HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Look at the bright side, Kovalchuk and Frolov are still available!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2010, 04:35 PM
  #1
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 50
Look at the bright side, Kovalchuk and Frolov are still available!


Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 04:37 PM
  #2
Habs514
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
I'd be happy with a 3 or 4th line center.

Habs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 04:49 PM
  #3
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
If Kovalchuk and Frolov both called Gauthier and said that they'd take a paycut and come to montreal for a total of $6M/year combined... They probably would get hung up on.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 04:59 PM
  #4
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
It's getting pretty interesting out there, there aren't many destinations that can fit kovalchuk in anymore. If he goes to toronto, i'll lead the charge to PG's house

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:00 PM
  #5
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,716
vCash: 500
Other then Edmonton and Toronto (maybe not anymore), who has the money right now for Kovy?

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:01 PM
  #6
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,490
vCash: 500
Come on Koval, sign with us for cheap!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:01 PM
  #7
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,180
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Remember free agents goes from now till fall, better do nothing sign our guys, make trade or 2... than the embarrassment Calgary has done.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:01 PM
  #8
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Go get Lombardi - he would be the best forward to fit our system/style, plus he wants to play here........

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:02 PM
  #9
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
If Kovalchuk and Frolov both called Gauthier and said that they'd take a paycut and come to montreal for a total of $6M/year combined... They probably would get hung up on.
Do you guys really how silly you sound?

It's unfortunate you guys always think every year will be like last year when we spend 30+ million

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:02 PM
  #10
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,720
vCash: 500
Awards:
And now let's look at the not so bright side ; Habs probably won't sign either.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:03 PM
  #11
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 10,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
And now let's look at the not so bright side ; Habs probably won't sign either.
Rangers will get Frolov. That's my prediction.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:09 PM
  #12
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
We already have Mike Cammelleri, Brian Gionta, Tomas Plekanec, Scott Gomez, Andrei Markov, PK Subban, Price (soon to be signed), Andrei Kostitsyn may either step it up or be traded for someone who will. Pouliot imo still can be a potential 40g scorer, I have faith in this guy don't give up on him!

We got Eller who may suprise, some good prospects. We have nothing to worry about. Many of the players mentioned above if healthy are capable of 60+ points. That means we have many players who can chip in.

It's not like our team is going to be terrible. Adding Frolov would be nice though.

But yeah don't forget all the guys we already do have who are awesome. Not just okay players, awesome players. Cammalleri 40g+ guy, Pouliot could possibly be capable of that one day who knows. Plekanec capapble of 80pts? I don't think it's impossible and with Gionta healthy maybe Gomez could put up top numbers too.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:09 PM
  #13
RichardFaulk
 
RichardFaulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
right now as it looks PG wont do anything lets just hope these guys sign out west!

RichardFaulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:11 PM
  #14
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Throw the farm at both of them. I'm willing to get rid of half the team for those two at this point..LOL

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:11 PM
  #15
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFaulk View Post
right now as it looks PG wont do anything lets just hope these guys sign out west!
If Toronto signs either of these guys I will drown a bag of puppies.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:11 PM
  #16
RichardFaulk
 
RichardFaulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
We already have Mike Cammelleri, Brian Gionta, Tomas Plekanec, Scott Gomez, Andrei Markov, PK Subban, Price (soon to be signed), Andrei Kostitsyn may either step it up or be traded for someone who will. Pouliot imo still can be a potential 40g scorer, I have faith in this guy don't give up on him!

We got Eller who may suprise, some good prospects. We have nothing to worry about. Many of the players mentioned above if healthy are capable of 60+ points. That means we have many players who can chip in.

It's not like our team is going to be terrible. Adding Frolov would be nice though.

But yeah don't forget all the guys we already do have who are awesome. Not just okay players, awesome players. Cammalleri 40g+ guy, Pouliot could possibly be capable of that one day who knows. Plekanec capapble of 80pts? I don't think it's impossible and with Gionta healthy maybe Gomez could put up top numbers too.
ya but teams like OTT ,PITT,BOS , ATL , NJ ,PHI , and TOR all got better which will make it harder to make it in the East !

RichardFaulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:12 PM
  #17
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Do you guys really how silly you sound?

It's unfortunate you guys always think every year will be like last year when we spend 30+ million
It's a joke, relax.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:15 PM
  #18
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
It's a joke, relax.
I wasn't joking about the puppies.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:19 PM
  #19
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
I think Kovalchuk is going to the Leafs. If he was going to the Kings it would have happened already.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:24 PM
  #20
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
KHL bound

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:24 PM
  #21
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFaulk View Post
ya but teams like OTT ,PITT,BOS , ATL , NJ ,PHI , and TOR all got better which will make it harder to make it in the East !
I love the mentality where "team X made a move, so they got better". Just because something changed on their team doesn't automatically equal improving the team.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:30 PM
  #22
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I love the mentality where "team X made a move, so they got better". Just because something changed on their team doesn't automatically equal improving the team.
But those teams did get better.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:39 PM
  #23
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFaulk View Post
ya but teams like OTT ,PITT,BOS , ATL , NJ ,PHI , and TOR all got better which will make it harder to make it in the East !
I agree most of those teams got better:

Pitt
Boston
NJ
Phi

Were always sure shots to make the playoffs

I'm not so sure that Atlanta and Ottawa got much better.

Atlanta definately got tougher up front but they'll still struggle to score goals
Ottawa overpaid for a PP specialist who can't play defence and lost Volchenkov.
Toronto got two serivicable wingers but again who's going to score on that team aside from Kessel

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:46 PM
  #24
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
But those teams did get better.
How did Boston, NJ, Philly or Pittsburgh get substantially better?

EDIT: Nevermind about Pitts, forgot they signed Michalek as well.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 05:47 PM
  #25
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
How did Boston, NJ, Philly or Pittsburgh get substantially better?
Are you kidding?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.