offer at $1M and awkward silence in response to his question regarding whether he could at least count on playing a certain percentage of the time and not have his ass stapled to the bench all season. This latter question came up especially in view of the weakness of both the salary and term offers the Habs made him.

I think the Canadiens made a mistake in skimping a few hundred thousand dollars on the second goaltender spot in the lineup. Ellis is far more capable of playing a stretch of games, it would seem, than Auld, in case Price gets injured or has a temporary lull in performance.

It's one thing to have confidence in your home security system. It's another to sign up with a weak insurance company when you are talking about protecting the family's assets, just because you want to save a small amount of premiums, relative to the stakes.

Having said all that, I am ok with the Sergei trade, and happy that Dustin Boyd signed with us. His speed and character should be a great fit with us, and he is still only 23 years old!
There was an "awkward silence" regarding the question as to whether he would play a certain number of games"

Auld is more suited to the back up role, and Ellis wants the chance to be a starter. Not going to happen in Montreal.

How do you guys know so much about what is going on in the G.M.'s office....especially these "awkward silence" senarios you speak of.

Price is going to be the starter with support from a capable back up.

All the worries about injuries and slumps are realities to all teams.

Next time you have the privilege of being behind the scenes eve's dropping on private converstations regarding players let me see first hand so I can see for myself.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:30 AM
  #56
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willalong View Post
There was an "awkward silence" regarding the question as to whether he would play a certain number of games"

Auld is more suited to the back up role, and Ellis wants the chance to be a starter. Not going to happen in Montreal.

How do you guys know so much about what is going on in the G.M.'s office....especially these "awkward silence" senarios you speak of.

Price is going to be the starter with support from a capable back up.

All the worries about injuries and slumps are realities to all teams.

Next time you have the privilege of being behind the scenes eve's dropping on private converstations regarding players let me see first hand so I can see for myself.
At this point, it just a question of our personal interpretation. CLEARLY, Ellis has NO intention of playing behind a Luongo or a Brodeur. But frankly, we still to this day have no idea how the Price experiment will end up. Price was our go-to-guy last year. Halak ended up being the man. Any guy that has some confidence in his game might think he'd be able to do the same this year.

It's all great as a GM to say that your role will be to assist the guy who's your #1. You're just as #1 as your performances indicates. Ellis did talk about money and term as well.


Last edited by Whitesnake: 07-03-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:32 AM
  #57
willalong
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumFries View Post
I assumed the SK trade would backfire. I also assume Price will stutter next year again. Here's to hoping the Halak trade doesn't backfire.
Worry, worry, worry......it takes a worried man to sing a worried song.

Every move will back fire.....Price will studder...again.

Now you should have said "hope the Halak trade backfires" because that is what you really want.

Price is over 30 years old...he has had enough chances, can't people see that he is not 22 anymore.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:38 AM
  #58
willalong
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
At this point, it just a question of our personal interpretation. CLEARLY, Ellis has NO intention of playing behind a Luongo or a Brodeur. But frankly, we still to this day have no idea how the Price experiment will end up. Price was our go-to-guy last year. Halak ended up being the man. Any guy that has some confidence in his game might think he'd be able to do the same this year.

It's all great as a GM to say that your role will be to assist the guy who's your #1. You're just as #1 as your performances indicates.
Ellis did talk about money and term as well.
I will only say, Price is the man this year, you can mark it. Forget about the past.

Do you want Price to fail, do you think that he has had his quota of chances. Do you think that the Montreal management are blind.

Ellis wants the chance to be number 1, Price is getting that chance....like it or not.

Baseball coach did not answer the question about "awkward silences"....how did he know this.

There are so many things that are stated that have no basis in reality. I need to know how people, know things, that I do not get to observe and know.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:41 AM
  #59
willalong
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
At this point, it just a question of our personal interpretation. CLEARLY, Ellis has NO intention of playing behind a Luongo or a Brodeur. But frankly, we still to this day have no idea how the Price experiment will end up. Price was our go-to-guy last year. Halak ended up being the man. Any guy that has some confidence in his game might think he'd be able to do the same this year.

It's all great as a GM to say that your role will be to assist the guy who's your #1. You're just as #1 as your performances indicates.
Ellis did talk about money and term as well.
Price is not an "experiment" he is a "super star" in the making. Ellis has moved on, can't we?

Can't we just agree that I am right?

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:45 AM
  #60
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
At this point, it just a question of our personal interpretation. CLEARLY, Ellis has NO intention of playing behind a Luongo or a Brodeur. But frankly, we still to this day have no idea how the Price experiment will end up. Price was our go-to-guy last year. Halak ended up being the man. Any guy that has some confidence in his game might think he'd be able to do the same this year.

It's all great as a GM to say that your role will be to assist the guy who's your #1. You're just as #1 as your performances indicates. Ellis did talk about money and term as well.
Can you find me a quote of Ellis after signing with Tampa where he mentions money and term as one of the main reasons why he signed there?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533458

Here are a few quotes from him, he mentions new owner, new GM, new coach, great young players, a chance to compete for no.1 job, a goaltender he knows and is friends with, etc.. he never once even remotely mentions money.

Ellis did not sign here because he was told Carey Price is no.1, your job would be to mentor him and he said "No Thanks"

I don't blame him, but lets stop blaming Gauthier for not offering enough money or whatever ... simply Ellis did not want to sign in Montreal unless he had a chance to be no.1 and the Habs were not willing to give him or anybody else that chance. THAT we can blame them for.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:48 AM
  #61
willalong
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
I'm going to give PG the benifit of the doubt, and assume that Ellis wanted 2M or more to play here given the role situation an d taxes.

But on the surface it looks bad
trade an asset for nothing
sign a lesser player for a marginal discount

not much to like about the big picture, even if I
fine with auld
Say....I don't like Boyd, Boyd is nothing.

What big picture...... that big ole tree there, it is blocking your view of the forest.

Repeat after me....the tree is part of the forest, so if you look again you will notice things differently

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:49 AM
  #62
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willalong View Post
I will only say, Price is the man this year, you can mark it. Forget about the past.

Do you want Price to fail, do you think that he has had his quota of chances. Do you think that the Montreal management are blind.
Not sure where in my interpretation you see that I want him to fail. But I just see that we put the kid in the most problematic position. With the fact that he wasn't brought up properly. With the fact that with his off-ice activities, he started to be not very well liked by the fans and media. With the fact that Halak was treated as god by the same fans and media. And then you give him the net with no strong #1B behind? Not saying he's not going to overcome all this. If he can, give him the Vezina right away. But he's been put in the worst position of all.

Is the mananagement blind? Well love is often blind. They obviously don't do it on purpose. Nobody does, pretty sure Milbury didn't want to destroy his Isles over and over again. But they are human beings and can make mistakes. They thought he was ready before, made some changes to accomodate him and to this day, he didn't succeed. Were they blind before? Probably not. But their expectations were surely too high. Like it was too high in Pacioretty when most people in this board wanted him in the AHL and the Habs continued using him until they realized....he had to go.

I did say before, I couldn't care less if the management VOCALLY tells everybody who wants to listen that Price is your #1. You can tell to whoever goalies are out there. But the Habs #1 doesn't have the same credentials than the Jersey #1. A Hab #1 might have 55 starts. But that still leaves your #2 (or #1B) with 27 starts. That's not Jersey #2 with 10ish starts. And then depending on the stats, you never know...it might end up 50-30 and so on. Your kid is still #1. But instead of slowly developing him in the AHL, what you should have done, you have to slowly develop him in the NHL. Besides, even the Luongo's and Brodeur's shouldn't have 75 starts anymore. I'd like my goalie to be in top shape come playoff time. Maybe the Niemi and Leighton's, on top of playing with great teams, weren't the best goalies....but they surely were ones of the most fresh.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:51 AM
  #63
willalong
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Can you find me a quote of Ellis after signing with Tampa where he mentions money and term as one of the main reasons why he signed there?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533458

Here are a few quotes from him, he mentions new owner, new GM, new coach, great young players, a chance to compete for no.1 job, a goaltender he knows and is friends with, etc.. he never once even remotely mentions money.

Ellis did not sign here because he was told Carey Price is no.1, your job would be to mentor him and he said "No Thanks"

I don't blame him, but lets stop blaming Gauthier for not offering enough money or whatever ... simply Ellis did not want to sign in Montreal unless he had a chance to be no.1 and the Habs were not willing to give him or anybody else that chance. THAT we can blame them for.
They are giving Price that chance....to be number 1. nothing wrong with that my friend.

A future all star, hall of famer and leader on an up and coming Montreal team. OLE OLE OLE

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:56 AM
  #64
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not sure where in my interpretation you see that I want him to fail. But I just see that we put the kid in the most problematic position. With the fact that he wasn't brought up properly. With the fact that with his off-ice activities, he started to be not very well liked by the fans and media. With the fact that Halak was treated as god by the same fans and media. And then you give him the net with no strong #1B behind? Not saying he's not going to overcome all this. If he can, give him the Vezina right away. But he's been put in the worst position of all.

Is the mananagement blind? Well love is often blind. They obviously don't do it on purpose. Nobody does, pretty sure Milbury didn't want to destroy his Isles over and over again. But they are human beings and can make mistakes. They thought he was ready before, made some changes to accomodate him and to this day, he didn't succeed. Were they blind before? Probably not. But their expectations were surely too high. Like it was too high in Pacioretty when most people in this board wanted him in the AHL and the Habs continued using him until they realized....he had to go.

I did say before, I couldn't care less if the management VOCALLY tells everybody who wants to listen that Price is your #1. You can tell to whoever goalies are out there. But the Habs #1 doesn't have the same credentials than the Jersey #1. A Hab #1 might have 55 starts. But that still leaves your #2 (or #1B) with 27 starts. That's not Jersey #2 with 10ish starts. And then depending on the stats, you never know...it might end up 50-30 and so on. Your kid is still #1. But instead of slowly developing him in the AHL, what you should have done, you have to slowly develop him in the NHL. Besides, even the Luongo's and Brodeur's shouldn't have 75 starts anymore. I'd like my goalie to be in top shape come playoff time. Maybe the Niemi and Leighton's, on top of playing with great teams, weren't the best goalies....but they surely were ones of the most fresh.
Well .. while Price has been branded as the no.1 already a couple of times, this will be the first time Price is on a team where the goaltender behind him has NO thoughts whatsoever of taking over that role and instead is fully dedicated to seeing him succeed.

I was very impressed with what I saw during the playoffs last year and how he supported Halak. I hope the growth he showed then continued during the offseason and translates into him finally being able to take over the reigns he was meant for all along.

Having said that, I am as concerned as you are. There is no more safety net anymore. We succeed or fail with Price as our starting goaltender. It is a big risk to take as an organization.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:02 AM
  #65
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Can you find me a quote of Ellis after signing with Tampa where he mentions money and term as one of the main reasons why he signed there?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533458

Here are a few quotes from him, he mentions new owner, new GM, new coach, great young players, a chance to compete for no.1 job, a goaltender he knows and is friends with, etc.. he never once even remotely mentions money.

Ellis did not sign here because he was told Carey Price is no.1, your job would be to mentor him and he said "No Thanks"

I don't blame him, but lets stop blaming Gauthier for not offering enough money or whatever ... simply Ellis did not want to sign in Montreal unless he had a chance to be no.1 and the Habs were not willing to give him or anybody else that chance. THAT we can blame them for.
Quote:
TSN is reporting that Dan Ellis has stated that the breakdown with Montreal occurred over term, money and playing time. Bottom line, he was looking out for himself, with a job giving him a shot at being a number one.
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/

I know, it's not a Ellis quote. I doubt you'd fine a lot of quotes from players talking specifically about money either. But fine. I won't blame Gauthier for it. Thing is, at one point Ellis doesn't mention as being behind Price as important as NOW it seems to be. Says one thing one day, says another thing the next day. Tough to know exactly what he's about. But one thing we know. We gave Auld 1-year 1M$. We did have numerous reports from Ellis himself that was saying that they were talking but weren't too close of an agreement. Which makes people believe that the offer for Auld....was the same for Ellis. He got 500K$ more for 2 years.

Anyway, I wasn't for acquiring Auld. Still believe we could have done better. But I'm fine with it now. Let's hope it works out.

Here's something else....don't know if you read french.

http://www.ckac.com/divers/nouvelles...lis-20466.html


Last edited by Whitesnake: 07-03-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:06 AM
  #66
willalong
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not sure where in my interpretation you see that I want him to fail. But I just see that we put the kid in the most problematic position. With the fact that he wasn't brought up properly. With the fact that with his off-ice activities, he started to be not very well liked by the fans and media. With the fact that Halak was treated as god by the same fans and media. And then you give him the net with no strong #1B behind? Not saying he's not going to overcome all this. If he can, give him the Vezina right away. But he's been put in the worst position of all.

Is the mananagement blind? Well love is often blind. They obviously don't do it on purpose. Nobody does, pretty sure Milbury didn't want to destroy his Isles over and over again. But they are human beings and can make mistakes. They thought he was ready before, made some changes to accomodate him and to this day, he didn't succeed. Were they blind before? Probably not. But their expectations were surely too high. Like it was too high in Pacioretty when most people in this board wanted him in the AHL and the Habs continued using him until they realized....he had to go.

I did say before, I couldn't care less if the management VOCALLY tells everybody who wants to listen that Price is your #1. You can tell to whoever goalies are out there. But the Habs #1 doesn't have the same credentials than the Jersey #1. A Hab #1 might have 55 starts. But that still leaves your #2 (or #1B) with 27 starts. That's not Jersey #2 with 10ish starts. And then depending on the stats, you never know...it might end up 50-30 and so on. Your kid is still #1. But instead of slowly developing him in the AHL, what you should have done, you have to slowly develop him in the NHL. Besides, even the Luongo's and Brodeur's shouldn't have 75 starts anymore. I'd like my goalie to be in top shape come playoff time. Maybe the Niemi and Leighton's, on top of playing with great teams, weren't the best goalies....but they surely were ones of the most fresh.
Lets play what if?

What if being up gave him invaluable experience.
No big shock as to what he has to do.

Off ice activities is nothing new, plenty of players have overcome the temptations of the big city.
Is he ready to settle down, has he already settled down....I say he has. So that could be so much prejudice.

You talk about management being blinded, what about "super fans" being blind, not realizing what they have.

Could Pactrioetty benefit from the NHL exposure....We shall see, I for one don't think he was not destroyed but gained valuable experience, that he can use for future challenges

You have to give Price the reins eventually, you say he has had chances before and failed...I say he "learned" If he handles 60 games Auld can pick up the slack no sweat.

Development can happen in the NHL. As a matter of fact, I think Price is ready to make some noise.

If you do not like Price, it is irrelevant, because he will get his chance to succeed or to fail.

Which do you really want....you admit in a round about way that you do not like is previous off ice activities, you do not like the fact Halak is gone. So if human nature is correct, you think Price is a prima donna and hope for his demise.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:13 AM
  #67
willalong
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Well .. while Price has been branded as the no.1 already a couple of times, this will be the first time Price is on a team where the goaltender behind him has NO thoughts whatsoever of taking over that role and instead is fully dedicated to seeing him succeed.

I was very impressed with what I saw during the playoffs last year and how he supported Halak. I hope the growth he showed then continued during the offseason and translates into him finally being able to take over the reigns he was meant for all along.

Having said that, I am as concerned as you are. There is no more safety net anymore. We succeed or fail with Price as our starting goaltender. It is a big risk to take as an organization.
I am just happy that I have seen Price play. Listening to this board would make you think that he is swiss cheese with no hope of stopping anything unless it hits him because he is too slow to get out of the way.

But there is a safety net, Auld is the safety net.

If Price crashes and burns as some hope, then you better find out and then run him out of town. I for one think that is a remote possibility.

Price has the experience under his belt, management supporting him and a more solid defense.

Auld is capable of being a number 1 in the short term as he was in Vancouver...67 games...traded for Luongo.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:21 AM
  #68
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willalong View Post
Lets play what if?

What if being up gave him invaluable experience.
No big shock as to what he has to do.

Off ice activities is nothing new, plenty of players have overcome the temptations of the big city.
Is he ready to settle down, has he already settled down....I say he has. So that could be so much prejudice.

You talk about management being blinded, what about "super fans" being blind, not realizing what they have.

Could Pactrioetty benefit from the NHL exposure....We shall see, I for one don't think he was not destroyed but gained valuable experience, that he can use for future challenges

You have to give Price the reins eventually, you say he has had chances before and failed...I say he "learned" If he handles 60 games Auld can pick up the slack no sweat.

Development can happen in the NHL. As a matter of fact, I think Price is ready to make some noise.

If you do not like Price, it is irrelevant, because he will get his chance to succeed or to fail.

Which do you really want....you admit in a round about way that you do not like is previous off ice activities, you do not like the fact Halak is gone. So if human nature is correct, you think Price is a prima donna and hope for his demise.
Geez you're so wrong in reading people. I, me, Whitesnake, COULDN'T care less if he drinks wine out of a magnum every single day. I'm talking about the pressure that the Bell crowd (I go there often, but I don't boo my own players, geez, I almost fight with the ones that do....), that the media will give him every single day from the first preseason (you'll tell me if he's not booed during this 1st preseason game).

I BELIEVE in his potential. Truly the "potential" of a great goalie to be. But how many players were not able to fulfill their potential because of circumstances? We traded Latendresse 'cause he was suppose to be that big hot head that wouldn't have worked in Montreal and needed that change of scenery for some odd and stupid reasons.....If it fits for Latendresse, don't you think how it wouldn't fit for a guy like Price for all the reasons I gave to you before? People think Latendresse had pressure to perform, Guy, Guy , Guy and so on....do people really believe Price won't have any? We have the fans that we have. Not the greatest by any means, I keekp mentioning how overrated they, and we are. So people should stop believing we are what we're not. As much as we're suppose to love this team, a lot of people are putting on Price the fact that Halak was traded. Geez, I already heard Ron Fournier on the radio saying how he hopes that people will be kind towards Price. And Fournier isn't a Price fan.

Our super fans blind? Seriously? Like it's been said before, though it happens in a lot of other places, everytime we hear about a kid, we put him on our top 6 or top 4 on D. If anything, we're TOO aware of what's going on and overrate our players. Carey was Patrick Roy all over again remember? Halak was THE god. And so on....

Again, I couldn't care less of his off-ice activities. But yes, I do not like the fact that Halak is gone but guess what....I never participated in the stupid Halak-Price thread or if so, it was to say how stupid I thought it was 'cause you didn't have to be pro-Halak or Pro-Price but just pro-team. And yes, it is possible, believe it or not, to like BOTH goalies. Strange concept I know. But that's where I was and still am to this day.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.